Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Thread Options
#539241 - 04/27/06 09:16 PM Re: Pet Peeves
MStateFan Offline
100 Club
MStateFan
Mississippi
I was home on a weekday a couple of weeks ago and happened to have the TV on Dr. Phil's talk show. One of his guests was a woman who is waging a campaign against her personal pet peeve - people who don't use the little plastic dividers on the checkout conveyor belts at grocery stores, Wal-Mart, etc. She goes to the extreme of putting some of her items in with the items of the people in front of her so that they will get home and realize they have things they don't want and have to go back to the store to return them.

Anyway, she was going on and on about how you are supposed to put the divider BEHIND your items - is that true? I've always put it in front of my items.

I thought that was a funny pet peeve, but it apparently irks her to the point of waging a nationwide campaign against it.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#539242 - 04/27/06 09:16 PM Re: Pet Peeves
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

When the customer in front of you decides they have nothing better to do except argue with the cashier.

i was behind a lady the other day who had $300 worth of stuff on a $150 gift card. it was torture waiting while she put one item back at a time to get low enough.

Return to Top
#539243 - 04/27/06 09:24 PM Re: Pet Peeves
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
How about when I am shopping for a months worth of groceries and someone comes up behind me with one thing and gives me puppy dog eyes...take your @ss to the self check out fool.

Return to Top
#539244 - 04/27/06 09:26 PM Re: Pet Peeves
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
those were my puppy dog eyes.

Return to Top
#539245 - 04/27/06 09:32 PM Re: Pet Peeves
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

How about when I am shopping for a months worth of groceries and someone comes up behind me with one thing and gives me puppy dog eyes...take your @ss to the self check out fool.

What if he gave you a string of soft kisses starting right behind your ear and working their way slowly down your neck... then gave you those puppy dog eyes...??

Return to Top
#539246 - 04/27/06 09:37 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought I told you to quit molesting the customer ComplyGuy! Geeez!

Return to Top
#539247 - 04/27/06 09:42 PM Re: Pet Peeves
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

I thought I told you to quit molesting the customer ComplyGuy! Geeez!

Just serving the customer's needs...

Return to Top
#539248 - 04/27/06 09:52 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Quote:

When the customer in front of you decides they have nothing better to do except argue with the cashier.

i was behind a lady the other day who had $300 worth of stuff on a $150 gift card. it was torture waiting while she put one item back at a time to get low enough.

Now that just makes me crazy... duh... round off and add as your putting the items into the buggy before even getting to the check-out stand people... oh sorry... I'm cool...I'm cool...

Return to Top
#539249 - 04/27/06 09:52 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

ROFL...

Return to Top
#539250 - 04/27/06 10:04 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now that just makes me crazy... duh... round off and add as your putting the items into the buggy before even getting to the check-out stand people... oh sorry... I'm cool...I'm cool...

Ummmmm........ What's a buggy????

Return to Top
#539251 - 04/27/06 10:10 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ummmmm........ What's a buggy????

LOL... sorry Southern coming out in me...

buggy aka shopping cart...

When I typed it... I thought I'd better change it... as it would cause some confusion... but just decided to leave it... next time.. I'll use the proper word and not the Southern term.

Return to Top
#539252 - 04/27/06 10:25 PM Re: Pet Peeves
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
I call them buggys too Search. As for pet peeves we could start the pop/soda/coke debate.

Return to Top
#539253 - 04/27/06 10:42 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

I call them buggys too Search. As for pet peeves we could start the pop/soda/coke debate.

whew... glad someone calls them this...

Return to Top
#539254 - 04/28/06 01:19 PM Re: Pet Peeves
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
what irritates me most is my boss continuing to schedule me with Slub all the time...geesh!

my biggest problem is with grocery shopping in general. the whole process is very overwhelming. i can't handle the cowded isles first of all. it is too much. i have walked out of a grocery store twice this year cause there was just too many people for me to deal with. next time i think i need to take a support group with me.
then this is what bugs me the most: the over handling of what you buy. take it from the shelf to the cart, then from the cart to the check out, then they bag it, put it back in the cart, from the cart to the car, from the car to the kitchen, from the bag then to fridge and the cabinets. then you take it later just to eat it. to me, this is just too much to have to deal with all the time. i guess this is why i have only been to the grocery 3 times this year.

Return to Top
#539255 - 04/28/06 01:30 PM Re: Pet Peeves
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Yeah right Slick, you have never had it so good. I was the twitching nervouse mess the other day after opening with you!

I don't mind grocery shopping but my pet peeve is taking the groceries in the house and putting them away. I tend to just leave them on the table till I get sick of looking at them.

Return to Top
#539256 - 04/28/06 02:08 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
I hope you put your perishables away or otherwise you hour would begin to stink. Ewwww But I can totally understand leaving the cans, however, I do not do this. Everything has a place to go and it has to be put away or it drives me nuts.

Return to Top
#539257 - 04/28/06 02:21 PM Re: Pet Peeves
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

Quote:

whew... glad someone calls them this...

you can add me to that list too, it's a buggy

Return to Top
#539258 - 04/28/06 02:22 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Anonymous
Unregistered

weird-o

Return to Top
#539259 - 04/28/06 02:28 PM Re: Pet Peeves
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

weird-o

thanx, i know!!!

Return to Top
#539260 - 04/28/06 02:29 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
mature people acting like idiots.

Return to Top
#539261 - 04/28/06 02:31 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

weird-o

thanx, i know!!!

She probably knows who this is. . . and im not immature. k thanks.

Return to Top
#539262 - 04/28/06 02:32 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Anonymous
Unregistered

oops jk i miss read. sorry about that.

Return to Top
#539263 - 04/28/06 02:33 PM Re: Pet Peeves
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
i call 'em buggies too. well sometimes.

Return to Top
#539264 - 04/28/06 02:34 PM Re: Pet Peeves
Anonymous
Unregistered

My problem with grocery shopping is how am I going to know what I am hungry for later in the week?

Return to Top
#539265 - 04/28/06 03:06 PM Re: Pet Peeves
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
IT'S A CART!

Maybe that's an upper midwest thing.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17