Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#521321 - 03/23/06 09:09 PM Signature Cards
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Our bank uses signature cards when opening accounts. Which, like most banks, retain the original and a copy goes to the customer.

We have one location...actually one girl, who has decided that she does not want to use cards...She wants them on computer. Her reasoning is that when a typewriter breaks down it takes 3 weeks to fix.....because they type the cards out, I suppose she feels that it is okay to use the computer in such an instance.

I think that she didn't go through proper channels for approval, she simply asked for it to be done by someone within the main location with a scanner. That person has questioned compliance. Compliance said...NO....it is a bank policy to use the cards.

Other than a bank policy, is there any compliance issue here.

Thanks.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#521322 - 03/23/06 11:47 PM Re: Signature Cards
Nick Phillips Offline
illinois
I would think not. Our signature cards come out of our platform system, therefore it is on a 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper. As long as all the state required documentation and disclosures are on the form, I would tend to say it is OK to use the ones generated from the computer. You might want to talk to Bankers Systems, they supply our deposit forms. They might have a solution that you can have in Word or whatever word processing software you use. It would have to look more professional and be faster than typing signature cards. If you want to portray that you are a sophisticated bank with sophisticated products you might be sending the wrong signal by still using a typewriter.
This is just my humble little opinion.

Return to Top
#521323 - 03/24/06 02:14 PM Re: Signature Cards
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Humble or not...thanks for your opinion....

Return to Top
#521324 - 03/24/06 09:57 PM Re: Signature Cards
FraudBuster Offline
100 Club
Indiana
And if you end up implementing a new, computer-based procedure bank-wide, you'll get to figure out how to balance telling the person she should have gone through proper channels in the chain of command, with giving credit where credit is due for having the idea in the first place.

(I'd suggest as a first step referring to her as "woman" or "lady" or "service rep" or "manager" or whatever, rather than "girl". Just a thought.)

Return to Top
#521325 - 03/27/06 02:19 PM Re: Signature Cards
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Quote:

And if you end up implementing a new, computer-based procedure bank-wide, you'll get to figure out how to balance telling the person she should have gone through proper channels in the chain of command, with giving credit where credit is due for having the idea in the first place.

(I'd suggest as a first step referring to her as "woman" or "lady" or "service rep" or "manager" or whatever, rather than "girl". Just a thought.)

Sorry...did realize that referring to her as "girl" was improper or insulting in anyway....

Thanks for your comments

Return to Top
#521326 - 03/28/06 03:27 PM Re: Signature Cards
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
You might want to contact Harland Financial Solutions also. I have used their Deposit Pro product in the past and really like the documents it produces.

I would stay away from "home grown" Word documents as you can get out of compliance fairly quickly. Changes can be made without any quality controls and consistency is key in compliance.

For what it is worth ...

Return to Top