Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#538449 - 04/26/06 06:58 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

ya know, the death penalty has been around for how long now?? and all kinds too...hangings, firing squad, beheadings, electric chair, lethal injection.....all the anti DP people should get used to it. they do the crime, they pay the price for it...eye for an eye..ya know?

where does our constitution say eye for eye? do you also want us to devolve to blacks not being citizens and women being unable to vote, too? as much as many here want it to be (i am waiting on ya'll too ), the constitution isn't a static document.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#538450 - 04/26/06 06:59 PM Re: Finally...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bring back the firing squad!!!!!

i realize you were being flip but the firing squad may be more humane than lethal injection.

Actually I was being serious!

Ya know, over in China, if you are on death row, you have no idea when you are going to die, neither does your family, the press, the public, etc... They just come get you one day and your done. That's it. No people gathering around to watch, no protests going on outside the prison. You could be sitting there for a week or two years.

i am surprised that a proud conservative advocates having us all become 'comrades'

I just can't stand the fact that everytime someone is about to be put to death, there are constant protests, the media is all over it and it just gets a bit ridiculous!

But you are OK with the people who stand outside chanting "burn in [censored]"?

NO SP I am not!!! I don't think anyone should be out there! I don't think anyone should be watching it happen either! I am all for the Death Penalty, I am not all for making a public spectacle out of it!

Return to Top
#538451 - 04/26/06 06:59 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

....the point is that they were arrested, tried, convicted, and sentenced to death....and now they are crying because it "might" hurt them??? do you belong to PETA too??

Return to Top
#538452 - 04/26/06 07:00 PM Re: Finally...
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
where does the constitution say its ok to take someone's life?

Return to Top
#538453 - 04/26/06 07:02 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

We had hangings in Delaware on the books until 1996. At least that's when the last person was hanged.

Bring them back!

My question is: How do they know how much lethal injection hurts? No one has survived it, correct?

like i described before, this same method was used to euthanize animals before vets decided it was inhumane. one of the drugs administered in the lethal injection process prevents movements, largely for the benefit of the spectators.
Quote:

isn't leathal injection better than the chair?
so just what exactly is a good way to die??

once again, there is no 'right to kill' granted to the state. BOTH of those methods are inhumane.

Return to Top
#538454 - 04/26/06 07:03 PM Re: Finally...
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

How do you know?
Are the pending lawsuits based on the theory that there might be pain? And what sort of pain? Like stub your toe pain, or like rip off your toe nail pain? Does it actually hurt at all to get lethal injection?

There are three drugs involved in lethal injection; a sedative, an anesthetic and a potassium mixture that causes a massive heart attack. The law suit, as far as I know, is based on information gathered on all the times that lethal injection went, shall we say, awry. They include:
*in some formulations, and over some period of time the sedative and anesthetic will cancel each other out and the inmate becomes conscious just in time for the massive heart attack.
*in some formulations the sedative loses affect within just a few minutes, and again the person is fully conscious.
*the people administering the lethal injection mess up; there are stories of it taking 35 minutes to 'find a vein', drugs being pushed under the skin instead of into the blood stream, needles popping out and so on.

Doctors and nurses do not administer the lethal injections, and doctors did not create the formulation of drugs.

So, yeah, part of the lawsuit is about "theory", but part of it is about the current practice as well.

Return to Top
#538455 - 04/26/06 07:04 PM Re: Finally...
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
these criminals have no 'right to kill' either.

Return to Top
#538456 - 04/26/06 07:04 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

....the point is that they were arrested, tried, convicted, and sentenced to death....and now they are crying because it "might" hurt them??? do you belong to PETA too??

our constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishment. putting them to death in the way is what is arguably 'cruel and unusual'. please find me where the state is granted a 'license to kill'.

Return to Top
#538457 - 04/26/06 07:05 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh dear.....imagine that...thats just awful

Return to Top
#538458 - 04/26/06 07:05 PM Re: Finally...
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

NO SP I am not!!! I don't think anyone should be out there! I don't think anyone should be watching it happen either! I am all for the Death Penalty, I am not all for making a public spectacle out of it!

I can respect that. Most aren't as consistent.

Return to Top
#538459 - 04/26/06 07:06 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

B O O H O O................

