Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options Tools
#50615 - 12/26/02 05:56 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
MrHawaii Offline
100 Club
I'm here! No rest for the wicked! I was really hoping for snow on the palm trees yesterday, but no go.
Did anybody else spend Christmas drinking and watching the Trading Spaces marathon on TLC?

Brian
American Savings Bank

Return to Top
General Discussion
#50616 - 12/26/02 05:58 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
You didn't watch the bowl game?!?!

Return to Top
#50617 - 12/26/02 06:02 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
Brian,

Your in Hawaii. How can you stay indoors and watch Home Improvement programs when "Hawaii Calls"

Get out the guitar brother and strum under the Palms that have no snow on them.

Return to Top
#50618 - 12/26/02 06:15 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
I stayed home on Christmas 'cause someone rear-ended my new Nissan Altima on the night of the 23rd! And because of privacy....the cops did not give me the person's name. Plus, I have to wait until the police rept is ready so I can file a claim on her insurance. ( and of course everyone in the police dept's administrative office is out for the holidays until Fri) And my back is hurting...but my doctor doesn't take "wreck victims". Is the world going crazy?

Return to Top
#50619 - 12/26/02 06:26 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Yeah, really. Shouldn't you have been out surfing or diving or decorating palm trees with Christmas lights or something??

I watched about 10 minutes of Trading Spaces before I was forced to change the channel. That's what happens when the husband is also at home. At least he's not a sports nut.

Glad I'm not the only one here today!

Return to Top
#50620 - 12/26/02 06:27 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Twas the day after Christmas
And all through the house
The kids have new Playstation games
They're as quiet as really big mice.

A little BOL from home is a healthy thing!
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#50621 - 12/26/02 06:27 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Yeah, I'm here, why doesn't BOL threads have an icon that looks exhausted?
Just got to log in now after wading through our exam reports (CRA & S&S).
Well, at least we passed our exam in flying colors, even if I'm washed out...
Happy New Year!

Return to Top
#50622 - 12/26/02 06:40 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
That's BITES... pardon my french. I am really thankful for have great insurance.

I was in a car accident a few years back. A lady ran a stop sign and I (not having one) hit her. At that time I wasn't even on my (now husband)'s insurance.

I filled out a police report, call the insurance co, paid the deductable, had the car fixed.

All the insurance co wanted was a statement from my hubby saying he had given me permission to drive his car and they went after her insurance co.

About a month later we recieved a check reinbursing us for the deductable.

Return to Top
#50623 - 12/26/02 07:03 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
wlavoie Offline
Gold Star
wlavoie
Hell's Canyon
I'm here but everyone I need to talk to is gone. This day is going to last longer than Christmas eve.

My house is trashed and I don't thing any elves are going to clean it up for me. Ahou, complyguy - so sorry about your unlucky Christmas'.

Guess I'll just crank up my new MP3 player and study Asset/Liability Mgmt . I don't think anyone will notice if I fall asleep

Return to Top
#50624 - 12/26/02 07:03 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Gee, ahou, your post puts into perspective my vetching about being without power (for 24 hours now, for those who were dying to know - forcast for tonight is 20 degrees & howling winds). Seriously, I was rear-ended over 20 years ago (when my body was young & flexible), and the pain started the day after the accident, so I feel (felt?) your pain.

I'm also familiar with insurance hassles from my wife's one accident (not at all her fault - really). And doctors? During my 15-year detour from banking, I did medical massage therapy in a neurologist's office. Let me tell you, I think I'd rather see how sausage is made than see the inner workings of a medical office again! If sympathy has any analgesic value, you should start feeling better real soon.

Return to Top
#50625 - 12/26/02 07:10 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
A virtual pain pill for you! No fun at all - I was in a wreck a couple of months back, and I felt very fortunate to be the front car in the 3 car pileup. Mine was the only one that was drivable. And I love my insurance company. I hope that things quickly return to normal for you.

Return to Top
#50626 - 12/26/02 07:16 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
t cochran Offline
t cochran
Great Falls, MT
WOW - BOL AND TLC ADDICTS? We are a pretty exciting bunch!!!

Twas the day after Christmas
And all through the land,
Most were enjoying their toys
It was really quite grand.

The compliance officer mom
(Also a Trading Spaces nut,)
Sat in her office.
She was truly in a rut.

Dad and children were home
XBOX was running,
She had work to get done
While others were sunning.

Now, amazingly enough
Up the stairs came a waif.
Questions came right and left,
No regulation was safe.

