Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#538853 - 04/26/06 10:13 PM What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Fira Offline
N. USA (North United States Of...
That you know of?

The Red Habanero it is so hot oh itz SPICYHOT!!!

But The Lord shall help me through it should I taste one.

Now I have had an orange Habanero it is GOOOOD!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#538854 - 04/26/06 10:46 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
ive had some thai peppers that were pretty dang hot...

Return to Top
#538855 - 04/26/06 11:06 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Red Savina Habañero. Now that's hot.

I have several hot sauces that blow it away though. . . I have The Source (7.1MM scvls), several of Blairs sauces (up to 16MM scvls), Mad Dog 357 (so bad), among others. . . The hottest that I have tried personally weighs in at 2MM scovilles. Me and 4 other morons thought it would be fun to try it out and we were in some serious pain for about a good 45 minutes until the pain finally became bearable. . . So bad!

Return to Top
#538856 - 04/26/06 11:14 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

I have several hot sauces that blow it away though. . . I have The Source (7.1MM scvls), several of Blairs sauces (up to 16MM scvls), Mad Dog 357 (so bad), among others. . . The hottest that I have tried personally weighs in at 2MM scovilles. Me and 4 other morons thought it would be fun to try it out and we were in some serious pain for about a good 45 minutes until the pain finally became bearable. . . So bad!

Ever try Dave's Insanity Sauce Special Reserve? It comes packaged in it's own coffin. I don't know how it ranks on the charts, but I understand that it is one of, if not the hottest sauce available.

Return to Top
#538857 - 04/26/06 11:14 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
I tried some blistering hot volcanic third degree burn chicken wings once. Just once.....

Return to Top
#538858 - 04/26/06 11:20 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Edr55 Offline
Gold Star
Edr55
Don't eat the guacamole at a sushi shop!!!!

it's not guacamole...found out the hard way...

Return to Top
#538859 - 04/26/06 11:30 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
Quote:

What was it???

Return to Top
#538860 - 04/26/06 11:32 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Edr55 Offline
Gold Star
Edr55
Japanese horse radish.... really hot when you don't expect it....

Return to Top
#538861 - 04/26/06 11:48 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

ask Fightin' Blue Hen (BOLer) about his experience with wasabi.

Return to Top
#538862 - 04/27/06 02:49 AM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

What was it???

It's called Wasabi and it is wonderful

Return to Top
#538863 - 04/27/06 11:14 AM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Any Thai food that you order "hot", it will make your hair fall out.

Return to Top
#538864 - 04/27/06 01:53 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

I ate a whole large dollop of wasabi on a friendly bet with some co-workers...I felt ill for 2 days, and took time off from our weekly sushi lunches. I definitely do not recommend eating a whole gob at once!

Return to Top
#538865 - 04/27/06 02:16 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
I did something like that as well, but not on a bet. I was having chinese and somebody told me to try the horseradish, i love horseradish so i got a healthy dose, then nearly died.

Return to Top
#538866 - 04/27/06 02:25 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Anonymous
Unregistered

I watched a show on spicy products the other day. Apparently they have ratings for things. For instance a jalepano is rated ~30 but a habinero is ~50. Here is the amazing fact: jalepeno pulp is the hottest substance and can be something like ~10,000. They actually mash it into a pulp and put this in some sauces. I guess it is insane.

Return to Top
#538867 - 04/27/06 02:28 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

I tried some blistering hot volcanic third degree burn chicken wings once. Just once.....

LOL...sounds like my mom's chicken wings...

Return to Top
#538868 - 04/27/06 02:33 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
Quote:

Quote:

LOL...sounds like my mom's chicken wings...

OUCH!

Return to Top
#538869 - 04/27/06 03:23 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

I watched a show on spicy products the other day. Apparently they have ratings for things. For instance a jalepano is rated ~30 but a habinero is ~50. Here is the amazing fact: jalepeno pulp is the hottest substance and can be something like ~10,000. They actually mash it into a pulp and put this in some sauces. I guess it is insane.

The heat is measured in scoville units, I'm not sure what that ~30 thing is. . . For example the heat measured in Tabasco is about 1,076 scovilles. Now imagine trying the 2 million scoville sauce that I have Insanely hot. The one I have that is 16 Million has a waiver you must sign saying that they are not responsible for any serious health problems or death that may occur from consuming or handling this sauce. They also suggest handling the sauce with thick rubber gloves

What they are doing when they are making this "pulp" is squeezing out the oils that actually give the peppers the heat (pepper extract). A lot of these extremely hot sauces squeeze 1000's of habañeros for that oil.

Return to Top
#538870 - 04/27/06 03:28 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Roxy Offline
Gold Star
Roxy
Your guess is as good as mine
Quote:

Quote:

Ever try Dave's Insanity Sauce Special Reserve? It comes packaged in it's own coffin. I don't know how it ranks on the charts, but I understand that it is one of, if not the hottest sauce available.

My dad swears by Dave's sauce. He added it to stir fry once and it gave my brother a blister on his tongue. Talk about spicy.

Return to Top
#538871 - 04/27/06 03:38 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My dad swears by Dave's sauce. He added it to stir fry once and it gave my brother a blister on his tongue. Talk about spicy.

Funny story. . Daves Ultimate Insanity sauce was the first really hot sauce I had bought. We had a family gathering so I brought it along with me, since I am from a hispanic family and there are a lot of chili heads there. Well two of my uncles, an Aunt, and about six of my cousins along with myself tried it at once. We each put about a drop on a frito. My lil cousin David put a little too much on there. Well we were all blown away at how hot it was, but David was heaving and tearing, and all of the sudden his nose just started bleeding like crazy! He just about passed out. . I couldn't belive it He had blisters in his mouth after as well.

Return to Top
#538872 - 04/27/06 03:42 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wasabi is fantastic, when enjoyed properly! Unlike Steve-O, who chooses to inhale it... Anyway - it is intended to be mixed with soy sauce and used to dip your sushi in. I would highly recommend it! The good thing is that it doesn't leave a lasting 'hot' in your mouth, unlike many peppers. It usually just makes your eyes water and fades within seconds.

Return to Top
#538873 - 04/27/06 03:56 PM Re: What's the spicy-hottest food/foods/drinks/drink
Edr55 Offline
Gold Star
Edr55
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I ate a whole large dollop of wasabi on a friendly bet with some co-workers...I felt ill for 2 days, and took time off from our weekly sushi lunches. I definitely do not recommend eating a whole gob at once!

that was your own dang fault!!! j/k
I was in a sushi shop for the first time in my life, had a sample platter with a half dozen different types, and enjoyed the first couple (straight), and absolutely hated the next...I thought a big spoonful of guacamole will cut the terrible taste....WRONG!!!!!! It nearly cut my throat

Return to Top