Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#541310 - 05/01/06 10:59 PM Training Logs
calbers Offline
New Poster
Does anyone know the period of time that you are to keep your training logs?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#541311 - 05/02/06 01:56 PM Re: Training Logs
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
No official time period. What I've always done is to trash the logs after our compliance exam in which this was requested.

Return to Top
#541312 - 05/02/06 01:58 PM Re: Training Logs
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I would retain prior exam, and get rid of that after next exam - I have had them ask for info in between exams. You just never know.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#541313 - 05/02/06 02:01 PM Re: Training Logs
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
I agree that after a compliance exam, most information is probably not needed - we're already working on the next exam - but I've always wondered about other training that might be get brought up in a disciplinary action or legal matter - such as robbery, sexual harassment training - I've always felt I should hang on to those logs for as long as possible - thoughts on that topic?

Return to Top
#541314 - 05/02/06 03:36 PM Training Logs
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
I would have to agree with the others- If you've gone through a regulatory exam and your training was reviewed there would be no other need, unless for peace of mind. Should you go through an external audit after an exam I would indicate it was just reviewed. You could also file them in storage with an 18-24 month retention schedule if you felt you wanted to go this route.

Return to Top