BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#515455 - 03/16/06 02:24 PM Podcasts
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
With the popularity of iPods and other MP3 players Pocasts have become a mainstream form of entertainment. For those who do not know, podcasts are internet radio/TV shows. They vary in quality but there are a few gems out there. I'd like to know what your favorite podcast or internet show is, what it deals with and why you like it. Toss a link to the site too if you can.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#515456 - 03/16/06 02:42 PM Re: Podcasts
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
I like Mysterious Universe, Infected with Martin Sargent, Digital Life TV, Diggnation, Ask A Ninja, Living in Syn and many others. Just do a Google search for the websites.

Return to Top
#515457 - 03/16/06 04:47 PM Re: Podcasts
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
There is one out there where the guy records the show while he is doing a number two... I havn't heard it, but it is supposed to be very funny.

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#515458 - 03/16/06 04:58 PM Re: Podcasts
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Infected w/ Martin Seargent is definetly one of my favorites. The only other Podcast I listen to is The Glenn Beck show

Return to Top
#515459 - 03/16/06 10:46 PM Re: Podcasts
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
Here's a sample of my some on my iPod:

93X HAMS Stupid News - morning FM DJ show on stupid news - about 10 minutes - really funny group and short

Delta Park Project - couple in Portland, OR talking about what they want to - 30-50 minutes - it's fun to check in every now and again. Clean language and various topics.

Ebert & Roeper - the audio from their tv show doing movie reviews - just over 18 minutes - it's nice to not have the commercials, but there's no video. I don't go to the movies hardly at all, so it's nice to hear about what's coming to be more selective on what I do go to see.

KCRW's Left, Right & Center - the radio program from NPR - varies from 18-50+ minutes - I hear some interesting positions (sometimes some doozies) on current political events. I don't treat it as fact, just opinion, but there are some interesting points that come up. Just if it came with a BS meter (should be a requirement for all political shows).

Michael Feldman's What'd Ya Know - NPR program - 4-7 minutes - short and witty

NPR: Wait, wait, don't tell me - NPR program - varies - longer, but a fun listen

Slacker Astronomy - two people talking about interesting astronomy information - varies - recently bought a telescope and wanted more info (was one of my first subscriptions).

StarDate - NPR short on astronomy - 2:07 - short and informationtional

The Official LOST Podcast - the podcast from the network - varies - Started watching the show and enjoy the complex layering. This podcast is like a second DVD with commentary and interviews.

ThePodcaseNetwork - Cranky Middle Manager Show - varies - fun sometimes; Dilbertish at times

Diggnation - just started listening yesterday (we'll see)

Various education items (IT lectures from Harvard, Italian grammar, a podcast from my church with lessons/talks/discussions)

One that was discontinued is ABC's LOST: The (enhanced) Transmission - a couple living in Hawaii did an AWSOME job with a rehash, comments, call-ins, predictions, and spoilers. But, they decided it was taking too much time and signed off.

Between podcasts and books on cd, my iPod runs a few hours a day, plus it plays music in the background at work. I have to recharge daily.

Oh, yeah. I get everything through iTunes and the Apple store (all free, though). Haven't looked at individual web sites.

Return to Top
#515460 - 03/22/06 03:19 PM Re: Podcasts
Anonymous
Unregistered

OMG, I listened to Infected by Martin Sargent! Awesome!!! Totally wacky stuff. The Gator RULES!!

Return to Top
#515461 - 03/22/06 05:19 PM Re: Podcasts
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A

Return to Top