Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#513478 - 03/13/06 08:43 PM Tool (the band)
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I know there are a few fans on this site. A friend told me that their new CD is due in May with ’10,000 days’ as the title.

Just thought I would share.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#513479 - 03/13/06 08:46 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only 11 songs on the CD, I hope they are all good since they have been working on the album for 2 years.

Return to Top
#513480 - 03/13/06 08:47 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Their recent stuff just hasn't been as good as the older albums. I may try before I buy.

Return to Top
#513481 - 03/13/06 08:49 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Appearantly you do not like music. I have loved tool since the origins, and must say their best song is Reflection from Lateralus.

Return to Top
#513482 - 03/13/06 08:52 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess not because Lateralus sucked.

Return to Top
#513483 - 03/13/06 08:56 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not really a big Tool fan, especially after seeing them at Ozzfest. They were a very boring live band.

Peeps, the new Tool comes out 5/2.

Also on May 2, Rebel Meets Rebel comes out!!! This is Dimebag, Rex, Vinnie and David Alan Coe. This CD will rule!! If you get a chance, check out "Nothin' to Lose" on their website. Dime is back!!

Return to Top
#513484 - 03/13/06 09:12 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Not really a big Tool fan, especially after seeing them at Ozzfest. They were a very boring live band.

Also on May 2, Rebel Meets Rebel comes out!!! This is Dimebag, Rex, Vinnie and David Alan Coe. This CD will rule!! If you get a chance, check out "Nothin' to Lose" on their website. Dime is back!!

David Alan Cole... the country singer?

Return to Top
#513485 - 03/13/06 09:13 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dime bag Darryl

Return to Top
#513486 - 03/13/06 09:21 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only tools listen to Tool. Mr. Peepers, everything is now explained.

Return to Top
#513487 - 03/13/06 09:35 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I guess not because Lateralus sucked.

Your right, that is why they won a grammy for this album and it outsold their previous albums.

Return to Top
#513488 - 03/13/06 09:37 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Thats funny I saw them at ozzfes also in Summerset Wisconsin where they were the main headline for over 60 bands, they rocked the house. It was the best concert ever. But I guess I am more into the music than what people do on stage.

Return to Top
#513489 - 03/13/06 09:41 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Thank you, I'm flattered. Can't wait for the CD and ensuing concert.

Return to Top
#513490 - 03/13/06 09:43 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Taste is subjective.

Return to Top
#513491 - 03/13/06 09:45 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Tools unite!

Return to Top
#513492 - 03/13/06 09:51 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Queensryche?

Return to Top
#513493 - 03/13/06 09:55 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Queensryche?

Mindcrime II this Spring or Summer.

The concert will supposedly be I and II in its entirety (don’t hold me to that though).

Return to Top
#513494 - 03/13/06 11:05 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Not really a big Tool fan, especially after seeing them at Ozzfest.

Are you planning on going to Ozzfest this year? I just found out that my Cousins band just signed on to play Ozzfest 2006

Return to Top
#513495 - 03/13/06 11:10 PM Re: Tool (the band)
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

Quote:

Not really a big Tool fan, especially after seeing them at Ozzfest.

Are you planning on going to Ozzfest this year? I just found out that my Cousins band just signed on to play Ozzfest 2006

that's bad a$$

Return to Top
#513496 - 03/14/06 12:14 AM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

This year is the worst lineup for Ozzfest, EVER!

I might go, ONLY because I just found out Ozzy is headling Camden, NJ and to see Black Label Society!! Zakk Wylde is easily among the Top 5 guitarists, ever!

I didn't like Tool when I saw them at Ozzfest because they barely played. They would hit a note and let it ring out for minutes. It was bad. They have some cool songs too; 46 and 2, Aenema but they barely played 5 songs in an hour set. It was horrible.

Best year for Ozzfest was 2000 with Godsmack, Pantera (RIP)and Black Sabbath!!! I don't think that will ever be topped.

Yes, David Allan Coe, the country singer is playing with 3/4 of Pantera and he can hang. What a great singer!

Return to Top
#513497 - 03/14/06 01:30 AM Re: Tool (the band)
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

This year is the worst lineup for Ozzfest, EVER!

I might go, ONLY because I just found out Ozzy is headling Camden, NJ and to see Black Label Society!!

I agree, the lineup this year is pretty bad, but as I said my cousins band "A Life Once Lost" will be there along with another band that that stays at my house in Florida when their tour brings them through "The Red Chord".

Do you live in the Camden area? I recently moved to Daytona Beach from Voorhees (Cherry Hill). The guys from A Life Once Lost are also from that area.

I don't particularly like their music , but hey, it still my cousin.

Check them out if you like www.alifeoncelost.com
My cousin is the Bass player Nick Frasca.

Return to Top
#513498 - 03/14/06 02:39 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live right outside of Philly.
I have heard both of those bands; not really my style but it's metal, so they get some bonus points!

Return to Top
#513499 - 03/14/06 06:29 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I love Tool. Tool albums have not gotten worse or anything...only more mathmatical. As they have grown so has their talent. This album is supposed to be different. In an interview with Danny Carey he said that this album was going to be alot harder and that they were going back to thier roots. He said that playing with hard bands like Mashugga(sp?) made them really realize how much they had changed.

As for their shows...I will agree that they are not very good. If you like Tool for the music and want to "LISTEN" to them then they put on a great show. But if you're wanting energy then I wouldn't bother.

Return to Top
#513500 - 03/14/06 07:35 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here.

Spivol, I heard the same thing. I also heard Danny refer to the album as blusish. I am totally excited. I am thinking there are extra songs because you would not think that 11 songs would take 2 years of constant work. The radio is supposed to start hearing their single on April 15th. I think I might have heard it, not sure, but it sound much more like AEnima if what I heard was it. It was awesome.

Return to Top
#513501 - 03/15/06 08:26 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Tools unite!

Actually Tool fanatics are known as Tool Army (kind of like Kiss Army). There #'s are supposedly larger than Dead Heads. There are some people who are really psycho about Tool.

Return to Top
#513502 - 03/16/06 04:21 PM Re: Tool (the band)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here again.

I heard it. I was able to hear something from Tool. Supposedly it was Vicarious. It lasted about 2 and a half minutes. I do not know if it was the whole song or just a portion, but I am almost positive it was tool. Same drumming style, same use of the Bass as a rhythem guitar. Sounded a bit like triad but it was heavy, very heavy. It was recorded low quality so I do not know if it was a teaser or just them jamming in their recording session, but it was awesome.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5