Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#5183 - 10/02/01 07:02 PM IRA changes effective Jan 1
Maria Offline
Platinum Poster
Sylacauga, Al, United States
OK, I know it is a while away, but IRAs are so technical and our employee's knowledge on them are limited so I am trying to research ahead of time. I learned yesterday that IRAs will be having many changes to them effective Jan. 1 including but not limited to brochures, forms, distributions, amendments to current customers, etc. I need to know where to find the specifics on what is changing and what we need to identify for changes. Does anyone know where to look or know exactly what is changing? thanks for your help

Return to Top
General Discussion
#5184 - 10/02/01 08:03 PM Re: IRA changes effective Jan 1
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Universal Pensions is offering a number of telephone seminars on the new IRA changes. They are helpful and the seminar material which was emailed prior to the seminar itself is a good resource. The listing of the seminars is available at http://www.universalpensions.com/seminars/tscoursedescriptions.asp

Return to Top
#5185 - 10/02/01 08:15 PM Re: IRA changes effective Jan 1
cboynefirstgabank Offline
100 Club
cboynefirstgabank
brunswick ga usa
Bankers Systems also offers seminars and brochures on the changes, contribution limits are changing and mandatory distribution tables are changing, just to name a few! The new distribution tables can actually be usued this year, so be prepared! Bankers Systems also has a good web site.

Return to Top
#5186 - 10/02/01 09:05 PM Re: IRA changes effective Jan 1
Atilla Offline
New Poster
Atilla
MO
Did you notice that the changes in the Education IRAs might actually make this a product worth marketing? I forwarded the information to our Marketing Department so they could start working on some statement stuffers or customer services POS brochures.

Return to Top
#5187 - 10/02/01 09:16 PM Re: IRA changes effective Jan 1
Maria Offline
Platinum Poster
Sylacauga, Al, United States
I know very little on the updates right now. So I am truly appreciating you all giving me resources to review. Thanks for your help. This networking of information is great! thanks again

Return to Top