Return to Top
#538460 - 04/26/06 07:06 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

these criminals have no 'right to kill' either.

so let them be punished. do you think i condone what they did?! the constitution probits the state from punishing them in a 'cruel and unusual' way however.

Return to Top
#538461 - 04/26/06 07:07 PM Re: Finally...
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
AML – So does this mean that anesthesia is given without an anesthesiologists being present? And if they could be present and give the proper dose, thereby making the procedure a “humane” one, would all this discussion be moot? Thank you for providing relevant information to a discussion, [she says sincerely].

Return to Top
#538462 - 04/26/06 07:07 PM Re: Finally...
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
the dp has been around too long, i don't think its going anywhere

Return to Top
#538463 - 04/26/06 07:09 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
From my experience of jail ministry... if they (male/female inmates) were on good behavior they still had lots of choice in their freedom as far as being on the inside. Once they commited the crime... they gave up their freedom in the world as citizens.

IMO... jail and prison are not nearly "rough" enough when it comes to discipline and I think that's why our numbers are so numerous...and lessons are never learned.

Return to Top
#538464 - 04/26/06 07:10 PM Re: Finally...
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
if someone takes away the 'right to live' from someone else, why should they continue to get that right? they shouldn't..it should be taken away too.

Return to Top
#538465 - 04/26/06 07:10 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

the dp has been around too long, i don't think its going anywhere

well, don't count your chickens before they are hatched. like i said, the constitution is adaptive. we don't rewrite it every year. there is a clause in it that speaks directly to this issue. constitutional issues are revisited and redecided all the time you know.

Return to Top
#538466 - 04/26/06 07:12 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

if someone takes away the 'right to live' from someone else, why should they continue to get that right? they shouldn't..it should be taken away too.

once again, our society has laws under the constitution. we cannot become vigilantes even if you think it should be done.

Return to Top
#538467 - 04/26/06 07:13 PM Re: Finally...
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
i know they are. but i think its gonna stay.

but you argue it out with someone else, i'm going home!

Return to Top
#538468 - 04/26/06 07:13 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bring back the firing squad!!!!!

i realize you were being flip but the firing squad may be more humane than lethal injection.

Actually I was being serious!

Ya know, over in China, if you are on death row, you have no idea when you are going to die, neither does your family, the press, the public, etc... They just come get you one day and your done. That's it. No people gathering around to watch, no protests going on outside the prison. You could be sitting there for a week or two years.

i am surprised that a proud conservative advocates having us all become 'comrades'

I just can't stand the fact that everytime someone is about to be put to death, there are constant protests, the media is all over it and it just gets a bit ridiculous!

But you are OK with the people who stand outside chanting "burn in [censored]"?

Totally agree!

Return to Top
#538469 - 04/26/06 07:14 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont think anyone is talking about becoming a vigilante

Return to Top
#538470 - 04/26/06 07:15 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

We had hangings in Delaware on the books until 1996. At least that's when the last person was hanged.

Bring them back!

My question is: How do they know how much lethal injection hurts? No one has survived it, correct?

like i described before, this same method was used to euthanize animals before vets decided it was inhumane. one of the drugs administered in the lethal injection process prevents movements, largely for the benefit of the spectators.
Quote:

isn't leathal injection better than the chair?
so just what exactly is a good way to die??

once again, there is no 'right to kill' granted to the state. BOTH of those methods are inhumane.

So it's okay that this individual killed your mother, sister, brother, father, friend, or whatever... and doesn't get punishment for it?

Return to Top
#538471 - 04/26/06 07:17 PM Re: Finally...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Why do they wipe your arm with alcohol before giving you a lethal injection???

Return to Top
#538472 - 04/26/06 07:17 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

i know they are. but i think its gonna stay.

but you argue it out with someone else, i'm going home!

you may be right that it is going to stay.

i am not trying to antagonize you, just saying my piece and hopefully doing a little education at the same time.

Return to Top
#538473 - 04/26/06 07:19 PM Re: Finally...
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
I so totally agree with Search and Slick!

Like I said before, if you dont want to be there, then dont put yourself in that position. Its all about freedom of choice!!!!

Like it or not, agree or not, SP, I dont really care, criminals have more rights than we do. Do I have to put "in my opinion" on everything I say? NO.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6