BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#538129 - 11/15/06 11:11 PM Re: House
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Did anyone watch House last night? Maybe I missed something in a previous episode, but I could not understand why Wilson's bank froze his account because of the police ivestigation.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#538130 - 11/16/06 04:54 AM Re: House
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Wilson's account was supposedly frozen because it was seized for some reason as evidence in the psycho cop's "investigation" of House.

I've never heard of anything like this happening before. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I doubt some judge would approve the seizure for a small potatoes case like this cop is trying to build against House.

Anyway, didn't you love the way Wilson just whips out his phone and calls the bank, it rings once, he gives out his account number and they tell him right away what's going on. All this in 30 seconds. I guess Wilson's bank has a great IVR system and they've not heard about authenticating callers yet. That was fun!

Return to Top
#538131 - 11/16/06 06:16 AM Re: House
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
I didn't catch the bank not authenticating the call. LOL

I thought maybe they were referencing the investigation of Wilson lying to protect House; but even so, I couldn't see why his bank account would be relevant. This is going to sound weird, but it ruins the reality of the fictional world for me when they goof up stuff like that.

Return to Top
#538132 - 11/16/06 03:05 PM Re: House
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
They are just trying to advance the story line that trying to protect House is causing Wilson personal problems. I don't know why Wilson bothers.

Is it just me, or does House seem meaner this season? I used to wait for this show each week, now I watch it only if the Law and Order Criminal Intent doesn't look interesting. His increasing meanness and ability to get away with such inhumane treatment of his patients and colleagues is making me dislike him, big time. I am not seeing enough redeeming behavior to want to like him and watch him anymore. Cuddy should have fired his a** several episodes ago!

Return to Top
#538133 - 11/16/06 07:38 PM Re: House
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

I am not seeing enough redeeming behavior to want to like him and watch him anymore. Cuddy should have fired his a** several episodes ago!

Honestly, I've never liked the character. I do, however, like to laugh at him. He's such a social moron its funny.

I agree, if I were Cuddy I would find another diagnostic genius. I'm sure there are other fish in the sea.

Return to Top
#538134 - 11/16/06 07:49 PM Re: House
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Quote:

He's such a social moron its funny.

I thought his explanation in this last episode about why he became a doctor was a rare sober glimpse of the Real Dr. House.

Return to Top
#538135 - 11/16/06 08:25 PM Re: House
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Quote:

I agree, if I were Cuddy I would find another diagnostic genius. I'm sure there are other fish in the sea.

Is he such a genius? Each week he tortures and nearly kills his patient with all the guessing he does.

Return to Top
#538136 - 11/16/06 11:45 PM Re: House
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

Is he such a genius? Each week he tortures and nearly kills his patient with all the guessing he does.

Yeah, I've noticed that too, but I guess all's well that ends well, you know? (At least in the eyes of the producer and screenplay writers.)

Return to Top
#538137 - 11/17/06 04:31 PM Re: House
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

He's such a social moron its funny.

I thought his explanation in this last episode about why he became a doctor was a rare sober glimpse of the Real Dr. House.

See, that's just it for me. I understand what it's like to be somewhat of a social moron, have important things to say, and good intentions and yet be seen poorly often. So, it's fun to watch House and see some of myself in him.

Return to Top
#640059 - 11/20/06 06:42 PM Re: House Bengals Fan
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
[quote=Bengals Fan]
Quote:
I understand what it's like to be somewhat of a social moron, have important things to say, and good intentions and yet be seen poorly often. So, it's fun to watch House and see some of myself in him.

Me too. I appreciate his bluntness. He refuses to play the political correctness game. House doesn't care about being liked; he cares about being right.

Return to Top
#640583 - 11/21/06 04:39 PM Re: House Becka Marr
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Originally Posted By: Becka Marr
He refuses to play the political correctness game. House doesn't care about being liked; he cares about being right.

House doesn't care about anything except being right and perhaps, playing music. Oh, and since when does being civil to another person equate to political correctness?

Return to Top
#640643 - 11/21/06 05:56 PM Re: House homestar
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: Homestar
Oh, and since when does being civil to another person equate to political correctness?

He may be tactless, but he's not uncivil. Remember, the character is based on Sherlock Holmes.

Return to Top
#640973 - 11/21/06 10:41 PM Re: House Becka Marr
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Originally Posted By: Becka Marr
He may be tactless, but he's not uncivil.

Of course, some equate tact with civility, but OK, I'll go along with your comment.

However, I personally don't think being tactful is an act of political correctness. It doesn't hurt to be polite when you demonstrate your lack of tact. House may not be uncivil, but he's certainly rude. (And he's still a social moron. That's why I enjoy watching him -- as opposed to Monk who gets on my nerves.)

