Learn More - Click Here!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#534228 - 04/22/06 02:04 AM Re: BOL Strongmen
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I'll step in now and put in my 2 cents. Sweetpea, although I rarely agree with you, I don't believe I've ever attacked you, nor will I start now. People can disagree without being disagreeable. You can PM me anytime.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#534229 - 04/22/06 02:43 AM Re: BOL Strongmen
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I'll step in now and put in my 2 cents. Sweetpea, although I rarely agree with you, I don't believe I've ever attacked you, nor will I start now. People can disagree without being disagreeable. You can PM me anytime.

Thank you, I feel the same.

Return to Top
#534230 - 04/22/06 04:21 PM Re: BOL Strongmen
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I have been observing this:

I disagree that it is merely a matter of just disagreeing with SP. A lot of users disagree with a lot of people here without getting upset. A lot of those same people can't disagree with SP without both of them becoming disagreeable.

SP apparently has a way of upsetting people with the way she talks to them. I looks like she only treats those she agrees with with respect. After reading this thread, I learned that she apparently keeps a secret list in her head of those she refuses to respect or treat with respect. She often thinks that a user with a view opposed to hers is somehow attacking her person when they are merely expressing an opinion. She often belittles beliefs and opinions that people hold dear. Maybe all of this is unitentional on her part, but it doesn't change the fact that people are offended. Maybe where she is from, the way she handles herself is not considered rude, but apparently for much of the BOL community it is.

She does not seem interested in changing at all even in the face of evidence that she cannot get along with more people than anyone else on this board. Even users who agree with her on the issues nearly 99% of the time get along with the users she can't get along with.

I do agree that we should disagree without being disagreeable. I will not attack her because I do not talk to her. I suggest that if you can't converse with her while letting her comments slide like water off a duck's back, then just ignore any attempt she makes to talk to you. I have not seen a single post where she's taken any personal responsibility for her inability to get along with people. I have not seen a single post where she's tried to understand why she is so divisive. I have not seen a single post where she's tried to reconcile rather than ratchet up the disagreement. The bottom line is: You will not change this leopard's spots. The best thing to do is to not wrestle in the mud with her unless you just like to get dirty.

If you argue with her, you are also at fault. It takes two to Tango. If you do not have the self control to ignore her or talk nice despite how she talks, then stay away.

I just stay away.

Return to Top
#534231 - 04/22/06 07:08 PM Re: BOL Strongmen
ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤ø Offline
This thread makes me feel over-medicated, so I changed my poster name.

Return to Top
#534232 - 04/22/06 07:22 PM Re: BOL Strongmen
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
how tdo you make those symbols?

Return to Top
#534233 - 04/23/06 01:43 AM Re: BOL Strongmen
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
In the time I've been on BOL there has been a succession of victims. A number of these victims are now accepted posters. Each time, while the attacks have been basically the same, they've ramped up in intensity and nastiness. Enough is enough already.

If you can't control your reactions, put the poster on IGNORE so you won't see anything to react to.

Type out your post and REREAD IT before you post it. If it's someting you doubt even a little bit...don't post it. Just delete it.

This is a business website. Watch your language. If you wouldn't want your boss to hear you talking like that, the business people here don't want to read it either.

Try practicing the Golden Rule. Remember it? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It really doesn't matter who started what, when or why. Just step back and let the punch fly past your head.

Thank you, sincerely, for your help in taking back BOL.

Return to Top
#534234 - 04/23/06 02:25 PM Re: BOL Strongmen
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
I left for a few days and come back and see 8 pages of this crap....what a waste. Who cares????

OK....time to move on people....

Return to Top
#534235 - 04/23/06 05:01 PM Re: BOL Strongmen
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

-5- talks openly about his faith, but take shots about her education?

No, I pointed out the irony of someone posting an accusation that those who disagree with her are terrorists, after having argued in the past that her degree in communications made her better qualified to discuss whatever it was that was at issue:

Quote:

No. I teach communication for a large university in the evenings and you have used what we call an "invalid analogy."

Quote:

Oh, that's right your advanced graduate school training left you with belittling and name calling as your "go to" move. Funny they didn't cover that when I was getting my MA in communication.

Quote:

Next time you are so certain of something you write it in all caps you might want to know how to spell it. Now, I teach communications at a large University in the evening and I have a chapter that covers fallacies...

Return to Top
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8