Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#502733 - 02/22/06 08:06 PM ACLU
X Offline
Power Poster
X
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,332
WOOHOO
"I seek social ownership of property, the abolition of the properties class, and sole control of those who produce wealth. Communism is the goal."

-- Roger Baldwin, leftist, anarchist, and Communist, was born in Wellesley MA and co-founded the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).



"The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened."

-- Norman Thomas, Socialist Party Presidential Candidate in 1940, 1944 and 1948, co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
____

The ACLU is the most dangerous group in America.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#502734 - 02/22/06 08:07 PM Re: ACLU
DeeQ Offline
10K Club
DeeQ
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 40,763
Turnpike Exit 10
And here I was thinking that the ultra-cons were the most dangerous, go figure.
_________________________
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

Return to Top
#502735 - 02/22/06 09:31 PM Re: ACLU
Czargazer Offline
Gold Star
Czargazer
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 298
Pacific Northwest
I don't know if I'd agree that the ACLU is the most dangerous group, but they do rank up there. Though certainly not for the reasons posted. What's wrong with socialism? If implimented correctly, it's not too bad of a way to go. Of course, the main problem is that it takes people to make it happen... and that pretty much dooms it.
_________________________
Everyone has to make a living, mine just happens to involve thumbscrews.

Return to Top
#502736 - 02/22/06 09:54 PM Re: ACLU
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,121
Great; we should get off the whole Dubai issue, since you aren't making any headway there.

Return to Top
#502737 - 02/22/06 10:09 PM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

The ACLU has nothing to do with civil liberties.

Return to Top
#502738 - 02/23/06 05:23 AM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

The ACLU has nothing to do with civil liberties.




Actually their mission statement says:

"The mission of the ACLU is to preserve all of these protections and guarantees:

Your First Amendment rights-freedom of speech, association and assembly. Freedom of the press, and freedom of religion supported by the strict separation of church and state.

Your right to equal protection under the law - equal treatment regardless of race, sex, religion or national origin.

Your right to due process - fair treatment by the government whenever the loss of your liberty or property is at stake.

Your right to privacy - freedom from unwarranted government intrusion into your personal and private affairs."

They defend liberty for all of us - and, not surprisingly, X considers that to be dangerous.

Return to Top
#502739 - 02/23/06 01:20 PM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

The ACLU has nothing to do with civil liberties.




enlighten us. what does it do?

Return to Top
#502740 - 02/24/06 03:13 PM Re: ACLU
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 553
USA
gfh
Last edited by Hansome Stan; 02/24/06 03:14 PM.
Return to Top
#502741 - 02/24/06 06:30 PM Re: ACLU
DeeQ Offline
10K Club
DeeQ
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 40,763
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

gfh




huh?
_________________________
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

Return to Top
#502742 - 02/24/06 06:39 PM Re: ACLU
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,395
Jersey Shore
The funny thing is, that's the edited version of the post....

Return to Top
#502743 - 02/24/06 06:40 PM Re: ACLU
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,994
Ha! I was thinking the same thing. What was it before, gffh?
_________________________
blah

Return to Top
#502744 - 02/24/06 07:05 PM Re: ACLU
X Offline
Power Poster
X
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,332
WOOHOO
Contributors should be ashamed for supporting an interest group (ACLU) that endorses the right of NAMBLA to actively promote and solicit man-boy sex and gives advice on how to avoid detection and prosecution for it (Curley case in Massachusetts), and which works actively to undermine and destroy organizations like the Boy Scouts.

The ACLU played a helpful role in the civil rights movement defending these people, and I cant turn my back on that. I have to give credit where credit is due. But.that being said, what they have done in the past is completely eviscerated by what they do in the present. The ACLU has become a fanatical anti-faith Taliban of American religious secularism.

The ACLU is involved in the secular cleansing of our history. This is not just a fight about free exercise, but about the protection of our American history. The ACLU want to deny America the knowledge of their Christian heritage.

Return to Top
#502745 - 02/24/06 07:09 PM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which pill do you take to stop living in the Matrix?

