Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#538474 - 04/26/06 07:19 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

So it's okay that this individual killed your mother, sister, brother, father, friend, or whatever... and doesn't get punishment for it?

point out for me in this thread (or ever) where i said that. in fact, look at my one reply to slick chick.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#538475 - 04/26/06 07:22 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I dont think anyone is talking about becoming a vigilante

then you tell me how do exact the wishes of the people outside the constitution without resorting to vigilantism.

Return to Top
#538476 - 04/26/06 07:22 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

lets give them a nice fluffy pillow to rest their head on while they are being injected too.......maybe some soft music.....

Return to Top
#538477 - 04/26/06 07:24 PM Re: Finally...
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
All these people against the death penalty and lethal injectionm ight change their views if it were a memeber of their family that was killed violently.

Return to Top
#538478 - 04/26/06 07:24 PM Re: Finally...
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
If lethal injection is to anguishing for these angels, I would guess beheading or firing squad would make it quick and painless. These death row inmates should have thought about this before they murdered their victim(s)...choice responsibility anyone?

Return to Top
#538479 - 04/26/06 07:25 PM Re: Finally...
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

AML – So does this mean that anesthesia is given without an anesthesiologists being present? And if they could be present and give the proper dose, thereby making the procedure a “humane” one, would all this discussion be moot? Thank you for providing relevant information to a discussion, [she says sincerely].

That's correct. Anesthesia is administered without an anesthesiologist. Technically, if doctors 1)formulated the drugs, 2) calibrated them to the condemned prisoner, 3)administered them in a consistent and skillful manner, then I think you're right, this would be a moot point. Right now, though, the AMA's code of professional ethics prohibits its members from participating in executions, which is why they rely on non-medical personnel to administer.

Return to Top
#538480 - 04/26/06 07:26 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

where's Dr Jack??

Return to Top
#538481 - 04/26/06 07:26 PM Re: Finally...
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Quote:

Quote:

if someone takes away the 'right to live' from someone else, why should they continue to get that right? they shouldn't..it should be taken away too.

once again, our society has laws under the constitution. we cannot become vigilantes even if you think it should be done.

The person was tried and convicted. How is the becoming a vigilante? It's not. Therefore, since most states have the death penalty, get it over with. Pain, no pain, there really isn't a difference since the period of time the person suffers is relatively short.

Return to Top
#538482 - 04/26/06 07:26 PM Re: Finally...
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

All these people against the death penalty and lethal injectionm ight change their views if it were a memeber of their family that was killed violently.

And they might not. Robert Kennedy's family asked the judge not to give Sirhan Sirhan the DP. There are groups of victims' families around the country that campaign against the DP.

I would never ask for the DP for my relative and I would certainly hope none of them would ask for it if I were killed.

Return to Top
#538483 - 04/26/06 07:27 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Quote:

So it's okay that this individual killed your mother, sister, brother, father, friend, or whatever... and doesn't get punishment for it?

point out for me in this thread (or ever) where i said that. in fact, look at my one reply to slick chick.

What I'm asking... if the legal system decides DP... then the inmate should not get DP just because it's inhumane and may cause the individual some pain? Where is the justice for the victims and their loved ones? That inmate did not stop and think about the pain and inhumane acts they were doing by killing another human being.

Return to Top
#538484 - 04/26/06 07:27 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

and they'll suffer even less with a soft flufy pillow

Return to Top
#538485 - 04/26/06 07:27 PM Re: Finally...
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

Why do they wipe your arm with alcohol before giving you a lethal injection???

To make the vein come to the surface.

Return to Top
#538486 - 04/26/06 07:27 PM Re: Finally...
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

so just what exactly is a good way to die??

Heart attack during sex!

Return to Top
#538487 - 04/26/06 07:28 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

My thoughts exactly That Girl.

Return to Top
#538488 - 04/26/06 07:28 PM Re: Finally...
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Quote:

where's Dr Jack??

good one

Return to Top
#538489 - 04/26/06 07:29 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont think they would deserve death by sex

Return to Top
#538490 - 04/26/06 07:30 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

so just what exactly is a good way to die??

Heart attack during sex!

ROFL... LOL..

Return to Top
#538491 - 04/26/06 07:30 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if someone takes away the 'right to live' from someone else, why should they continue to get that right? they shouldn't..it should be taken away too.

once again, our society has laws under the constitution. we cannot become vigilantes even if you think it should be done.

The person was tried and convicted. How is the becoming a vigilante? It's not. Therefore, since most states have the death penalty, get it over with. Pain, no pain, there really isn't a difference since the period of time the person suffers is relatively short.

traveler, this is difficult to understand. just because a state has the death penalty does not make it legal. in this instance, the method of death, as carried out under the state's death penalty law, become illegal under our constitution. the case isn't about the deciding the fate of the death penalty... although it effectively might. 'cruel and unusual' doesn't have a temporal consideration. perhaps the duration of time that the inmate is in pain will become relevant but i have a feeling the decision will not turn on that.

Return to Top
#538492 - 04/26/06 07:31 PM Re: Finally...
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Quote:

I dont think they would deserve death by sex

Nobody can be that good.

Return to Top
#538493 - 04/26/06 07:33 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

we can all try.......

Return to Top
#538494 - 04/26/06 07:33 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

My thoughts exactly That Girl.

i am sorry if somebody in anybody's family was murdered. but our society is based on the framework of the constitution like it or not.

Return to Top
#538495 - 04/26/06 07:34 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

.....and sex too.....

Return to Top
#538496 - 04/26/06 07:34 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Well maybe as they lay there in their pain and agony... they'll get a taste of how their victims must've felt when they ended their life.

Return to Top
#538497 - 04/26/06 07:34 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

amen sister.....

Return to Top
#538498 - 04/26/06 07:35 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

If lethal injection is to anguishing for these angels, I would guess beheading or firing squad would make it quick and painless. These death row inmates should have thought about this before they murdered their victim(s)...choice responsibility anyone?

you have a very good point. however, lethal injection was originally viewed as the loophole from 'cruel and unusual' scrutiny.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6