BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#50817 - 12/26/02 07:53 PM Storm aftermath
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Slightly off topic - just curious, anyone else in PA (espec. SE PA)still without power? I've been whining about the projected power restoration being Friday at my house, but I just heard that the Boyertown area is looking at Saturday, maybe.

Return to Top
#50818 - 12/26/02 08:29 PM Re: Storm aftermath
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
I'm in Bucks County, and my power didn't go out at all. This is the first I'm hearing of any power outages.

Return to Top
#50819 - 12/26/02 08:43 PM Re: Storm aftermath
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
You must have been right under the boundary. The problem further north was snow on branches, saturated by freezing rain and sleet. Trees split all over the place, with branches taking down power lines. Pockets of Berks County had a few thousand w/o power, but north of Lehigh County, there were 17,000 w/o power since Christmas afternoon (just like me).

The roads weren't cleared too well, and there's lots of water standing, so I imagine there will be a few accidents tonight - hopefully not involving other vehicles or power poles.

Return to Top
#50820 - 01/02/03 01:19 PM Re: Storm aftermath
DebNP Offline
100 Club
DebNP
Eastern PA and NJ
Sorry I didn't get to answer earlier, I was sick with a sinus infection and upper respiratory infection. I didn't lose power - which is amazing, because the odds have always seem to favor this. We have lost it so much in the past that I now have the electric companies emergency number highlighted in my phone book. I live in Boyertown, PA on one of the last dirt roads in the county, with lots of trees that cause trouble with the power lines. We are supposed to get ice/snow again for Friday, 1/3/02. Hope you have power back before the next batch.

Return to Top
#50821 - 01/03/03 12:53 AM Re: Storm aftermath
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I am in Bucks County (live - I work in NJ) and we didn't lose power. And, surprisingly, neither did my brother who lives in the Poconos and got 2 feet of snow! But I do know others nearby who did lose power.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top