Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#52296 - 01/06/03 06:49 PM SSCRA
DRaderstorf Offline
New Poster
Under the SSCRA, if the rate is lowered due to a customer being called to active duty, what should be done to document this in the loan file? Should a Modification be signed? If so, what if they have already left for duty?

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#52297 - 01/06/03 06:51 PM Re: SSCRA
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Document your file with a copy of their orders, request, your memo that the rate is reduced for SSCRA, etc. No modification is necessary.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#52298 - 01/06/03 11:32 PM Re: SSCRA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our company issues a letter to the customer that acknowledges receipt of their SSCRA request and confirms the changes we've made to their account. We also then send a follow-up letter every 6 months asking the customer to confirm their current status (still active duty or released).

Copies of this correspondence is retained electronically on our loan servicing system.

jon m

Return to Top
#52299 - 01/07/03 03:52 AM Re: SSCRA
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
That is a good system, especially the 6-month follow up. There will be occasional problems when they get out and are less prompt at letting you know that, than when they went in.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#52300 - 01/10/03 01:57 AM Re: SSCRA
NMB Offline
Gold Star
Southeast Michigan
We also have them sign a statement saying that they are required to notify us as soon as they are no longer on active duty. (Of course we also have a tickler to follow up periodically.)

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z