The work would not get done
At least not for today.
I have research to do,
So in BOL I'll play.

Return to Top
#50627 - 12/26/02 07:26 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are quite the poet!!

Return to Top
#50628 - 12/26/02 07:28 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Complyguy -- It's "kvetch" -- to complain or gripe. It's what too many umbrella drinks will make you do the mornin' after.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#50629 - 12/26/02 07:34 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Well, I wasn't wanting to put a damper on anyone's Christmas, but with Complyguy's power outage and Ahou's car accident, how would you have liked to start your Christmas break with a gun to your head?

About 11:00 AM on Christmas Eve, our West branch was robbed by two gunmen. One held a gun to the BMs head to force her to open the vault. They cleaned out the vault and locked the staff in the vault. Thankfully no one was hurt, just shakened up a bit. Hell of way to start your Christmas big Bummer for the familes but great relief for them that no one was hurt.

Return to Top
#50630 - 12/26/02 07:36 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
That really really bites.

Glad to hear no one was hurt.

Return to Top
#50631 - 12/26/02 07:41 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Thanks, John! Sometimes it's just better to admit you don't speak the language...

dpersfull - Again, my own complaints dwindle in the face of others' difficulties. I'll bet gratitude outshone the presents in those households.

Return to Top
#50632 - 12/26/02 07:55 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
In reply to:

I'll bet gratitude outshone the presents in those households.

You know it was

About 4 weeeks ago we were advised that branch was going to be hit on on a certain day. That never happened, but that guy was supposedly caught that made the threat. Kind of makes you wonder if it was a set-up to take everbody off guard.

Any way, I'm good friends with the Lead FBI agent in our town. I met him and some others for a few Christmas Eve drinks after work. When he walked in about 2:00 PM, and after he'd gotten his drink and sat down, I jokingly asked him if he'd caught the guys out west yet. He looked surprised and asked me what I was talking about, and of course I thought he was trying to be coy. Anyway he actually didn't know we had been hit, and he left in very angered state, left his full drink and never came back. I felt so bad ruining his Christmas Eve, not to mention the Agent's that didn't call my friend to let him know abut the hit.

Return to Top
#50633 - 12/26/02 08:12 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Bear Collector, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
Bear Collector, CRCM
District of Columbia
Jeepers- only this morning I was grousing about leftover spaghetti for Chistmas dinner. That certainly pales in the face of car accidents, lengthly power outages, and armed robbery! I'm soooo ashamed! My heart goes out to all of you!
Leslie

Return to Top
#50634 - 12/26/02 08:24 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
OK in sympathly for those with less than a perfect Christmas day, I am dousing the fire in the fireplace and closing the wine cellar door.

Also headed for the San Francisco airport and the trip home to San Diego.

See you all tomorrow

Return to Top
#50635 - 12/26/02 08:36 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Don - If it's not too late, instead of dousing the fire and closing the wine cellar out of sympathy for them/us, how about enjoying both the fire and the wine, but REALLY savoring them?

I know it's gonna be quite a while before I complain about doing laundry, washing dishes, or the high cost of heating oil! When I get home, the sweetest sound I could hear is the sound of the furnace burning my money. Not likely, though - the local utility keeps pushing back the estimated time of restoring power. Beats the heck out of a car accident or robbery, though!

Return to Top
#50636 - 12/26/02 08:41 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
And why is it that when the power is out, all you can think of to do requires power? I'm glad the temperatures aren't too extreme (although 20 with wind is anything but comfortable) - and I hope the power company gets yours on quicker than they're promising!

Power company lineman - there's a job for you! You get called out when it's icy, snowy, rainy, windy - never on balmy spring days with no wind (unless someone runs into a pole!).

Return to Top
#50637 - 12/26/02 08:46 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
I'm here too! After 12" of snow, plus the holidays, we are sailing a "light" ship today. I'm working on Reg O reports and reviewing "insider" activity.

Return to Top
#50638 - 12/26/02 08:57 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I used to date a guy in CT who worked for the state. He drove a plow in the winter and poured asphalt in the summer. I always thought that was a job I would not like to have.

Return to Top
#50639 - 12/26/02 09:07 PM Re: Twas the Day AFTER Christmas....
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
I'm in a Rotary Club here in Florence, SC and one of the guys who is in my club is an engineer for one of the power companies. When the ice storms took the power offline in NC earlier this month, he was called to go work up there. Things were so bad up there, he filled in as a short order cook in a restaurant up there just so his guys could eat!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3