In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

you may not want to know some of us...

Return to Top
#543465 - 05/05/06 10:37 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
If anyone wants to talk about this PM me. Now the thread is all about personal crap and I'm not interested.

Return to Top
#543466 - 05/05/06 10:48 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
strongbad Offline
Gold Star
strongbad
Arkansas
then why are you posting?

I mean thats like when my friend calls me to tell me she's not speaking to me.
Last edited by strongbad; 05/05/06 10:49 PM.

Return to Top
#543467 - 05/05/06 10:52 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

then why are you posting?

I mean thats like when my friend calls me to tell me she's not speaking to me.

I would like to continue the conversation about the Spanish version of the NA, but since people just started being bitchy everyone else is not going to post. I wasn't talking to you, I was speaking to any of the people who were having a conversation before it went South.

Return to Top
#543468 - 05/05/06 11:01 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Compliments of one of my favorite comedians.

This is a human thing. We only like to learn a little bit of a song. We can’t be bothered. Yeah. The American national anthem I’ve noticed is a bit hazy in the middle!

Cause it starts strong and you finish strong, but the middle bit’s a bit, “And fish in the sky, and a big monkey pie…” I’ve seen guys up there, halfway through, just losing it. “What the f@%$ is it?” “I came second, I’m from Turkey – I don’t know! Would you like some furniture?”

But you do sing the national anthem – I’ve seen you singing the national anthem, and I’ve worked out how to do it. If you look – if you’re lost in the middle of it and you’re singing the words, you know, because – it – the tenor systems at big stadiums, you know, it – it doesn’t matter, wherever you’re singing it. All that people care about is – is the look – because th – th – there’s figures on this – 70% of what people react to is the look, you know, it’s how you look; and there’s about – 20% is whi – about how you sound; and only 10% is what you say. So if you look good and sound good, just up there going, “*gibberish to a few bars of The Star Spangled Banner*” Big mouth! “[more gibberish to a few more bars]” The eyes! “[more gibberish]” Use that! “[more gibberish]” And keep confirming and denying things. “[more gibberish, up to the words ‘star spangled banner yet wave’]” Everyone will go wild!

Return to Top
#543469 - 05/05/06 11:06 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
As I see it.... the debate about the Spanish version of the NA is starting to be like the dead horse... no need in the continuous beating... all have said their parts and are moving on with the other topics in the news...let's get this horse back to the barn.

Return to Top
#543470 - 05/05/06 11:33 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

holy crap! i am being TOO intellectually honest i think, j. i am talking about something people hate to admit exists.

Return to Top
#543471 - 05/05/06 11:44 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

holy crap! i am being TOO intellectually honest i think, j. i am talking about something people hate to admit exists.

And that's really the issue. If we can't admit something exists then they is no way to make any progress on the subject. Like I said in another thread ... we all have to be willing to give a little. One side capitulating is never going to solve the issue.

Return to Top
#543472 - 05/06/06 12:17 AM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Anyone want to actually talk about the Spanish language version of the NA or is it all about being a [censored] now?

Wow, the queen of not discussing the issues speaks like this.

translation: duhhhhhhh

Return to Top
#543473 - 05/06/06 01:08 AM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
What did that post add to the topic? Nothing. If you think your little schtick makes me feel bad, you are so wrong. It only enforces what I already know about myself and people like you. It's an ignorant man who has to put others down to feel good about himself.

Return to Top
#543474 - 05/06/06 05:48 AM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

What did that post add to the topic? Nothing. If you think your little schtick makes me feel bad, you are so wrong. It only enforces what I already know about myself and people like you. It's an ignorant man who has to put others down to feel good about himself.

then why do you keep responding, and are you sure I'm male

Return to Top
#543475 - 05/06/06 07:31 AM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

What did that post add to the topic? Nothing.

So, tell me SP, at what point in time have you ever created a post that added anything to any topic other than your snide remarks??? Perhaps you should just stop spewing your communist Kool Aid around here!

Return to Top
#543476 - 05/06/06 12:56 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

So, tell me SP, at what point in time have you ever created a post that added anything to any topic other than your snide remarks??? Perhaps you should just stop spewing your communist Kool Aid around here!

That was completely uncalled for.

Return to Top
#543477 - 05/06/06 08:51 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That was completely uncalled for.

Not really, many of us stand behind him. How many [censored] threads do we have to discuss this with you. You just jump in and add some snide remark.

Return to Top
#543478 - 05/06/06 10:37 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Please, if you can't (or won't) respond to the topic, can you all just go start another thread to argue about rude postings in rather than highjack and ruin thread after thread with he said/she saids?

My thanks to all who commented on the topic. I started it to learn something on this subject and I feel I have.

Return to Top
#543479 - 05/06/06 10:49 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah sp

Return to Top
#543480 - 05/07/06 01:29 AM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm with TF. Whenever something is posted anywhere in this forum that has actual content. A small group who really have nothing to contribute, try to pump up their self importance by posting nothing more than cr*p. Is it because you just aren't intelligent enough to contribute to a legitimate discussion.

The comments being posted certainly are not indicative of professional bankers. Just kids playing in a sand box and arguing over the toys. Do any of you have the slightest idea how totally silly, immature and pathetic you look, when its obvious how ignorant you are of real issues.

Do you think your identities are not known. Would you like the world to know (or your bank) what your character really is? That all you can do is regurgitate rumors, political party line talking points, leftest propanga, and more importantly lack the mental capacity to act professionally.

Could any of you go at least one week without being idiots in this forum? BOL could give out the moron of the year award but right now too many qualify for it.

Of course not one of you will accept my comments and as usual will undoubtedly start the drivel. So line up kids so the the immature, childish, nothing to contribute list can be created. OR can you have a decent conversation about it.

Return to Top
#543481 - 05/07/06 03:52 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

leftest propanga

Return to Top
#543482 - 05/07/06 05:07 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

leftest propanga

Quote:

you just aren't intelligent enough to contribute

Return to Top
#543483 - 05/07/06 11:51 PM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

No, you would love for rampant, wide-spread racism to exist among conservatives. Your previous snarky stereotypes of conservatives shows this. You would love to be able to prove that the reason conservatives oppose illegal immigration is due to the color of someone's skin. Of course, you have zero evidence of this, and are willing to classify everyone on the other side of your argument based on the worst examples you can find, even though you would decry this tactic if anyone used it against the liberal side. Therefore, you have been designated "intellectually dishonest."

Quote:

we all have to be willing to give a little

I'm willing to give up everything I've gained from illegal immigration and begin enforcing the law.

Return to Top
#543484 - 05/08/06 12:08 AM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

j, i'm talking about what goes into some peoples' MO. i think xenophobia exists. i'm talking about enforcing the laws like you insist is going to require economic sacrifices in both the way businesses are run and from a tax consideration. xenophobia is worth this? we still need to allot a significant portion of our resources to the tip of the spear, right?

Right?

Return to Top
#543485 - 05/08/06 12:24 AM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
I think you are only in favor of illegal immigration because you hate America and you know that it harms our country.

Return to Top
#543486 - 05/08/06 01:14 AM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I think you are only in favor of illegal immigration because you hate America and you know that it harms our country.

uh oh, that must be it. it couldn't be that i see shades of gray in your black and white view of the issue.

Return to Top
#543487 - 05/08/06 02:33 AM Re: National Anthem in Spanish
Anonymous
Unregistered

For those that think that this "issue" is significant, the US Bureau of Education put out a Spanish version of the Star Spangled Banner in 1919! It really hasn't caused much damage in the last 87 years, has it? 1919 version

Return to Top
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21