Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#545294 - 05/09/06 06:48 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Geez, people! Does every post have to turn into a debate? I believe it was meant to be a lighthearted post. Bimmer said she didn't know if it was true or not. The rest of us took it lightly .... so lighten up!

Bimmer is a male...

My bad! HE meant it to be lightheartd. Better?

Thank you for clearing that up Search

Anon, you are absolutely correct, it was meant to be lighthearted, thank you

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#545295 - 05/09/06 06:48 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Geez, people! Does every post have to turn into a debate? I believe it was meant to be a lighthearted post. Bimmer said she didn't know if it was true or not. The rest of us took it lightly .... so lighten up!

Bimmer is a male...

totally....

Return to Top
#545296 - 05/09/06 06:49 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bimmer is a male...

Thank you for clearing that up Search

Anon, you are absolutely correct, it was meant to be lighthearted, thank you

Anytime Bimmer...

Return to Top
#545297 - 05/09/06 06:49 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Well thanks Ted. As I said, I didn't know if there was any truth to it. Didn't have a chance to check it out on Snopes yet myself.

Wait a minute. You had a chance to post it, but you didn't have a chance to check it out? I'm afraid the logic of that statement escapes me.

That's because you are lame.

Return to Top
#545298 - 05/09/06 06:57 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
RVFlyboy Online
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well thanks Ted. As I said, I didn't know if there was any truth to it. Didn't have a chance to check it out on Snopes yet myself.

Wait a minute. You had a chance to post it, but you didn't have a chance to check it out? I'm afraid the logic of that statement escapes me.

That's because you are lame.

Such wit!

Return to Top
#545299 - 05/09/06 07:05 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
I have to stick up for MagicBanker here ("oh, please don't", he says). While this may be a more or less benign example, there have been threads in the recent past where posters have put up something extremely inflammatory "just quoting an email I got." People react predictably to the flame-bait while the poster gets defensive "*I* didn't say that *I* thought that, it was just in the email." The threads never go well.

Take a little responsibility, for pity's sake.

Return to Top
#545300 - 05/09/06 07:12 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I have to stick up for MagicBanker here ("oh, please don't", he says). While this may be a more or less benign example, there have been threads in the recent past where posters have put up something extremely inflammatory "just quoting an email I got." People react predictably to the flame-bait while the poster gets defensive "*I* didn't say that *I* thought that, it was just in the email." The threads never go well.

Exactly, if you post something and don't specifically say you are opposed to the contents why wouldn't someone assume you are posting it because you agree. Checking on Snopes isn't very difficult to do.

Return to Top
#545301 - 05/09/06 07:13 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
RVFlyboy Online
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Quote:

I have to stick up for MagicBanker here

Return to Top
#545302 - 05/09/06 07:21 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess it was just a matter of time before the Mouthpieces for the Communist party reared their ugly heads!

Return to Top
#545303 - 05/09/06 07:22 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

Quote:

Bimmer is a male...

Well, I looked it up, and according to Snopes, Bimmer is NOT a male. That's just another urban legend.

Return to Top
#545304 - 05/09/06 07:24 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bimmer is a male...

Well, I looked it up, and according to Snopes, Bimmer is NOT a male. That's just another urban legend.

LOL.. well the Bimmer that visits this site ... is def a male... snopes is wrong about the Bimmer I know...

Return to Top
#545305 - 05/09/06 07:32 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not only is he male, he is def, too!

Return to Top
#545306 - 05/09/06 07:34 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Not only is he male, he is def, too!

do you mean to say... deaf? LOL...

I was using my shorthand... for the word... definitely....

Return to Top
#545307 - 05/09/06 07:39 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
New name for a rock group:

Def Bimmer

Return to Top
#545308 - 05/09/06 07:51 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

New name for a rock group:

Def Bimmer

Return to Top
#545309 - 05/09/06 07:59 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
I'm confused. So is Bimmer male or female?

Return to Top
#545310 - 05/09/06 07:59 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

I'm confused. So is Bimmer male or female?

That Girl... Bimmer is MALE...

Return to Top
#545311 - 05/09/06 08:01 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
ooohhhhhhhh, okay.

Return to Top
#545312 - 05/09/06 08:02 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

ooohhhhhhhh, okay.

Return to Top
#545313 - 05/09/06 08:46 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

Quote:

Exactly, if you post something and don't specifically say you are opposed to the contents why wouldn't someone assume you are posting it because you agree. Checking on Snopes isn't very difficult to do.

Thank you MB for stepping up to the plate and calling Bimmer out. I was thinking the same thing, just got in on the conversation much later.

For those of you defending Bimmer by saying he was just having fun, would you want someone printing falsehoods about you because they might be funny? I don't care if the person is on the left or the right, there is usually enough factual news to reprint that you don't have to print lies and junk. It really discredits you.

Return to Top
#545314 - 05/09/06 08:53 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
I still love ya Bimmer...

Isn't it everyday we see this type of thing in the news... misleadings... people understanding and viewing things differently.... we just deal with it... and move on...

Return to Top
#545315 - 05/09/06 09:09 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You just can't win for losing with some of the posters here, Bimmer. Don't sweat it!

Return to Top
#545316 - 05/09/06 09:12 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
bimmer, who cares??? don't worry about it. i have read many posts that started with: i don't how true this is but...., nobody flipped out over those...don't see what the big deal is. just ignore...

Return to Top
#545317 - 05/09/06 09:26 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you MB for stepping up to the plate and calling Bimmer out. I was thinking the same thing, just got in on the conversation much later.

For those of you defending Bimmer by saying he was just having fun, would you want someone printing falsehoods about you because they might be funny? I don't care if the person is on the left or the right, there is usually enough factual news to reprint that you don't have to print lies and junk. It really discredits you.

I definately see an age/culture thing here. Boomers as opposed to Gen y and x. I don't see it as one side against another, just different ways we boomers were taught and how we see things. We are not putting you down, we are just more careful of "insulting" others. That's not even a good word but the only one I can think of at the moment, you know, old brain and all.

Return to Top
#545318 - 05/09/06 09:53 PM Re: Do you know who I am?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is how life is when you are famous, true or false. If you don't want people talking about you, stay out of the limelight! I recall a thread not too long ago knocking Tom Cruise for his behavior the past year. Everyone chimed in on that one, and who knows if half of those comments were true or false?! Oh well!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5