Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#535666 - 04/25/06 04:24 PM Re: What are you??
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Has anyone noticed that almost all the threads are starting to lead this way? Someone always seems to take offense one way or another.

Roxy...

that is everyday life... the good thing about this... which not all do... it gives ya a chance to look at another's views and be open-minded to them...discuss them...think about them... compare them to your own...etc.

Nothing wrong with discussing...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#535667 - 04/25/06 04:33 PM Re: What are you??
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Your guess is as good as mine
I agree Search. I do not see anything wrong with discussing the issues at hand. Some of the discussions start off fine but end in name calling and pulling hair. I just believe that if someone is coming into these posts looking for an offense, they will find it.

Return to Top
#535668 - 04/25/06 04:34 PM Re: What are you??
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
{tedious gun detail}
Why is the Southern Republican carrying a baby Glock? (And even if it's his Sunday-go-to-meetin' piece, why didn't he have a round in the chamber in addition to the magazine?) Actual grown-up Glock .40s have either 13 or 15 round magazines.....
{end of tedious gun detail}

Of course, if you're that silly DEA agent who shot himself at a grade-school "stay off drugs" presentation while proclaiming "I'm the only one in this room professional enough to carry a Glock .40", maybe the smaller magazine is a blessing....

Return to Top
#535669 - 04/25/06 04:35 PM Re: What are you??
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

I agree Search. I do not see anything wrong with discussing the issues at hand. Some of the discussions start off fine but end in name calling and pulling hair. I just believe that if someone is coming into these posts looking for an offense, they will find it.

So true.. ya just have to let those fall off... as they will do if their not fed.

Return to Top
#535670 - 04/25/06 04:35 PM Re: What are you??
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
Roxy I totally agree with you. Sometimes I feel like I can't say anything remotely funny on this site for fear that it will be taken the wrong way. Now I agree the original poster worded the joke rather oddly, but they were probably just cutting/pasting from someone else... I seriously doubt it means anything. Jokes are jokes, they aren't to be taken seriously.

Return to Top
#535671 - 04/25/06 04:40 PM Re: What are you??
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Roxy I totally agree with you. Sometimes I feel like I can't say anything remotely funny on this site for fear that it will be taken the wrong way. Now I agree the original poster worded the joke rather oddly, but they were probably just cutting/pasting from someone else... I seriously doubt it means anything. Jokes are jokes, they aren't to be taken seriously.

Don't feel timid.. just post your thoughts...ideas..etc...everyone else does.
Does it get ugly at times... heck yes... but ya just gotta know when to stand your ground...and when to let it roll off...
The problem with written words... is that you're not getting the tone of voice...the facial expression of the poster...and we just read the words the way we think the others would respond to us..etc...whether in a sincere manner... or an ugly one. Half the time... they were sincere... just mis-read.
Welcome to BOL my dear...

Return to Top
#535672 - 04/25/06 06:12 PM Re: What are you??
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Roxy, I think you're crazy. How come you feel you have to constantly come into these threads and stir things up? I'm tired of reading about it! You constantly call me names and I'm not putting up with it anymore! Period!

Return to Top
#535673 - 04/25/06 06:30 PM Re: What are you??
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
ha, your funny TB.

Return to Top
#535674 - 04/25/06 07:00 PM Re: What are you??
-A- Offline
Gold Star
-A-
the good ole south
I'm a Republican, and my Southern Republican response is my favorite.. The Democrat response just sounds like a Rosie O'Donnel response, or a MichelleDawn response.

Return to Top
#535675 - 04/25/06 07:23 PM Re: What are you??
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
Quote:

Quote:

Roxy, I think you're crazy. How come you feel you have to constantly come into these threads and stir things up? I'm tired of reading about it! You constantly call me names and I'm not putting up with it anymore! Period!

Good gravy TB. Where in this thread did Roxy call you names? Any time you feel hurt by someone calling you names just do what I do.. tell them... "I'm rubber and your glue, what bounces off me sticks on you!"

Return to Top
#535676 - 04/25/06 07:31 PM Re: What are you??
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
i think he was kidding. TB usually has a good sense of humor.

Return to Top
#535677 - 04/25/06 07:33 PM Re: What are you??
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Quote:

Quote:

LOL

Sorry TB, I will try to hold back on the name calling, but can I still pull hair?

Return to Top
#535678 - 04/25/06 07:35 PM Re: What are you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

A&M fans have to

Return to Top
#535679 - 04/25/06 07:46 PM Re: What are you??
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I'm a Republican, and my Southern Republican response is my favorite.. The Democrat response just sounds like a Rosie O'Donnel response, or a MichelleDawn response.

I guess taking a shot at someone who purposely stayed out of the conversation is the honorable thing to do.

Return to Top
#535680 - 04/25/06 07:50 PM Re: What are you??
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Quote:

A&M fans have to

I just had lunch so I don't think I want to take a bite of that one.

Further, I don't guess you have been paying much attention to our Baseball team. We are ranked 10th out of 10 in the latest Big 12 rankings. What's up now?

Roxy, you know I was kidding so no need to explain myself. You Okies have a special reserved place in my heart. Okay, that was gay!

Return to Top
#535681 - 04/25/06 07:52 PM Re: What are you??
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Quote:

Quote:

I guess taking a shot at someone who purposely stayed out of the conversation is the honorable thing to do.

So is Michelle Dawn Sweetpeas???

Return to Top
#535682 - 04/25/06 07:54 PM Re: What are you??
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
YES.

Return to Top
#535683 - 04/25/06 07:56 PM Re: What are you??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

YES.

einhorn is finkel. finkel is einhorn.

Return to Top
#535684 - 04/25/06 08:00 PM Re: What are you??
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Is Clark Kent, Superman? And if so, how come Lois could never tell they were one in the same?

Return to Top
#535685 - 04/25/06 08:06 PM Re: What are you??
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
It was the glasses, remember??

Return to Top
#535686 - 04/25/06 08:09 PM Re: What are you??
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
That's it! I knew I was missing something.

Return to Top
#535687 - 04/25/06 08:10 PM Re: What are you??
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Duh!

Alright Roxy, I'll stop!

Return to Top
#535688 - 04/25/06 08:13 PM Re: What are you??
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Duh!

Alright Roxy, I'll stop!

Sorry, blond moment in my burnette world.

Return to Top
#535689 - 04/26/06 12:12 AM Re: What are you??
-A- Offline
Gold Star
-A-
the good ole south
Quote:

Quote:

Or like a Richard Gere response?

Return to Top
#535690 - 04/26/06 03:14 PM Re: What are you??
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Duh!

Alright Roxy, I'll stop!

Sorry, blond moment in my burnette world.

do you mean brunette?

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3