Skip to content
GeoDataVision
Thread Options
#524651 - 03/30/06 05:09 PM Fair Lending Exam
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
We have been "randomly" selected by the OCC for a Fair Lending exam in June. Has anyone else had one recently? If so, what have the results been and any other info...

I have already looked at the exam manual, but I am trying to get a better feeling of what exactly is done during the exam.

Return to Top
Audit
#524652 - 03/30/06 08:19 PM Re: Fair Lending Exam
DeeQ Offline
10K Club
DeeQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Take a look at the Interagency Fair Lending Book. It is available from FFIEC. Also, it helps if you have done some documented self-testing.

Return to Top
#524653 - 03/31/06 02:49 PM Re: Fair Lending Exam
SavannahOne Offline
Diamond Poster
Georgia
Also, if you are a HMDA-reporting bank, make sure you are aware of what that data says.

Return to Top
#524654 - 03/31/06 11:07 PM Re: Fair Lending Exam
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
Do any of you have any "self-testing" worksheets or guides that you are willing to share?

Return to Top
#524655 - 04/03/06 05:11 PM Re: Fair Lending Exam
DeeQ Offline
10K Club
DeeQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Sure... PM me your email address.

Return to Top
#524656 - 04/03/06 08:02 PM Re: Fair Lending Exam
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You might want to talk to legal counsel prior to engaging in self-testing. The danger with self-testing is what happens when you find something. You want all those details worked out with legal and senior management prior to the testing beginning.

Return to Top
#524657 - 04/14/06 08:39 PM Re: Fair Lending Exam
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
We won the lottery too! We just had our randomly selected OCC Fair Lending examination a couple of weeks ago. We did an independent fair lending review last year even before we heard from the OCC about our luck!!! That had given us a good idea of a few housekeeping things, like documentation!!! Because of that independent review we had a "Lenders Workshop" with fair lending as the "headliner". Even prior to the notification from the OCC...we were focused on fair lending. We had one examiner for 2 weeks. He decided on his scope after reviewing our HMDA LAR, policies, and interviews. Once they identify your risk factors... that will determine what they look at and how much they look at. They started with our policies. Email me if you'd like and I will go into more detail.
Last edited by Lady Joey's Mom; 04/14/06 08:46 PM.
Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z