Return to Top
#641007 - 11/22/06 12:11 AM Re: House homestar
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
I would say rather that a lot of what is referred to as 'politically correct' came from our attempts to be polite, civil, tactful, etc. I think political correctness is a farce of euphemism, and doesn't really equate with any of those terms.

Yes, House is socially inept and often rude; and he is a drug addict. He appears more interested in the problem than the patient; but he is brilliant. Just like Holmes.

Return to Top
#641024 - 11/22/06 03:51 AM Re: House Becka Marr
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
I have to say Dr. House didn't strike me as too brilliant in tonight's episode. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

Return to Top
#641357 - 11/22/06 06:01 PM Re: House homestar
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
I have to say, I'm not impressed with the writing this season. The whole police harrassment subplot is getting ridiculous, and distracting from the case stories. I had a hard time focussing on last night's episode. The tension between characters has just escalated absurdly--even the scene with Wilson's paranoid patient just seemed silly.

We've seen them raise the stakes for House before: Vogel threatened his job, Tritter is threatening his friendship with Wilson... But the only cops I know about who behave like Tritter usually get written up in the newspaper because they're under investigation for conduct unbecoming an officer.

I don't think they can pursue this storyline much further. It's reached a point of diminishing returns and needs to be resolved.

Return to Top
#641359 - 11/22/06 06:03 PM Re: House Becka Marr
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
I agree 100% Becka Marr.

Return to Top
#641361 - 11/22/06 06:04 PM Re: House CubDave
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
In fact, I think it's time for them to explore the lives of some of the supporting characters at times. All three of his students, and his boss, all have the potential for some interesting storylines.

Return to Top
#641384 - 11/22/06 06:27 PM Re: House CubDave
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
They've dipped their toes in the lives of the supporting characters, but haven't developed full subplots for them:

Wilson's marriage problems
Foreman's bi-racial relationship
Cuddy trying to get pregnant

For the most part, I prefer these stories to remain peripheral, rather than make the episodes schizophrenic by dominating too much of the show.

Return to Top
#641452 - 11/22/06 08:04 PM Re: House Becka Marr
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Have the guy who shot House come back and try again. Then, when he wakes up in the hospital bed, these last few episodes will have been a dream.

Then, when he is healed, he goes into an examining room and finds Tritter as his patient. He looks at Tritter with bad deja vu, then turns and walks out, sending Cuddy in to deal with it.

Return to Top
#644390 - 11/29/06 09:12 PM Re: House Nanwa
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Anyone see last night's episode? House decks Chase and nothing happens! In the real world, House would be fired, suspended, arrested for assault, at the very least have drawn a crowd. But...nothing. Except Chase getting mad, but Wilson has decided to roll on him. I guess Wilson is OK with his feelings being hurt by House, but he can't stand to see Cuddy and Chase hurting.

Return to Top
#644426 - 11/29/06 09:44 PM Re: House Nanwa
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: Nanwa
House decks Chase and nothing happens!

Nothing happened because Chase didn't file a grievance. We have yet to see his full reaction to the situation, only the ominous implications of his exchange with Wilson. If you noticed, Chase's complaint had nothing to do with being punched, only that House gave him no recognition for being right about the little girl's condition. Wilson obviously has an idea of Chase's intentions--which prompted him to meet with Tritter. The question is, does Wilson go to Tritter to protect Chase from House, or to protect House from Chase?

Return to Top
#644509 - 11/29/06 11:47 PM Re: House Nanwa
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
House is dangerously close to jumping the shark.

Return to Top
#644544 - 11/30/06 03:22 AM Re: House homestar
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Actually, Homestar, I thought last night's episode was less absured than last week's--but I get your point.

I wish they had found a way to address House's drug use in a more constructive manner--maybe by exploring the (il)legality issues with a case involving medical marijuana use (which I don't think they've done before)?

Problem is, they introduced Tritter's investigation as a personal vendetta, rather than an enforcement of the law. It concerns me somewhat when I see fictional police figures villanized, because I think there are a lot of people who wrongly regard real cops as some sort of public enemy.

Return to Top
#644572 - 11/30/06 01:26 PM Re: House Nanwa
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Originally Posted By: Nanwa
Anyone see last night's episode? House decks Chase and nothing happens! In the real world, House would be fired, suspended, arrested for assault, at the very least have drawn a crowd. But...nothing. Except Chase getting mad, but Wilson has decided to roll on him. I guess Wilson is OK with his feelings being hurt by House, but he can't stand to see Cuddy and Chase hurting.

I think something did happen. Did you notice that there were no scenes of Chase in next week's episode? And the last scene with Chase in it showed him packing. I think he quits.

Based on the preview scenes, Wilson is going to make a deal that essentially gets House sent to rehab.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3