Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#530938 - 04/12/06 06:19 PM 3rd party loan servicer
happyauditor Offline
Platinum Poster
happyauditor
NY
Does anyone have a 3rd party mortgage loan servicer audit program they would be willing to share? I am going to start by reviewing requirements of Thrift Bulletin 82a (we are OTS regulated) but was hoping to get a head start by looking at an already developed 3rd party servicer audit.

THANKS!

Return to Top
Audit
#530939 - 04/17/06 12:24 PM Re: 3rd party loan servicer
happyauditor Offline
Platinum Poster
happyauditor
NY
Since no reply, my next question is...if you have a third party service your mortgage loans, are you, or are you not, performing an internal audit? We are still not 100% sure we need to perform one, or if we do, how detailed it should be. Any advice? Thanks!

Return to Top
#530940 - 04/17/06 01:02 PM Re: 3rd party loan servicer
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
In our bank, vendor management is looked at as part of every departmental audit - so if we have a vendor performing mortgage services, how the department manages the vendor will be looked at as part of the mortgage audit. We also may have a vendor management audit, looking at the bankwide vendor management policy and how it is implemented and followed. We would not have a separate internal audit just of a vendor. This mortgage vendor is probably not the only vendor your bank relies on for certain key services - how does your bank handle other vendors? You should have a bankwide vendor management policy which outlines a due diligence process, and a monitoring process. The policy should give guidelines on what circumstances might be cause for the bank to perform it's own audit of a vendor (and the capacity to do so would have to be written into the vendor contract). Then you can audit to the policy.

Return to Top
#530941 - 04/17/06 02:09 PM Re: 3rd party loan servicer
happyauditor Offline
Platinum Poster
happyauditor
NY
Thank you for the info.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z