Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#540610 - 05/01/06 12:35 PM Posting Guidelines
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Read #14.

Personal attacks are not allowed. I am so tired of seeing petty, anonymous and unregistered posts and even registered users who act like children. If the posting rules cannot be followed, you should reconsider your professional behavior. Think of this as a time for introspection and see if that is who you really want to be. And if it is, please do that elsewhere.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#540611 - 05/01/06 08:38 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you're coming back to read your post, its gone.
Last edited by Andy Z; 05/01/06 09:09 PM.
Return to Top
#540612 - 05/01/06 10:07 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why is it gone - you do look tired, it's a generational issue. Don't post this garage if you don't want posters to respond. If you cannot take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Return to Top
#540613 - 05/01/06 10:15 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

Don't post this garage

dang it andy, quit posting garages!!!

Return to Top
#540614 - 05/01/06 10:18 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
lawmansbabe Offline
Gold Star
Oklahoma
Quote:

Quote:

Don't post this garage

Now I have tea all over my screen!!! Thanks for the good laugh!!

Return to Top
#540615 - 05/01/06 10:19 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Don't post this garage

Now I have tea all over my screen!!! Thanks for the good laugh!!

Oops...

Return to Top
#540616 - 05/01/06 10:28 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

Why is it gone - you do look tired, it's a generational issue. Don't post this garage if you don't want posters to respond. If you cannot take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Guess you already got the hint on your typo. Actually, I can lock this thread. But then I will be telling and there will be no exchange of ideas. I hope I don't have to lock it. I hope more people will post intelligently. The cooler is a great place to build a community. The problem is, the community is depreciating. We, you and I, don't want that to happen.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#540617 - 05/01/06 10:43 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
-A- Offline
Gold Star
-A-
the good ole south
Is that a much younger pic of you Andy?

Return to Top
#540618 - 05/01/06 10:50 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
no, if i am not mistaken, it is a very new pic of andy

Return to Top
#540619 - 05/01/06 10:51 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

It's Andy after a very successful weight loss.

Return to Top
#540620 - 05/01/06 11:39 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have mistaken my comments for a debate.
Last edited by Andy Z; 05/02/06 01:09 AM.
Return to Top
#540621 - 05/01/06 11:40 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
-A- Offline
Gold Star
-A-
the good ole south
Quote:

Joking!

Return to Top
#540622 - 05/02/06 02:47 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Guess you already got the hint on your typo. Actually, I can lock this thread. But then I will be telling and there will be no exchange of ideas. I hope I don't have to lock it. I hope more people will post intelligently. The cooler is a great place to build a community. The problem is, the community is depreciating. We, you and I, don't want that to happen.

The community is "depreciating" - Andy, you've sent too much time in the banking world, time to give it up. When a bank starts to go down hill, someone steps in to make things happen - primarily they axe the people that are causing the problem, they don't send messages telling everyone that they are "depreciating," also. Just do you job, one at a time.

Return to Top
#540623 - 05/02/06 03:02 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Looks like the anon is giving you a good place to start, Andy.

Return to Top
#540624 - 05/02/06 03:05 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
show some respect. andy has let a lot go. he has been very helpful to us and let us all -myself included- get by with alot more than most. this place can be shut down at anytime, so show some respect. it was only asked to quit the personal attacks, i don't think that is too much to ask.

Return to Top
#540625 - 05/02/06 03:16 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I have to agree with Slick. We have gotten away with too much (myself included) and things have really gone downhill. I feel we owe a certain amount of respect to Andy and I have no idea why this anon is reacting so negatively to a relatively benign request.

Return to Top
#540626 - 05/02/06 03:19 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

The community is "depreciating" - Andy, you've sent too much time in the banking world, time to give it up. When a bank starts to go down hill, someone steps in to make things happen - primarily they axe the people that are causing the problem, they don't send messages telling everyone that they are "depreciating," also. Just do you job, one at a time.

Andy, I know where the first axe needs to fall...but you are probably too busy "do you job" to deal with it. Maybe you can get BOL to add a spell and grammar check so the trolls can look halfway intelligent...

Ah, civility...I just love it.

Return to Top
#540627 - 05/02/06 03:24 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's funny how the 'depreciated' folk tend to gather, so Andy, start with happygilmore, sweetpeas and slick chick - that will go a long way to stop site 'depreciation.' Andy, just to your job, is that asking too much? You are getting paid.

Return to Top
#540628 - 05/02/06 03:32 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Asking people to be civil in an online forum which is open to anyone is hopeful at best. As long as posters can send a message without identifying themselves, it is (in my opinion) a head banging against a wall waste of time.

I mean you can ask until your blue in the face, but there will always be unregistered anons who enjoy sparring.

I only say this, Andy, because I believe it is a cycle that will not end until unregistered anons are not allowed to post. Until then, I doubt there is a solution, since I am sure you have better things to do that to delete pissy posts.

Of course, you could always deputize 50 of us to have the power to delete - let the madness begin!

Return to Top
#540629 - 05/02/06 03:36 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

Asking people to be civil in an online forum which is open to anyone is hopeful at best. As long as posters can send a message without identifying themselves, it is (in my opinion) a head banging against a wall waste of time.

I mean you can ask until your blue in the face, but there will always be unregistered anons who enjoy sparring.

I only say this, Andy, because I believe it is a cycle that will not end until unregistered anons are not allowed to post. Until then, I doubt there is a solution, since I am sure you have better things to do that to delete pissy posts.

Of course, you could always deputize 50 of us to have the power to delete - let the madness begin !

Wow cubdave that is a scary thought lol

Return to Top
#540630 - 05/02/06 03:39 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
Quote:

Andy, just to your job

This poor guy is having trouble getting it out right, isn't he.

Return to Top
#540631 - 05/02/06 03:44 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Andy, just to your job

This poor guy is having trouble getting it out right, isn't he.

He's having lots of trouble with many things.

Return to Top
#540632 - 05/02/06 04:04 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Of course, you could always deputize 50 of us to have the power to delete - let the madness begin!

You are right - huge head! But, Andy is clueless as a moderator from another generation. He's looking more for an old folks site but is ending up with banking bottom feeders.

Return to Top
#540633 - 05/02/06 04:06 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Anon-troll, put down the shovel and back away from the hole.

Return to Top
#540634 - 05/02/06 04:07 PM Re: Posting Guidelines
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
Are these anons just trying to be ironic by personally attacking a person who said to END personal attacks in the forums?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2