Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#541659 - 05/02/06 03:57 PM SFHD new form
bcastle Offline
100 Club
Springfield, Illinois (Souther...
A previous determination may not be reused when making a new loan. If the loan is not new i.e. the transaction pertains to increasing, extending, renewing or purchasing an existing loan the determination can be reused if:

1. It is less than 7 years
2. If no remapping has occurred

My question is now that there is a new Standard Flood Hazard Determination, is a new flood hazard determation required when the loan is not new solely on the basis that a new form has been released?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#541660 - 05/02/06 05:33 PM Re: SFHD new form
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
No. Your determination would be on the designated SFHDF form at the time is was obtained.

Return to Top
#541661 - 05/03/06 05:20 PM Re: SFHD new form
murphysgirl Offline
Gold Star
murphysgirl
Home of the Red Sox
Dan- about the new form, our Flood Dets vendor does not have the new form loaded up for our flood dets as of today. We inquired as to why and they turned it over to their legal department to get a clarification from FEMA as to the new form and when it is supposed to be used. It was my impression that it is to be used upon release and since the previous form expired 10/31/05 it would seem that our vendor should have been on top of this on 4/28/06. Am I wrong?

Return to Top
#541662 - 05/03/06 06:17 PM Re: SFHD new form
flood_guy Offline
flood_guy
Quote:

Dan- about the new form, our Flood Dets vendor does not have the new form loaded up for our flood dets as of today. We inquired as to why and they turned it over to their legal department to get a clarification from FEMA as to the new form and when it is supposed to be used. It was my impression that it is to be used upon release and since the previous form expired 10/31/05 it would seem that our vendor should have been on top of this on 4/28/06. Am I wrong?

In the past something to the extent of a 10 week grace period has been instituted. I haven't seen the exact date yet, but you don't need to worry whatsoever.

Come June 18th (just an example) if it is not in place you need to switch flood vendors

Return to Top
#541663 - 05/03/06 06:26 PM Re: SFHD new form
murphysgirl Offline
Gold Star
murphysgirl
Home of the Red Sox
Thanks Floodguy- I was concerned- I looked at FEMA's site but there did not seem to be any quidance- as to exact date. Thanks again.

Return to Top
#541664 - 05/03/06 08:07 PM Re: SFHD new form
flood_guy Offline
flood_guy
Message from FEMA. I don't think it is posted anywhere but they responded to an email of ours.

The SFHDF (FEMA Form 81-93) has a revised expiration date of October 31, 2008 and was approved for use, effective December 2005. There were no changes to the format or content of the SFHDF.

"An electronic version of the SFHDF and instructions are available on the FEMA website at http://www.fema.gov/business/nfip/forms.shtm. To allow users of the time to update their systems to the new version, the effective date for mandatory use of the new Form is July 1, 2006. Although the old version (expiration date October 31, 2005) of the SFHDF is no longer available for distribution, existing copies may be used until June 30, 2006. SFHDFs completed on or after July 1, 2006, must be completed using the new form, for compliance purposes."

Return to Top
#541665 - 05/10/06 12:09 PM Re: SFHD new form
Pickles Offline
Gold Star
Beach Bum, East Coast, USA
July 1st is the date to start using the new form

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z