Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#538499 - 04/26/06 07:36 PM Re: Finally...
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
It's also interesting to note that we are among the very last of the "developed" countries to still have the DP.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#538500 - 04/26/06 07:37 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Well maybe as they lay there in their pain and agony... they'll get a taste of how their victims must've felt when they ended their life.

sounds like to revenge to me. our constitution doesn't care about the motivations however. it affects if those motivations will be allowed.

Return to Top
#538501 - 04/26/06 07:38 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

It's also interesting to note that we are among the very last of the "developed" countries to still have the DP.

i believe japan is the only other.

Return to Top
#538502 - 04/26/06 07:39 PM Re: Finally...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

I dont think they would deserve death by sex

Nobody can be that good.

Wanna Bet????

Return to Top
#538503 - 04/26/06 07:40 PM Re: Finally...
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
um, NO.

Return to Top
#538504 - 04/26/06 07:41 PM Re: Finally...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

um, NO.

Damn!

Return to Top
#538505 - 04/26/06 07:41 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Quote:

Well maybe as they lay there in their pain and agony... they'll get a taste of how their victims must've felt when they ended their life.

sounds like to revenge to me. our constitution doesn't care about the motivations however. it affects if those motivations will be allowed.

It's not revenge honey... it's justice...

Return to Top
#538506 - 04/26/06 07:41 PM Re: Finally...
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

They never cop to that one, but it's certainly revenge.

Return to Top
#538507 - 04/26/06 07:42 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

um, NO.

Damn!

LOL... Too funny...

Return to Top
#538508 - 04/26/06 07:42 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I LIKE Search

Return to Top
#538509 - 04/26/06 07:43 PM Re: Finally...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

I LIKE Search

Me Too!!!

Return to Top
#538510 - 04/26/06 07:43 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They never cop to that one, but it's certainly revenge.

Explain your statement: "it's certainly revenge" so I can understand how you gather your opinion.

Return to Top
#538511 - 04/26/06 07:43 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you may paint your barn any color you'd like

Return to Top
#538512 - 04/26/06 07:43 PM Re: Finally...
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
They should be forced to have monkey-sex with my sister-in-law.

Return to Top
#538513 - 04/26/06 07:44 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

I LIKE Search

Me Too!!!

Aw, you guys are sweet... you're making me blush

Return to Top
#538514 - 04/26/06 07:44 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok.....I dont think anyone deserves that !!

Return to Top
#538515 - 04/26/06 07:45 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you may paint your barn any color you'd like

You too... this way we can have a colorful world...
Last edited by Search_Me; 04/26/06 07:46 PM.

Return to Top
#538516 - 04/26/06 07:45 PM Re: Finally...
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

I'm sure they'd choose DP...

Return to Top
#538517 - 04/26/06 07:45 PM Re: Finally...
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
[quote They never cop to that one, but it's certainly revenge.

Completely untrue.

Return to Top
#538518 - 04/26/06 07:45 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

once again, the constitution prohibits 'cruel and unusual punishment' (you opened the door, rictus)

Return to Top
#538519 - 04/26/06 07:50 PM Re: Finally...
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
oh, I know it is.
She's a slimy, swamp-witch, she-troll of a woman.
And I've heard that um, down below her Mason-Dixon, is the wafting aroma of a bean and fish chaloopa.

Return to Top
#538520 - 04/26/06 07:51 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

that is sooooooo not right

Return to Top
#538521 - 04/26/06 07:56 PM Re: Finally...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

oh, I know it is.
She's a slimy, swamp-witch, she-troll of a woman.
And I've heard that um, down below her Mason-Dixon, is the wafting aroma of a bean and fish chaloopa.

Did you really have to go there????

Return to Top
#538522 - 04/26/06 08:11 PM Re: Finally...
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if someone takes away the 'right to live' from someone else, why should they continue to get that right? they shouldn't..it should be taken away too.

once again, our society has laws under the constitution. we cannot become vigilantes even if you think it should be done.

The person was tried and convicted. How is the becoming a vigilante? It's not. Therefore, since most states have the death penalty, get it over with. Pain, no pain, there really isn't a difference since the period of time the person suffers is relatively short.

traveler, this is difficult to understand. just because a state has the death penalty does not make it legal. in this instance, the method of death, as carried out under the state's death penalty law, become illegal under our constitution. the case isn't about the deciding the fate of the death penalty... although it effectively might. 'cruel and unusual' doesn't have a temporal consideration. perhaps the duration of time that the inmate is in pain will become relevant but i have a feeling the decision will not turn on that.

Did I discuss method? No. The responce was regarding the vigalante comments which were not applicable in this case. Besides, until the Supreme Court of the US rules the death penalty unconstitutional, the death penalty legality will continue to be based on each state's laws. Therefore, is it legal? Yes, it can based on the state's law.

Return to Top
#538523 - 04/26/06 08:27 PM Re: Finally...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if someone takes away the 'right to live' from someone else, why should they continue to get that right? they shouldn't..it should be taken away too.

once again, our society has laws under the constitution. we cannot become vigilantes even if you think it should be done.

The person was tried and convicted. How is the becoming a vigilante? It's not. Therefore, since most states have the death penalty, get it over with. Pain, no pain, there really isn't a difference since the period of time the person suffers is relatively short.

traveler, this is difficult to understand. just because a state has the death penalty does not make it legal. in this instance, the method of death, as carried out under the state's death penalty law, become illegal under our constitution. the case isn't about the deciding the fate of the death penalty... although it effectively might. 'cruel and unusual' doesn't have a temporal consideration. perhaps the duration of time that the inmate is in pain will become relevant but i have a feeling the decision will not turn on that.

Did I discuss method? No. The responce was regarding the vigalante comments which were not applicable in this case. Besides, until the Supreme Court of the US rules the death penalty unconstitutional, the death penalty legality will continue to be based on each state's laws. Therefore, is it legal? Yes, it can based on the state's law.

the vigilante comments were due to what some posters think should happen. the thread was started because the method of choice (which the states use due to 'cruel and unusual' concerns) is under attack. if you would like, we could start another thread as to whether there should be a DP at all. i kept the quotes intact so you could see the progression on this thread.

do you want me to explain how state laws are subject to the constitution? you seem to be a bit misguided as to the impact of this thread on what a state can do. your "until the Supreme Court rules" seems to be missing the point. this thread is not a hindsight thread.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6