Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread Options
#505078 - 04/04/06 02:03 PM Re: Apprentice 5
JoeEastBanker Offline
Boston, MA
Bryce was pretty quiet during the first few tasks but over the last 2 weeks he stepped it up and I had taken a liking towards him. He messed up with "not knowing what time he had to be at Arby's"... but other than that I thought he was a pretty good leader. By the previews for next week it looks like the team is back to a state of hysteria!

But bottom line... he deserved to be fired after taking Lenny and Lee to the boardroom. All he had to do is take Tarek who sort of back-stabbed him in the boardroom... Tarek has been in there every time and Donald is sick of him... He would have been GONE!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#505079 - 04/04/06 02:08 PM Re: Apprentice 5
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Bryce was pretty quiet during the first few tasks but over the last 2 weeks he stepped it up and I had taken a liking towards him. He messed up with "not knowing what time he had to be at Arby's"... but other than that I thought he was a pretty good leader. By the previews for next week it looks like the team is back to a state of hysteria!

But bottom line... he deserved to be fired after taking Lenny and Lee to the boardroom. All he had to do is take Tarek who sort of back-stabbed him in the boardroom... Tarek has been in there every time and Donald is sick of him... He would have been GONE!

I think we are all forgetting that they showed Charmaine telling him the meeting was at 10:15. She didn't allow enough time to get to the meeting, but he was informed about the time. The other problem was that when the execs asked why they were late, Bryce just changed the subject instead of answering them.

Return to Top
#505080 - 04/04/06 03:06 PM Re: Apprentice 5
MStateFan Offline
100 Club
MStateFan
Mississippi
Didn't Charmaine say something to Bryce about needing to leave in 10 or 15 minutes? Then the next thing we see is Bryce wanting to hammer out the issues that everyone brought out the previous night. I wasn't watching the show closely, but it appeared that Bryce was getting caught up in getting his team dynamics straight and didn't get them out the door in enough time to make the meeting. I could be wrong, though, since I wasn't paying close attention.

I did think it was odd that when they arrived at the meeting, none of the team members even acknowledged that they were late. If it had been me, I would have probably rushed into the room apologizing!

Return to Top
#505081 - 04/04/06 03:48 PM Re: Apprentice 5
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

Anyway, the way I interpreted last night's boardroom drama... Bryce and Lenny were the only two members of the team willing to go if their team lost...So, when Trump asked for the PM and 2 people to come back, Bryce brought the only other person willing to pay for the failure, and someone that he knew Trump couldn't fire. And Trump knew he was being given a Hobson's choice (sort of.)

I completely concur. Bryce was taking the position that he signed off on the lyrics and music and thought they were great at the time, so in his view he couldn't turn around and say "Whoa, those sucked, and that's what killed us." Lenny seemed to genuinely believe he should be at risk because of his inability to contribute, so he was a natural for the BR. And the same thing with Lee--Bryce believed everyone had worked hard and done their best and that he had agreed on every aspect, so he couldn't bring them in without (in his eyes) being a hypocrite, so he was left with only Lee, who he knew would be totally safe. But at the same time I do think it was worth acknowledging that even though religion is important, Lee agreed to be on this show, which is after all a big game, and he's effectively managed to have immunity twice by observing his holidays.

Trump thinks Lenny was just dogging it on this one, but I think he just really didn't have the chops for it and really may have failed to grasp the whole thing. We've seen him get overly defensive before when he messed up and knew it and was trying to back people off, but this time he really seemed willing to take the hit. Interesting.

Return to Top
#505082 - 04/04/06 03:54 PM Re: Apprentice 5
lawmansbabe Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
isn't it amazing how the teams, knowing that Trump thinks Tarek and Charmaine have gotten off easy when responsible for losses, won't take either of them in?

...and while I think Lee should not be penalized for observing his religious holidays, but as randomname said above, he did sign up for the show. It is an unfair advantage for him to have received two bys out of how many weeks? It's not as if he is a driving force when he is there.

I thought it was fun watching Bryce stand up to Trump, and Carolyn, and Bill. More of them need to do the same, instead of kissing up to them.

Return to Top
#505083 - 04/04/06 04:04 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
one of the comments my wife made while watching the boardroom was that Trump was jerking Bryce around a bit, and clearly didn't like it that Bryce essentially called his bluff. By that she meant that the previous week, Trump had been having a hissy fit that Lenny had not been brought back into the boardroom. This week Lenny came back into the boardroom, willing to take responsibility for his part in the loss, and Trump has a hissy that Orlando Bloom and Charmaine weren't brought in....

Return to Top
#505084 - 04/04/06 05:28 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
Has Lee ever been a PM yet? If I were on that team, he would be for the next task. The next *two* tasks. I understand he's a religious man; I respect that. Why don't you see him doing anything else to honor his religion? I'm far from an expert on the Jewish religion, but aren't there specific prayers that they must do once or twice a day? They've never shown him to put on phylacteries (and maybe that's a privacy issue, I don't know) or any prayers before eating and I don't remember any prohibition on electricity at any time. I don't think he's dogging it - entirely - but I do think he's mighty comfortable in a postion that he knows no one is going to be able to call on him. But again, I'm not an expert on this. Can someone explain it to me?

Return to Top
#505085 - 04/04/06 05:30 PM Re: Apprentice 5
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
He was a project manager and won. It might have been the Grape Nuts.

Return to Top
#505086 - 04/04/06 05:31 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
Oh, that's right. Okay, I'd only make him be PM on the next task.

Return to Top
#505087 - 04/04/06 05:33 PM Re: Apprentice 5
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I don't think Lee has been PM yet-wasn't Charmaine the winning PM for grape nuts-redeemed herself for the lousy commedienne at the GM task.

