Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#538424 - 04/26/06 06:11 PM Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

...Another excuse to talk about this -- again.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#538425 - 04/26/06 06:24 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was just about to make a post in regards to this.... just makes me sick (about our legal system) that they are even considering this. Maybe they should spend a few hundred million dollars on testing and research to determine exactly how much "pain and suffering" these convicts actually experience while being lethally injected...if they havent already. Maybe they should do it in the least expensive way possible.....Oh wait that would be considered total disregard for a human life right?? So what they did to their "victims" and families of their victims just gets thrown out the window and fogotten right??

Return to Top
#538426 - 04/26/06 06:26 PM Re: Finally...
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
You know, I am sick of all the rights these criminals have. Geez, you did something wrong, and if it is so wrong that you may have to pay for it with your life, tough doo-doo. Enough is enough.

Return to Top
#538427 - 04/26/06 06:28 PM Re: Finally...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Bring back the firing squad!!!!!

Return to Top
#538428 - 04/26/06 06:29 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I was just about to make a post in regards to this.... just makes me sick (about our legal system) that they are even considering this. Maybe they should spend a few hundred million dollars on testing and research to determine exactly how much "pain and suffering" these convicts actually experience while being lethally injected...if they havent already. Maybe they should do it in the least expensive way possible.....Oh wait that would be considered total disregard for a human life right?? So what they did to their "victims" and families of their victims just gets thrown out the window and fogotten right??

i'll start by answering like this:
veternarians stopped using this same method to euthanize animals years ago because it was incredibly painful for them. unlike animals, we as citizens have a constitution that protects us from cruel and unusual punishment-- regardless if you think a person deserves it. we do not use vigilante justice here in this society although you may want us to.

Return to Top
#538429 - 04/26/06 06:30 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

i realize you were being flip but the firing squad may be more humane than lethal injection.

Return to Top
#538430 - 04/26/06 06:32 PM Re: Finally...
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
What about the "pain and suffering" their victims went through? Does that not account for anything? Criminals have more rights than we do and something about that is just not right.

If they dont like it, then they shouldnt put themselves in that position!!!

Return to Top
#538431 - 04/26/06 06:33 PM Re: Finally...
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
unreg - I guess you don't see the irony, the law allows us to kill someone (oh, sorry, end their life legally), but we better do it in a humane way.

As far as vets, I think the method that many employ (placing the animal in what becomes a vaccuum so they suffocate) can hardly be considered humane.

Return to Top
#538432 - 04/26/06 06:33 PM Re: Finally...
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
the could always go back to a good old fashioned hanging. Then maybe they wont complain.

Return to Top
#538433 - 04/26/06 06:34 PM Re: Finally...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

i realize you were being flip but the firing squad may be more humane than lethal injection.

Actually I was being serious!

Ya know, over in China, if you are on death row, you have no idea when you are going to die, neither does your family, the press, the public, etc... They just come get you one day and your done. That's it. No people gathering around to watch, no protests going on outside the prison. You could be sitting there for a week or two years.

Return to Top
#538434 - 04/26/06 06:41 PM Re: Finally...
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Quote:

Quote:

How do you know?
Are the pending lawsuits based on the theory that there might be pain? And what sort of pain? Like stub your toe pain, or like rip off your toe nail pain? Does it actually hurt at all to get lethal injection?

Or are we all arguing about a theory again. The theory that it might hurt - being used by the inmates to stall the sentence given out by a jury – vs the theory that it doesn’t. And while I am concerned about victims rights, if this is the sentence that a jury has handed down it was probably not decieded on lightly, and why must we keep circumventing the legal system?

Rant over.

