Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#51020 - 12/28/02 03:30 AM QC Check on my home page
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
If you have any "extra" time and can check out how my personal site looks and acts, I'd appreciate it. It should be fine on IE and Netscape, but I've tweaked it a bit and moved it to my cable provider. Soon I'll likely disconnect from my old dial up ISP.

I believe I've got all the code changed that was needed. I also removed the transitions and repaired a few broken links. I am also interested in what other additions you'd find helpful.

You can e-mail or message me if you'd rather not post here, as it may not be of interest to other users.

Thanks for your time.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
General Discussion
#51021 - 12/28/02 06:53 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada

Andy
Your site looks great, and worked fine using IE 6.0 and XP Pro on a Pentium 4 2.0 GHz machine with 1.2 MB ram and 3 100 gig hard drives. Have three 19" monitors hooked up to it.

Your wife and boys are beautiful. I played 15 games of Rock Scissor Paper on Michael and Aaron's page. Only won once, is this rigged or what.

Return to Top
#51022 - 12/28/02 09:08 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
It is rigged so that anyone with such a "hot" setup (better than mine, for sure) loses.

Thanks for the feedback.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#51023 - 01/02/03 06:55 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
teresa Offline
teresa
Maryland
Just wanted to let you know the link to ICB did not work for me. Is this the Indepedent Community Bankers?

Return to Top
#51024 - 01/02/03 07:02 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
You do have a beautiful family Andy!

I played the rock, paper, scissors also! I won 8 out of 11 games!

Return to Top
#51025 - 01/02/03 07:13 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
Kara,

You just had to say you won Gee Thanks

Return to Top
#51026 - 01/02/03 07:15 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
sorry!

Return to Top
#51027 - 01/02/03 08:22 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Try choosing Rock more. I didn't write the code and don't know how it selects what is random. I just did it 20 times and was 14-4-2, wins, losses and draws.

Thanks Teresa, for checking the ICB link. That is Institute of Certified Bankers, those handling the CRCM program. I'll get that corrected.

Return to Top
#51028 - 01/02/03 08:52 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
8-13-8. Obviously not my day to buy a lottery ticket...

Return to Top
#51029 - 01/02/03 10:09 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
marcy Offline
100 Club
marcy
Your new web site is great! I especially like the roving eyes on the Lasik page!! When discussing your pda, the Aportis link brings you to a page stating that the company is no longer operating and was bought out by Ultrasoft. It looks like a temporary page but does not bring you to the Ultrasoft page. By the way, I just got a pda with a memory stick to download the regs! Can't wait to give it a try! You're right - it's a cool toy!

Return to Top
#51030 - 01/02/03 10:15 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Andy, I would hesitate to put that much information about my family on the web, unless I were only advertising the website address to other family members. With the information on your web site any wacko could come on BOL and would have no trouble finding you or a family member.

The below information is from the Safe Kids Web Site

"Never give out identifying information — home address, school name, or telephone number — in a public message such as chat or bulletin boards (newsgroup), and be sure you’re dealing with someone that both you and your child know and trust before giving out this information via E-mail. Think carefully before revealing any personal information such as age, marital status, or financial information. Do not post photographs of your children on web sites or newsgroups that are available to the public. Consider using a pseudonym, avoid listing your child’s name and E-mail address in any public directories and profiles, and find out about your ISP’s privacy policies and exercise your options for how your personal information may be used."

Return to Top
#51031 - 01/02/03 11:00 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
5 - 5 - 5, just call me Even Steven.

Nice site, Andy, but I have to agree with zaibatsu. Maybe the job made me cynical, but the world is full of crazies. And once I saw all the detail there I immediately thought of the robbery prevention training I give(specifically hostage and morning glory robbery issues).

Return to Top
#51032 - 01/03/03 01:47 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I appreciate the feedback and the concerns.

I hope to maintenance this on the weekend as I have to connect from home to do it.

Return to Top
#51033 - 01/03/03 04:03 PM Re: QC Check on my home page
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Cool, Andy, I love the eyeball thing on the LASIK page!
And, yes, the family is cute!

Return to Top