Pet Peeve? In Laws...enough said.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#539292 - 08/16/06 03:00 PM Re: Pet Peeves
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Why isn't there a comma on the right side of a keyboard where the numbers are?

Return to Top
#539293 - 08/16/06 03:05 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
How every one of the major news networks (Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc.) have a 'BREAKING NEWS' alert ALL THE DAMN TIME for every story!

(ugh...it's gotten to where I don't even pay attention anymore because it's so overused)

Return to Top
#539294 - 08/16/06 03:06 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

How every one of the major news networks (Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc.) have a 'BREAKING NEWS' alert ALL THE DAMN TIME for every story!

(ugh...it's gotten to where I don't even pay attention anymore because it's so overused)

too funny! (but sad, too!) it's like all of the "severe" terror alerts during the election

Return to Top
#539295 - 08/16/06 03:17 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Pet Peeve.....When I'm goofing off in the cooler and my boss walks in my office.

Return to Top
#539296 - 08/16/06 03:20 PM Re: Pet Peeves
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Pet Peeve.....When I'm goofing off in the cooler and my boss walks in my office.

That's the advantage in having a boss that's a few hundred miles away

Return to Top
#539297 - 08/16/06 03:22 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Quote:

Quote:

He's on vacation today, has been for a couple weeks. Comes in today and sneaks up behind me. He scared the crap out of me and thought it was funny. The guy is a maniac.

Return to Top
#539298 - 08/16/06 03:24 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
I used to have a pet peeve but I had to get rid of it -- it kept peeing on the carpet.

Return to Top
#539299 - 08/16/06 05:09 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
anon's

Return to Top
#539300 - 08/16/06 05:23 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's on vacation today, has been for a couple weeks. Comes in today and sneaks up behind me. He scared the crap out of me and thought it was funny. The guy is a maniac.

You need to have your back to the wall and face the door -- don't you watch the Sopranos?

Return to Top
#539301 - 08/16/06 05:27 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You need to have your back to the wall and face the door -- don't you watch the Sopranos?

I tried... The branch manager decided to switch my desk around (this was when we moved into the branch) and now the only way it works is to sit with my back to the door.
Now there's a pet peeve....people that just want what makes them happy without any thought to anyone else.

Return to Top
#539302 - 08/16/06 05:33 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
but its "your" desk. You should be able to have it facing the way you want it too. Be the rebel and change it!

Return to Top
#539303 - 08/16/06 05:35 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Wouldn't having your back to the door be a security issue?? People could come in and see customer information without your knowledge...someone could come hold a gun to your head and you would not have seen them....I would point this out!!

Return to Top
#539304 - 08/16/06 05:35 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

but its "your" desk. You should be able to have it facing the way you want it too. Be the rebel and change it!

That Girl... you know this is how it is.. I mean.. look at us... if we could.. we'd be facing everyone.. not sitting there with our backs to those that approach us...

Return to Top
#539305 - 08/16/06 05:35 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Quote:

I would if I could TG, like I said it's the only way it works in here. It's an L desk and the one they gave only works this way especially when the customers come in.

Return to Top
#539306 - 08/16/06 05:36 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
After your boss leaves tonight, move it

Return to Top
#539307 - 08/16/06 05:43 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Better yet, switch desks with him and see if he's smart enough to notice.

Return to Top
#539308 - 08/16/06 05:44 PM Re: Pet Peeves
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

After your boss leaves tonight, move it

Better yet, move your boss' desk so their back is to the door...

Return to Top
#539309 - 08/16/06 05:44 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Quote:

Quote:

That Girl... you know this is how it is.. I mean.. look at us... if we could.. we'd be facing everyone.. not sitting there with our backs to those that approach us...

YOU need to turn around!

Return to Top
#539310 - 08/16/06 05:48 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Wouldn't having your back to the door be a security issue?? People could come in and see customer information without your knowledge...someone could come hold a gun to your head and you would not have seen them....I would point this out!!

I have. These people just don't get it. I'm so far back in the corner, of course I do have a nice window view, that even if I faced forward I couldn't see much. This place is nuts......

Return to Top
#539311 - 08/16/06 05:50 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Oops. That was me.^

Return to Top
#539312 - 08/16/06 05:59 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

YOU need to turn around!

I've tried everything possible... at least I did manage to get turned sideways... but still that doesn't work... people come in and out of my cubicle half the time and I never notice them until I catch a glimpse of them and then it's too late... I've already jumped 6 feet... LOL...

Return to Top
#539313 - 08/16/06 06:01 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

I have. These people just don't get it. I'm so far back in the corner, of course I do have a nice window view, that even if I faced forward I couldn't see much. This place is nuts......

Well.. I have a huge window view...wait.. let me say.. I HAD...that is until we got these dang cubicles and they covered up the windows... what were they thinking...

Return to Top
#539314 - 08/16/06 06:06 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well.. I have a huge window view...wait.. let me say.. I HAD...that is until we got these dang cubicles and they covered up the windows... what were they thinking...

Search....I think you've got it way worse than me. I have a pretty big office...no cubicles here. I'm going to quit belly aching now. But I'll have to agree with the jumping 6 feet in the air. I do it all the time. One of these days my heart is going to give out.

Return to Top
#539315 - 08/16/06 06:09 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Search....I think you've got it way worse than me. I have a pretty big office...no cubicles here. I'm going to quit belly aching now. But I'll have to agree with the jumping 6 feet in the air. I do it all the time. One of these days my heart is going to give out.

I'm there with ya on the heart giving out...

Some days I think... could I beat this dang cubicle to pieces and get away with it...

Return to Top
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17