BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#535761 - 04/25/06 04:44 PM Admin Day
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Tomorrow (unless I'm totally off) is Admin Day.

Last year, I only kinda had an admin. One was assigned to me, but I never really needed her because of what my job entailed. (I think she was assigned to me, cause all the loan officers are assigned to someone.

Anywho - Since I changed jobs back in September, I technically have two admins (get help from which one is the least busy). I think they are both great - and they've both helped me out on a couple of loans to get things done on time. I know the bank as a whole does something big for all of them (We all pitch in and they get a paid day off at the spa or golf or whatever), but I'm wondering if I should do something for them myself. I've never had an admin before, so I really don't know what to do....

Just to clairfy - there are 5 admins all in the same area, not just the two that help me. Should I do something for all 5, just the two, or be like all the older guys and join in on the big present. Or I could just bring in coffee and bagels or something.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#535762 - 04/25/06 04:46 PM Re: Admin Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

i think it is also earth day. something the GOP knows nothing about. (KIDDING!!!! )

Return to Top
#535763 - 04/25/06 04:50 PM Re: Admin Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

i think it is also earth day. something the GOP knows nothing about. (KIDDING!!!! )

sweet quote ron

Return to Top
#535764 - 04/25/06 04:54 PM Re: Admin Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

sweet quote ron

thanks. i'm wearing a burlap bag tomorrow and not showering either so i can fit in with all the daddy's-range-rover-driving hippies i see around.

Return to Top
#535765 - 04/25/06 04:55 PM Re: Admin Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's a very nice thought, Skunk Boy. I'd bring in coffee and bagels or doughnuts. Food is always appreciated! And it would limit confusion on buying what for whom.

Suzy

Return to Top
#535766 - 04/25/06 04:57 PM Re: Admin Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

sweet quote ron

thanks. i'm wearing a burlap bag tomorrow and not showering either so i can fit in with all the daddy's-range-rover-driving hippies i see around.

Just bring the Slayer CD (Southpark) and grow a psuedo beard.

Return to Top
#535767 - 04/25/06 05:00 PM Re: Admin Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

sweet quote ron

Just bring the Slayer CD (Southpark) and grow a psuedo beard.

i can't wait to go to bonnaroo this summer to hang out with these people i detest.

Return to Top
#535768 - 04/25/06 05:04 PM Re: Admin Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it chipping in with the rest of the group for all 5 would be the most appropriate. You never know when one of them may be of some help.

Return to Top
#535769 - 04/25/06 05:14 PM Re: Admin Day
blue Offline
Platinum Poster
I do something that all five could enjoy, e.g. chip in with the others or a communal gift like bagels and coffee. I might also bring cards for the two who helped you out personally so they would know you noticed and were appreciative of their efforts on your behalf.

Return to Top
#535770 - 04/25/06 05:18 PM Re: Admin Day
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
A guy I used to work with got each of the admins a single yellow rose in a vase.

Return to Top
#535771 - 04/25/06 05:48 PM Re: Admin Day
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
The law firm I worked at did something similar. The attorneys took us all out for lunch and then we got a $100 to go shopping the rest of the day (unless you were a paralegal with a trial starting the next day ). The attorney I worked the most with bought me flowers and a gift certificate to a restaurant.

So I guess I would say, it is nice to show a little extra appreciation (whatever you feel is appropriate)for the ones who work directly for you in addition to the group gift.

Just my .02!

Return to Top
#535772 - 04/25/06 06:16 PM Re: Admin Day
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
My guys bought me a Mum last year...very unexpected. I would have been happy with a card (not that I expected anything at all).

Just that you are thinking of them is awesome.

Return to Top
#535773 - 04/25/06 06:23 PM Re: Admin Day
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
This year our bank is honoring us with a breakfast... we all got invitations...

Return to Top
#535774 - 04/25/06 06:26 PM Re: Admin Day
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
In order to maximize your deposits in your admin team's emotional bank account (7 Habits), get all five a token appreciation gift and the two who help you the most a little something extra.

The smallest gift in a pretty gift bag with a heartfelt card, will yield mountains of good will.

Return to Top
#535775 - 04/25/06 06:26 PM Re: Admin Day
WarEagle Offline
WarEagle
Birmingham, AL
Another day invented by Halmark. I hate it. I bought a freekin card and I will bring flowers tomorrow, but sheesh.

"Thanks for doing what you are supposed to do, here's a gift".

And what's with you freekin libs trying to hijack EVERY freeking post. Bush won, get over it...you'll live longer

Return to Top
#535776 - 04/25/06 06:30 PM Re: Admin Day
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Another day invented by Halmark. I hate it. I bought a freekin card and I will bring flowers tomorrow, but sheesh.

"Thanks for doing what you are supposed to do, here's a gift".

And what's with you freekin libs trying to hijack EVERY freeking post. Bush won, get over it...you'll live longer

That wasn't necessary.

Return to Top
#535777 - 04/25/06 06:31 PM Re: Admin Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

hijacked? it will be now if you want to talk about why we should deal with GWB's mismanagement.

but that is up to you, wareagle.

Return to Top
#535778 - 04/25/06 06:31 PM Re: Admin Day
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geez, WarEagle. Don't do anything for the admins if its going to upset you so much. A gift given grudingly is not much of a gift.

Suzy

Return to Top
#535779 - 04/25/06 06:37 PM Re: Admin Day
WarEagle Offline
WarEagle
Birmingham, AL
My comment about my assistant was tounge and cheek. I love her to death. I didn't make that clear I guess.

Return to Top
#535780 - 04/25/06 06:52 PM Re: Admin Day
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Quote:

Earth Day - Isn't that where we spend the day trying to figure out how to acquire the world's mineral rights??

Return to Top
#535781 - 04/25/06 06:55 PM Re: Admin Day
UpNorth88 Offline
I think that you should get the 2 admins. something extra and all 5 of them a little gift too. That is really nice that you even thought of it. All admins. need to be appreciated (worked in that position for 15 years).

Return to Top
#535782 - 04/25/06 07:02 PM Re: Admin Day
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Everyday I come in with coffee, they always joke that I didn't recognize national bring all the other employees breakfast day. So I think that coffee and bagels should be good. I'll get a card for the two that really help me.

Big thanks to everyone with suggestions.

A bigger ______ to those that insist on turning an innocent post into politics.

Return to Top
#535783 - 04/25/06 07:06 PM Re: Admin Day
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
The bank where I am usually gets something for all admins, but I think you should get something extra for the two who work for you. Maybe a small token gift of some kind. Just being recognized sure helps morale.

Return to Top
#535784 - 04/25/06 07:30 PM Re: Admin Day
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
My bank in general ignores the whole day. I'm the only one who gets anything for their assissant. I got her flowers with a nice card.

Return to Top
#535785 - 04/25/06 07:33 PM Re: Admin Day
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
Personally I work very hard for my boss, above and beyond my job description and it is appreciated when he lets me know he recognizes my extra effort. That doesn't mean I need flowers, but it's always nice to hear a "I appreciate you" every once in a while. and it doesn't have to be a special day to hear it either.

Return to Top