Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#544173 - 05/05/06 04:28 PM My danged auto-correct!!!
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Ok, so I have my Outlook all set-up at work, but the auto-correct won't work when I'm typing a message. In fact, it won;t even underline the misspelled words for me! As you all know, this could be disasterous for me, what with my crazy typing

How can I fix this? I asked our IT lady but she just did the same things I did to fix it without any luck. Auto-correct is turned on and works when I type in Word. It is also turned on in Outlook with the settings I want. I tried turning it off and then back on--no luck. I tried not using Word to edit emails--no luck. Turned back on Word to edit emails--no luck. What's the deal!?

I will forever be greatful to whoever can help me fix this problem!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#544174 - 05/05/06 04:32 PM Re: My danged auto-correct!!!
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Ok, so I have my Outlook all set-up at work, but the auto-correct won't work when I'm typing a message. In fact, it won;t even underline the misspelled words for me! As you all know, this could be disasterous for me, what with my crazy typing

How can I fix this? I asked our IT lady but she just did the same things I did to fix it without any luck. Auto-correct is turned on and works when I type in Word. It is also turned on in Outlook with the settings I want. I tried turning it off and then back on--no luck. I tried not using Word to edit emails--no luck. Turned back on Word to edit emails--no luck. What's the deal!?

I will forever be greatful to whoever can help me fix this problem!!!

Ask Bimmer.. he might be able to assit ya...

Return to Top
#544175 - 05/05/06 04:35 PM Re: My danged auto-correct!!!
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Go to tools, Options, Mail Format tab. Click in the Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages box. That should take care of it.

Return to Top
#544176 - 05/05/06 04:38 PM Re: My danged auto-correct!!!
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Oops. Try the Spelling tab, make sure auto spell check is enabled.

Return to Top
#544177 - 05/05/06 04:52 PM Re: My danged auto-correct!!!
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
ummm... i did that...read what i wrote...i did everythign me and the it lady could think of to fix it. stupid outlook...

Return to Top
#544178 - 05/05/06 05:09 PM Re: My danged auto-correct!!!
A_G Offline
10K Club
Dip - the same thing happened to me one day. All of a sudden outlook stopped doing autocorrect and stopped underlining my misspelled words. Now I just need to remember I have to go to Tools, Spelling before I send e-mails. And trust me I sometimes dont and people are like did you spell check this?

P.S - I just got your message from a few days ago...check your inbox soon.

Return to Top
#544179 - 05/06/06 02:18 AM Re: My danged auto-correct!!!
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
This happens to me in groupwise every now and then. Usually rebooting takes care of it.

Return to Top