Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#521235 - 03/23/06 07:59 PM PLANet Software
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
I was wondering if anyone is using the PLANet software to manage the Disaster Recovery/BCP process?? And if you are, any comments?

Thanks!

Return to Top
Disaster Recovery
#521236 - 03/23/06 08:16 PM Re: PLANet Software
Rie A Offline
Platinum Poster
Rie A
Maryland
We are, I just took it over last week however. It has some good features, and some limitations.

So far I have come across the issue that you can not list just Critical Vendors. You can list Vendors in about 6 different way, but not by Critical Vendors, yet that is one of the boxes you check.

Return to Top
#521237 - 03/23/06 08:30 PM Re: PLANet Software
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Thanks for that info. Can you tell me what your asset size is? Or, if you prefer not to say here, could you send me a PM? I'm just curious at what point this kind of software would be beneifical to a growing community bank.

Return to Top
#521238 - 03/23/06 08:38 PM Re: PLANet Software
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
We've used it for several years. I think we were about $500 M when we started with it - we're a lot bigger than that now. The examiners loved it - more than enough documentation to satisfy them.

It did take some work to get it going, but after the initial planning and implementation, it's pretty easy to maintain.

Return to Top
#521239 - 03/31/06 11:28 AM Re: PLANet Software
Jeff Olejnik Offline
New Poster
Jeff Olejnik
As a BC planning company, we have used PLANet and other tools for development. PLANet, along with any other tool, has its benefits and limitations. The banks we have used it for are all between $400M-$1B in assets. If interested in discussing, please feel free to send a PM.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Dana Turner