Return to Top
#505088 - 04/04/06 05:36 PM Re: Apprentice 5
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
He was PM because they were talking about how young he was and how he didn't know what he was doing. Just can't remember the task.

Return to Top
#505089 - 04/04/06 06:33 PM Re: Apprentice 5
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I couldn't stand it anymore and looked it up. Lee was the PM on the Gillette Fusion task where they had to get the text messages.

Return to Top
#505090 - 04/04/06 10:17 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Quote:

I understand he's a religious man; I respect that. Why don't you see him doing anything else to honor his religion? I'm far from an expert on the Jewish religion, but aren't there specific prayers that they must do once or twice a day? They've never shown him to put on phylacteries (and maybe that's a privacy issue, I don't know) or any prayers before eating and I don't remember any prohibition on electricity at any time. I don't think he's dogging it - entirely - but I do think he's mighty comfortable in a postion that he knows no one is going to be able to call on him. But again, I'm not an expert on this. Can someone explain it to me?

There are many levels of observance, and many rules that might seem strange to non-Jews. For example, the orthodox don't flip light switches on the Sabbath, although they will enjoy the light that was turned on before the Sabbath or by others.

Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur are the holiest of days, and there are many non-orthodox Jews who observe these holidays without following many of the other traditions. As a reform Jew who doesn't keep kosher, only occasionally attends synagogue, doesn't think twice about driving, transacting business or turning on lights on the Sabbath, I observe these few holidays, and respect him for doing the same.

That said, when I am off from work for those days and come back, I need to do extra and catch up. Lee has missed the two tasks now, I would think he needs to shine on the rest, rather than continue to blend into the scenery, to come out on top in this game.

Return to Top
#505091 - 04/04/06 10:33 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uncle Milty, thank you so much for responding to my post. I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else with my thoughts.

Your response makes complete sense. I'm afraid I attend church services in much of the same manner: Easter and Christmas.

I agree Lee needs to step it up. He may just be young, but I think he needs to get his butt kicked a bit and then get that "politician" turned off inside of himself. He just doesn't seem to act naturally to me; he's always considering the angles. Well, I think I just described the perfect businessman. He'll probably win.

Return to Top
#505092 - 04/04/06 10:34 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
D*mmit! That was me - wasn't signed in.

Thanks, Uncle Milty.

Return to Top
#505093 - 04/05/06 02:20 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just don't think it is right that Lee be given a pass on two tasks--it just isn't fair to the rest of the team. Dan too, he missed a task earlier.

Neither commercial was great nor worthly of "winning", but I guess the Arby's people had to pick one--and their reason was pretty lame.

I thought Bryce did the right thing, bring in two people who did little to contribute on winning this task. And I liked how he stood up to Trump--Carolyn disappointed me with the "why don't you just say, fire me".

Overall the task sucked--just another pimping of a product.

Return to Top
#505094 - 04/05/06 04:56 PM Re: Apprentice 5
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Although now that I think about it a bit, some people on other forums have accused this show of trying to create individual crises just for drama. For instance, obviously they knew that three contestants were Jewish, so since the jingle task was a one-day event, there was no real reason they absolutely had to hold it on Yom Kippur. They could've waited and done it the next day. But this way, it forces the religiously-minded to make a big choice and then presents opportunities for teammates to gripe about their absence.

Return to Top
#505095 - 04/05/06 06:30 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Although now that I think about it a bit, some people on other forums have accused this show of trying to create individual crises just for drama. For instance, obviously they knew that three contestants were Jewish, so since the jingle task was a one-day event, there was no real reason they absolutely had to hold it on Yom Kippur. They could've waited and done it the next day. But this way, it forces the religiously-minded to make a big choice and then presents opportunities for teammates to gripe about their absence.

You could say kinda the same thing about Brent. I can't believe anyone interviewing him for this show actually thought he had a chance of winning and he was marginalized from day one by his team (wasn't he also the last one to be selected for a team).

I do think he was specifically selected just for the drama of his personality. That is why this show is going downhill.

Return to Top
#505096 - 04/05/06 07:20 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Quote:

obviously they knew that three contestants were Jewish, so since the jingle task was a one-day event, there was no real reason they absolutely had to hold it on Yom Kippur.

I had to wonder about this. Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur are 9 days apart. Weren't there a few tasks in between? Although they play it as one task per week, it may be compressed. Anyone know the inside on this?

Return to Top
#505097 - 04/05/06 07:50 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought I read an interview with Bill Rancic that the task and board room take around 3 days (2 days on task/1 board room). Assuming they go back to back on tasks, which I think is true if I remember last season when they fired all four in the board room and everyone stayed up waiting for someone to return and never did.

Dan and Lee were gone for week 3 and Lee last night for week 6.

Return to Top
#505098 - 04/10/06 02:44 PM Re: Apprentice 5
Anonymous
Unregistered

Two episodes tonight--two firings.

Return to Top
#505099 - 04/10/06 03:47 PM Re: Apprentice 5
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I hope they fire that red-head tonight. I'm so sick of her condescending, know-it-all smirk.

Return to Top
#505100 - 04/10/06 04:37 PM Re: Apprentice 5
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Quote:

Two episodes tonight--two firings.

Is it 2 hours or just one?

Return to Top
#505101 - 04/10/06 05:14 PM Re: Apprentice 5
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Two hours.

Return to Top
#505102 - 04/10/06 09:24 PM Re: Apprentice 5
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

I hope they fire that red-head tonight. I'm so sick of her condescending, know-it-all smirk.

I agree complete with you on this. She thinks so highly of herself it is annoying. She and Tarek should hook up. They are both in love with themselves to the point of making others sick they might be a perfect pair.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9