Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#52337 - 01/06/03 07:48 PM SSCRA - Notification
cbinder63 Offline

Platinum Poster
cbinder63
Colorado
What type of notification are others doing to their customer base on SSCRA? Are you running an ad in the newspaper(s), statement stuffer, statement message, ect ...
We would really like to have a reminder to our customer base of their rights under SSCRA.

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#52338 - 01/06/03 07:51 PM Re: SSCRA - Notification
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
We have generally left it up to the individuals. Although we happily honored all requests, management was not always in a hurry to promote reductions in interest income.

Return to Top
#52339 - 01/06/03 08:08 PM Re: SSCRA - Notification
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Although I have never been in the military, and have no firsthand experience, I have heard that the various branches of the military are pretty good about informing servicepersons (a little PC there) of their rights under such laws.

Return to Top
#52340 - 01/06/03 08:11 PM SSCRA - Notification
elcinoca Offline
Platinum Poster
Elizabeth City, NC
We also have not notified our customer base. When our reservists and others are called to active duty, their respective employers notify them of their rights under SSCRA. They then happily come see us!

MarkB

Return to Top
#52341 - 01/06/03 08:57 PM Re: SSCRA - Notification
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The answer, as noted above, is save your advertising dollars. They will be informed of this "benefit" and you are under no obligation to solicit it. If they hear about it or decide to act on it 6 months down the road though, you will be backdating some rate reductions.

If your idea is to reduce these, I'd contact the local reserve/guard units your customers serve in and head it off there by providing a contact point with them. Most of your customers going active should do so through these units and you can cost effectively handle it this way.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z