Return to Top
#502746 - 02/24/06 07:10 PM Re: ACLU
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 455
Consider, they even defended Rush Limbaugh. That's got to count for something (and that could count either in their favor or against them depending on which soapbox a person is on).

Return to Top
#502747 - 02/24/06 07:12 PM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

the heritage was religious freedom. and the aclu isn't denying heritage, they are trying to deny government endorsement of it.

Return to Top
#502748 - 02/24/06 07:13 PM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

do you realize that if the government tried to say that we cannot worship christianity, the aclu would be the first to oppose it?

Return to Top
#502749 - 02/24/06 07:24 PM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

do you realize that if the government tried to say that we cannot worship christianity, the aclu would be the first to oppose it?




Facts are wasted on the paranoid.

Return to Top
#502750 - 02/24/06 10:12 PM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

The ACLU has long not promoted civil liberties. They have a far left agenda and attack the administration whenever they get a chance. Lately they have started to attack the US.

Return to Top
#502751 - 02/25/06 12:08 AM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

do you realize that if the government tried to say that we cannot worship christianity, the aclu would be the first to oppose it?




Facts are wasted on the paranoid.



what a good way to describe conservative m.o.s!

Return to Top
#502752 - 02/25/06 02:24 AM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

X tries to use guilt by association in connecting the ACLU with NAMBLA. Yes, they have represented quite a few infamous clients, the KKK and the Nazi party when they weren't allowed to protest and Oliver North when his rights were violated. Just because they stand up for constitutional rights doesn't mean they agree with the group. NAMBLA was being sued because someone said their publications "made" someone commit a crime. If writers and producers of books can be sued just because someone commits a crime, it will keep ideas from being published.
Quote:

The ACLU is involved in the secular cleansing of our history




What garbage! Here is a case in which Agape Press discusses the ACLU forcing a school to back down when they would let a student put a bible quote in a yearbook

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/5/172004d.asp

Return to Top
#502753 - 02/25/06 05:12 AM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't know if I'd agree that the ACLU is the most dangerous group, but they do rank up there. Though certainly not for the reasons posted. What's wrong with socialism? If implimented correctly, it's not too bad of a way to go. Of course, the main problem is that it takes people to make it happen... and that pretty much dooms it.




Voluntary socialism is a good thing. Forced socialism is a bad thing, a very, very bad thing.

Return to Top
#502754 - 02/25/06 05:12 AM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Great; we should get off the whole Dubai issue, since you aren't making any headway there.




Or maybe you should change the discussion here to Dubai because you have no defense of the ACLU.

Return to Top
#502755 - 02/25/06 05:15 AM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

The ACLU has nothing to do with civil liberties.




Actually their mission statement says:

"The mission of the ACLU is to preserve all of these protections and guarantees:

Your First Amendment rights-freedom of speech, association and assembly. Freedom of the press, and freedom of religion supported by the strict separation of church and state.

Your right to equal protection under the law - equal treatment regardless of race, sex, religion or national origin.

Your right to due process - fair treatment by the government whenever the loss of your liberty or property is at stake.

Your right to privacy - freedom from unwarranted government intrusion into your personal and private affairs."

They defend liberty for all of us - and, not surprisingly, X considers that to be dangerous.




And will you please print Enron's mission statement while you are at it? Enron's mission statement noted that the company prided itself on four key values: respect, integrity, communication and excellence. Among other things, all business dealings at Enron were supposed to be "open and fair."

My point is that your point is pointless!

Return to Top
#502756 - 02/25/06 05:17 AM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Consider, they even defended Rush Limbaugh. That's got to count for something (and that could count either in their favor or against them depending on which soapbox a person is on).




Yes, if the case fits their narrow definition of civil rights, they'll take on either side regardless of how repulsed they are by it.

Return to Top
#502757 - 02/25/06 05:18 AM Re: ACLU
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

the heritage was religious freedom. and the aclu isn't denying heritage, they are trying to deny government endorsement of it.




Or public school teaching of its place in our history.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2