Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#540168 - 04/28/06 06:40 PM Goodbye Sweet America!!!
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
Goodbye Sweet America

? Se habla espanol..o prima numero uno!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#540169 - 04/28/06 06:45 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I think the protest would be much more effective if for that one day they all leave the country and go back to Mexico or whereever else they came from. That way we could really see what it would be like without them here.

Return to Top
#540170 - 04/28/06 06:46 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
Quote:

I think the protest would be much more effective if for that one day they all leave the country and go back to Mexico or whereever else they came from. That way we could really see what it would be like without them here.

are you speaking of illegal immigrants specifically or all people who speak spanish?

Return to Top
#540171 - 04/28/06 06:52 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
How about for one day they turn in their food stamps, welfare checks and WIC coupons and instead of the emergency room for their anchor baby with the sniffles, they go to the store and buy over the counter medicines.

Return to Top
#540172 - 04/28/06 06:55 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Quote:

Quote:

are you speaking of illegal immigrants specifically or all people who speak spanish?

Illegal immigrants. Of course, if they leave, it might be hard for them to get back into the country again. Oh well.

Return to Top
#540173 - 04/28/06 07:04 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
"When the president was asked at a Rose Garden question-and-answer session whether the anthem should be sung in Spanish, he replied: "I think the national anthem ought to be sung in English, and I think people who want to be a citizen of this country ought to learn English and they ought to learn to sing the national anthem in English.""

If the president is so concerned about everyone that lives here learning to how to speak english then shouldn't he as our leader learn to speak english as well?

Return to Top
#540174 - 04/28/06 07:07 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I'm glad to see ILLEGAL immigrants striking. Heck, why don't we go arrest all the fools holding up signs and check their green cards. If they are here illegally, thanks for letting us know so we can ship your butt back to Mexico or wherever else you came from ILLEGALLY.

Wait, we do have a way you can become an actual LEGAL citizen don't we?

Return to Top
#540175 - 04/28/06 07:28 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Actually, the article said the protest was for illegal aliens and their SUPPORTERS. So you just can't cage them up and send them back to "Mexico or wherever" because there might be a bunch of SUPPORTERS in the mix.

Return to Top
#540176 - 04/28/06 07:30 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

How about for one day they turn in their food stamps, welfare checks and WIC coupons and instead of the emergency room for their anchor baby with the sniffles, they go to the store and buy over the counter medicines.

Amen. Feel free to come here legally, as many of our ancestors did. But don't cross the border, and immediately start feeding from the public troth, and demand we change our immigration laws...that really fries my ice.

Return to Top
#540177 - 04/28/06 08:13 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Actually, the article said the protest was for illegal aliens and their SUPPORTERS. So you just can't cage them up and send them back to "Mexico or wherever" because there might be a bunch of SUPPORTERS in the mix.

Perhaps you should read more carefully. "CHECK THEIR GREEN CARDS" You know, it's not that hard to prove you are a US citizen to INS. Could I have been any clearer that I would love to see them round up the ILLEGALS for you or is your Engrish a bit rusty?

Return to Top
#540178 - 04/28/06 08:14 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Engrish? Nice racial slur.

Return to Top
#540179 - 04/28/06 08:31 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

What do you mean, slur?

Return to Top
#540180 - 04/28/06 08:35 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

What do you mean, slur?

you know what she meant.

Return to Top
#540181 - 04/28/06 08:38 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
OK, been traveling and at the Fed all week so I may be a little slow today. What race says that?

Oh, and bite me.

Return to Top
#540182 - 04/28/06 08:41 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

OK, been traveling and at the Fed all week so I may be a little slow today. What race says that?

Oh, and bite me.

don't get testy. "Engrish" is making fun of the way a certain group of foreigners (Asian) pronounce English since that is not their first language.

Return to Top
#540183 - 04/28/06 08:43 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Oh yeah, right. Forgot about that.
I am fried, long week.
Have a good weekend everybody, think I am out.

Return to Top
#540184 - 04/28/06 08:47 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
You may see it as a slur, I see it as an entertaining website www.engrish.com

Enjoy

Return to Top
#540185 - 04/28/06 08:57 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
Regzilla Offline
New Poster
WTWCSDTP
The hispanic high school students in southern California who put up the Mexican flag first and then the US Flag (upside down) underneath it on the school flagpole really really pissed me off. I was pretty ambivalent until that happened.

Return to Top
#540186 - 04/28/06 09:04 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

So the question would be "If they are so proud of the country they come from, why are they here?"

Return to Top
#540187 - 04/28/06 09:05 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Why is it only racial when it's against non-whites?

I don't see you defending the rednecks when someone makes fun of them!

Return to Top
#540188 - 04/28/06 09:17 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
Locally the illegal immigrants are threatening to not go shopping on Monday to show how much they spend in the area. I say why stop there. They should avoid going to the doctor and getting free health care, not show up for work without a social security number and not be allowed to cash in there wellfare checks. I'm all for a country of people from different backgrounds but they need to be here legally, paying taxes like the rest of us. I find it silly that they think not shopping on Monday will hurt us that badly.

Return to Top
#540189 - 04/28/06 09:19 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

Locally the illegal immigrants are threatening to not go shopping on Monday to show how much they spend in the area. I say why stop there. They should avoid going to the doctor and getting free health care, not show up for work without a social security number and not be allowed to cash in there wellfare checks. I'm all for a country of people from different backgrounds but they need to be here legally, paying taxes like the rest of us. I find it silly that they think not shopping on Monday will hurt us that badly.

no i agree they need to be here legally not living off everyone one else who is living the "american dream" no matter what your back ground is

Return to Top
#540190 - 04/28/06 09:26 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
hockeydude42 Offline
hockeydude42
The rink.
That whole 'not shopping on Monday' deal is just as useless as all the 'don't buy gas for a day' ideas. Whats the point of not doing something for only one day, when you will just go and do it the next?

Here's the thing. A lot of the illegals may not pay taxes from their paychecks, but they do pay taxes when they go to the store, buy gas, etc...not totally defending them, just making a point that I dont usually see made.

Going to be interesting to see what happens here in Phoenix on Monday.

Return to Top
#540191 - 04/28/06 09:54 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Many of the illegals do pay taxes. I have done taxes for a number of them the have ITINs and a fake SSN. The money collected for SS is never paid out, since the it is a fake. They have income taxes taken out of their paychecks. I have even had some declare cash income and pay taxes on it. Most if not many of the people have more than one job.

As far as I know, in this area they are not able to collect welfare or use food stamps.

Return to Top
#540192 - 04/28/06 10:04 PM Re: Goodbye Sweet America!!!
hockeydude42 Offline
hockeydude42
The rink.
Interesting to see that some of them are still filing and declaring that income!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3