Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#50281 - 12/20/02 10:49 PM Auditing manuals
Anonymous
Unregistered

What types of internal auditing manuals does anyone recommend? I do not have internet capabilities on the PC in my office, so it would have to be via a CD or hard copy. I'm specifically looking for a manual that has audit programs for all areas of a bank/savings & loan, including sample tests, checklists and questionnaires. I'm also looking for manuals covering the audit of internal controls over financial reporting and regulatory compliance...essentially everything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Because I'm having an EXTREMELY hard time convincing the audit committee to pay for these costs, I am looking for manuals that are under $500 per year.

Return to Top
Audit
#50282 - 12/20/02 11:21 PM Re: Auditing manuals
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use the Warren, Gorham & Lamont manual entitled Bank Internal Auditing Manual. You can get it from RIA, Customer Service Department, 117 E. Stevens Avenue, Valhalla, NY 10595-1264. The phone number to place an order is 1-800-950-1216. It covers most areas that I need to look at, and is pretty thorough. It comes as a hard copy and a set of disks for the computer, is periodically updated, and should be in your price range. In addition to it, I also use the OCC Examiners Handbook and the Compliance Manual.

Good Luck!

Return to Top
#50283 - 12/22/02 09:06 AM Re: Auditing manuals
Deepa C Offline
Deepa C
Dubai, UAE
I also suggest that you go through the Tools Section of the Bankers Online website. There are several worksheets that might help you.

Return to Top
#50284 - 12/23/02 03:56 PM Re: Auditing manuals
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Anon, I also use the Bank Internal Auditing Manual. Apparently, you appear to be able to browse the net from home, so try www.auditnet.org sometime. There are some banking related audit resources there as well. Good Luck!

Return to Top
#50285 - 12/24/02 04:20 PM Re: Auditing manuals
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Sheshunoff also has a Bank Internal Audit manual that has checklists and programs for regulatory compliance. I also use the FMS Internal Audit Desk Reference as well as the OTS handbooks...if you are a savings bank.

Return to Top
#50286 - 12/24/02 08:54 PM Re: Auditing manuals
cbinder63 Offline

Platinum Poster
cbinder63
Colorado
Alexinformation has the Regulatory Compliance Audit Program.

Return to Top
#50287 - 12/26/02 06:52 PM Re: Auditing manuals
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Kirchman puts out a regulatory compliance manual with checklists, etc. And, it's free.
You can probably save it off from your home PC and bring it to work on disk.
Good luck. Kirchman

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z