Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Good one.

Return to Top
#533739 - 04/20/06 03:58 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
There's a difference between knowingly misleading the public and basing your decisions on incomplete intelligence.

Return to Top
#533740 - 04/20/06 03:58 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
His whole life is based on incomplete intelligence

Return to Top
#533741 - 04/20/06 03:59 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

zing!

Return to Top
#533742 - 04/20/06 04:05 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

i won't completely deny that but either way, it's not looking in the camera and knowingly lying.

Return to Top
#533743 - 04/20/06 04:13 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

This was a new one for me.

NO ONE DIED WHEN CLINTON LIED

So, what EXACTLY are you implying that President Bush lied about???

Return to Top
#533744 - 04/20/06 04:32 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Bim, I think the implication is that that was the "worst" that Clinton did while in office, obviously, he made a bad decision, but no one died because of it.

Return to Top
#533745 - 04/20/06 04:42 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Bim, I think the implication is that that was the "worst" that Clinton did while in office, obviously, he made a bad decision, but no one died because of it.

What I am trying to understand is, what are you trying to imply that Bush did that got people killed???

Return to Top
#533746 - 04/20/06 04:43 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Ummm, let's start with um... Afghanistan, Iraq, eventually Iran... c'mon...

Return to Top
#533747 - 04/20/06 04:44 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Quote:

LOL! Thanks, I needed that guffaw this morning!

Return to Top
#533748 - 04/20/06 04:45 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Quote:

Quote:

This was a new one for me.

NO ONE DIED WHEN CLINTON LIED

So, what EXACTLY are you implying that President Bush lied about???

Here's three lies about Iraq. We invaded because (1) WMD (that's a lie; there were no WMD), (2) Iraq buying uranium ore from Niger (that's another lie; Iraq never bought uranium ore from Niger nor from anywhere else), (3) Iraq had a connection with al Qaida (lie number three; never happened).

Return to Top
#533749 - 04/20/06 04:46 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

What is the problem with Afghanistan? Iraq, you think Bush made that decision on his own. Are you going to tell me that Bush lied about WMD's over there now???

Return to Top
#533750 - 04/20/06 04:49 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Allow me to enlighten you a bit!

What Did the Democrats Say About Iraq's WMD?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 | Source

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998 | Source

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 | Source

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998 | Source

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton.
- (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998 | Source

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999 | Source

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 | Source

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002 | Source

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

Return to Top
#533751 - 04/20/06 04:52 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Well stated Bimmer!

Return to Top
#533752 - 04/20/06 04:53 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bimmer, being disingenous doesn't become you. You can disagree (which is a little silly in a light-hearted "bumper-sticker" thread) but to pretend to not understand the thoughts and frustrations of others in connection with the war as if you've never before heard of these complaints is not really your style, is it?

jmho, it's a dumb bumper sticker. How is it any better or worse then any of the hundreds of others?

Suzy

Return to Top
#533753 - 04/20/06 04:54 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Anonymous
Unregistered

UGH. What started out as a light hearted thread has turned into yet another political debate.

Return to Top
#533754 - 04/20/06 04:55 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
Quote:

UGH. What started out as a light hearted thread has turned into yet another political debate.

By the way, this was my comment. I wasn't signed in when I typed it.

Return to Top
#533755 - 04/20/06 04:57 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Anonymous
Unregistered

No kidding. And the same tired rhetoric too.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that stated "My kid beat up your honor roll kid." Ouch!

Suzy

Return to Top
#533756 - 04/20/06 04:57 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

It was his worst decision he made b/c it was the only decision he had to make other than which intern should I hit on next. He didn't face 9/11, he didn't face an economic recession (which started before Bush took office), he didn't face Osama Bin Laden. Bush actually had to make tough decisions and granted some have not turned as expected, but don't call him a liar.

Return to Top
#533757 - 04/20/06 05:01 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
I am not a fan of Bush at all. BUT, that being said, I don't really think he intentionally lied about anything. I do think he may have relied too heavily on intelligence information that was not complete. At the time, he had a decision to make and did so. Right or wrong, we are in the mess now and have to support our armed forces for doing what they do - follow orders and fight on our behalf. It is like any other tough decision, you can't know the outcome in advance and have to deal with it as things happen.

Return to Top
#533758 - 04/20/06 05:02 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's true, Texas Boy, and we cannot know how Clinton would have reacted faced with the same situations. All we can do is judge how Bush has faced these situations. And many people find that this judgement lacking and many people think the judgement will be sound. Only time will tell.

FWIW, I'd rather my president did not sleep with interns or start wars based on incomplete evidence. On the whole though, if he/she has to do one or the other, I'd rather they go for the intern.

Suzy

Return to Top
#533759 - 04/20/06 05:11 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

It seems to me that none of you remember the Black Hawk Down incident in Mogadishu. We lost toops over there. Raiding Mogadishu was a decision that Clinton made that was based on faulty intelligence.

Return to Top
#533760 - 04/20/06 05:17 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

On the whole though, if he/she has to do one or the other, I'd rather they go for the intern.

So you want the intern to "take one for the team"?

Return to Top
#533761 - 04/20/06 05:20 PM Re: Bumper Sticker
Anonymous
Unregistered

See Bimmer the liberals like to point out problems after the fact. But when they look in the mirror and see the same thing, they just blame the Republicans.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4