Return to Top
#538435 - 04/26/06 06:42 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

me versus everyone... i like my odds here goes:

that girl: nobody is saying these people aren't creeps and that they did something unthinkable to us. however, we are all still citizens and we have rights. one of those rights is to be free from the government using cruel and unusual punishment on its citizens. like i said before, our society does not condone vigilante justice... except on TV shows. and hanging could be more humane than lethal injection. unless everything isn't done correctly and the individual suffocates to death.

happy: presently the law allows 'the state' to kill citizens but there is not 'right to the DP for the state'. so no, i don't see irony, i see a nation that is an anachronism to all of its peers in the western world. perhaps what becomes of this case is a realization that the constitution will have to be amended to keep the DP.
and my understanding was that animals used to be euthanized under the exact same process using the same chemicals as are used in lethal injections for criminals. i am unfamiliar with vets ever placing animals in a vacuum (although i bet i did not understand what you meant in your post)

Return to Top
#538436 - 04/26/06 06:44 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ya know, over in China, if you are on death row, you have no idea when you are going to die, neither does your family, the press, the public, etc... They just come get you one day and your done. That's it. No people gathering around to watch, no protests going on outside the prison. You could be sitting there for a week or two years.

i am surprised that a proud conservative advocates having us all become 'comrades'

Return to Top
#538437 - 04/26/06 06:45 PM Re: Finally...
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Criminals have more rights than we do

Completely untrue. When you are in jail (even those not on death row) you lose many, many rights that free citizens have. If you want the death penalty then just say so and don't make untrue statements about criminals having more rights than the rest of us.

Return to Top
#538438 - 04/26/06 06:47 PM Re: Finally...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i am surprised that a proud conservative advocates having us all become 'comrades'

I just can't stand the fact that everytime someone is about to be put to death, there are constant protests, the media is all over it and it just gets a bit ridiculous!

Return to Top
#538439 - 04/26/06 06:48 PM Re: Finally...
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Ron,

Did you see the Death Penalty/Robert Kennedy Project special on Court TV? Very compelling.

Return to Top
#538440 - 04/26/06 06:49 PM Re: Finally...
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just can't stand the fact that everytime someone is about to be put to death, there are constant protests, the media is all over it and it just gets a bit ridiculous!

But you are OK with the people who stand outside chanting "burn in [censored]"?

Return to Top
#538441 - 04/26/06 06:49 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

How do you know?
Are the pending lawsuits based on the theory that there might be pain? And what sort of pain? Like stub your toe pain, or like rip off your toe nail pain? Does it actually hurt at all to get lethal injection?

like i said, vets stopped using this exact process years ago because of the agony it put the animals in. oh sure, the inmates are given a medication to relax their muscles but this is for witness' purposes, not the inmates.

Quote:

The theory that it might hurt - being used by the inmates to stall the sentence given out by a jury – vs the theory that it doesn’t. And while I am concerned about victims rights, if this is the sentence that a jury has handed down it was probably not decieded on lightly, and why must we keep circumventing the legal system?

the reason is that the constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishment. it does not require an eye for an eye.

Return to Top
#538442 - 04/26/06 06:49 PM Re: Finally...
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
ya know, the death penalty has been around for how long now?? and all kinds too...hangings, firing squad, beheadings, electric chair, lethal injection.....all the anti DP people should get used to it. they do the crime, they pay the price for it...eye for an eye..ya know?

Return to Top
#538443 - 04/26/06 06:50 PM Re: Finally...
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Even better, they charge the family for the cost of the bullets.

Return to Top
#538444 - 04/26/06 06:51 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

When you are in jail (even those not on death row) you lose many, many rights that free citizens have.

Really? Thanks for enlightening us Sweetpeas!

Return to Top
#538445 - 04/26/06 06:54 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But you are OK with the people who stand outside chanting "burn in [censored]"?

There you go putting your words in other people's mouths! When did Bimmer say this? Don't try to respond with "it's a question, not a statement". You are inferring that Bimmer thinks it's o.k. (whether he does or not is beside the point).

Return to Top
#538446 - 04/26/06 06:56 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Ron,

Did you see the Death Penalty/Robert Kennedy Project special on Court TV? Very compelling.

no. i don't think i need any more ammunition anyway

Return to Top
#538447 - 04/26/06 06:56 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We had hangings in Delaware on the books until 1996. At least that's when the last person was hanged.

Bring them back!

My question is: How do they know how much lethal injection hurts? No one has survived it, correct?

Return to Top
#538448 - 04/26/06 06:57 PM Re: Finally...
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
isn't leathal injection better than the chair?
so just what exactly is a good way to die??

Return to Top
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6