Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#542451 - 05/03/06 03:47 PM Presentation of BSA risk assessment?
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Just wondering how others are compiling their BSA risk assessments.

I've just taken over the compliance department at a small bank and I am reviewing the risk assessment and making sure it is complete. The previous guy here just had the assessment in a giant file. I'm thinking a binder with tabbed sections might work better for me, plus be easier to hand over to the OCC.

What have you all done with yours???

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#542452 - 05/03/06 04:02 PM Re: Presentation of BSA risk assessment?
hawkfan Offline
We basically have a four page report that details our risk assessment. We keep a 'working file' (manilla folder) for all the supporting documentation. A binder with tabbed sections would probably work just as good. We probably will give the examiners our risk assessment, and if he/she asks for supporting documentation - then we will give that to them as well.

Return to Top
#542453 - 05/03/06 04:15 PM Re: Presentation of BSA risk assessment?
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Hmmm...how many people out there have received an examination by your regulators, given them your BSA risk assessment summary report, and had them ask for the supporting documentation? Any of you regulated by the OCC--how has the OCC been treating the risk assessment?

Return to Top
#542454 - 05/03/06 04:43 PM Re: Presentation of BSA risk assessment?
hawkfan Offline
Sorry, we are regulated by the FDIC. Our risk assessment pretty much details the supporting documentation or it is self-explanatory (products, size, etc.). We have not had an exam yet this year, so we have not decided whether or not to give them only the report or the report with supporting documentation. I would think they would tell you what they want when they request it. Can't help much with the OCC handling of this.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z