BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#548176 - 05/17/06 01:41 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
The band has been too loud too. At times, they completely drown out the singers. It's very distracting.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#548177 - 05/17/06 02:21 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
Hey BF, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't call me stupid and shortsighted for saying that I will not watch Idol anymore if Katherine wins. In my opinion, if she wins it all it would be a travesty because she is not that good. Its different then being invested in a Sports team. I would never give up on the Celtics because of one loss or twenty years without a Championship. But I can give up on a contest on a television show if I think its not entertaining anymore.

BTW: As a Bengals fan you should be mourning the loss of one of your greatest Tight Ends. Dan Ross died of a heart attack yesterday at age 49. He was quite a player.

Return to Top
#548178 - 05/17/06 02:26 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Taylor's version of The Boss was the most god awful thing I have ever listened to, and it wasn't really his fault. The band killed that song. What was up with the lazy sax? Taylor's singing was ok on it, but with the bad band work, it was something I just wanted to turn off. His version of You are so Beautiful was great, but his other song was average. Honestly, the main reason I don't want him to win at this point is that he acts like a drunk uncle up there on stage. SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO. What's up with his inability to do his thing and let it go? The Hicks fans around here talk about Katharine being immature, well, this whole Soul Patrol insanity is the epitome of immaturity and arrogance. Why aren't you upset with him about it?

You must not be watching the same Taylor I watch. There is nothing arrogant about that man! The man I have been watching loves his music and gives it all 100% all of the time. Soul Patrol, Soul Patrol, WOOOO!!!

Return to Top
#548179 - 05/17/06 02:44 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

The band has been too loud too. At times, they completely drown out the singers. It's very distracting.

I can't remember which song it was, but while Elliott was singing it, I was thinking that he should have done it as a simple blues number with a drummer, a bass player, a guitarist, and maybe one or two horns. Instead, he had what was essentially a full orchestra. I think it is probably hard for a new artist to resist a full orchestra when it is offered. Most new artists are not given a budget that allows them to hire a full orchestra. That being said, I'd love to see Elliott show some discretion and guts and just sing with minimal backup; maybe even with just an accoustic guitarist. His voice is his best asset; he doesn't need to hide it behind an orchestra. If he just can't resist a full orchestra, he needs to turn up his mic.

Return to Top
#548180 - 05/17/06 02:50 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Quote:

Maybe you should audition for the next show, That Girl!

I exceed the age limit by a great deal but I am hoping that someday my daughter will try. She has great potential for AI. but she is only 16 and I think that is too young. Maybe when she 20......

Return to Top
#548181 - 05/17/06 02:52 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Hey BF, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't call me stupid and shortsighted for saying that I will not watch Idol anymore if Katherine wins. In my opinion, if she wins it all it would be a travesty because she is not that good. Its different then being invested in a Sports team. I would never give up on the Celtics because of one loss or twenty years without a Championship. But I can give up on a contest on a television show if I think its not entertaining anymore.

BTW: As a Bengals fan you should be mourning the loss of one of your greatest Tight Ends. Dan Ross died of a heart attack yesterday at age 49. He was quite a player.

First of all, she is obviously that good if she even made the top 10. Everyone who made the top 10 is good enough to make an album and win Idol and make millions. We each have our individual tastes, and you are entitled to not like her style. That's fine. I don't like Taylor's style. That doesn't mean he's not good. He's just not my preferred choice. But to say if he wins, and I don't personally care for him that he's no good and I'll never watch again is indeed myopic and silly. No matter who you like, whether they win or not, if there is someone you enjoyed listening to week after week, the show is worth watching, no matter who wins. Each season will bring new faces, new voices, and new debate about which style and singer are the best. Not everyone you want to win will win. We all have different musical tastes. It's not like Katharine is William Hung or something. Or are you saying you haven't been entertained at all?

As for Dan Ross, I hadn't heard the news. Do you have a link to more information on this? It hasn't hit the local news at all yet!

Return to Top
#548182 - 05/17/06 02:56 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The majority of her songs have been slow songs and anyones voice can sound good if they sing it slow. I can sing just as good as that.

Oh, how I wish that was true for me. I don't think a slow song is easier to sing than a fast song. It's much more difficult for me to control my voice on a slow song with long notes than a fast song with short notes. Maybe you should audition for the next show, That Girl!

No, its true. That's why Mozart operas are so easy to sing!

"Cosi fan Tutti" Rules!

Return to Top
#548183 - 05/17/06 03:00 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Quote:

Quote:

Taylor's version of The Boss was the most god awful thing I have ever listened to, and it wasn't really his fault. The band killed that song. What was up with the lazy sax? Taylor's singing was ok on it, but with the bad band work, it was something I just wanted to turn off. His version of You are so Beautiful was great, but his other song was average. Honestly, the main reason I don't want him to win at this point is that he acts like a drunk uncle up there on stage. SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO. What's up with his inability to do his thing and let it go? The Hicks fans around here talk about Katharine being immature, well, this whole Soul Patrol insanity is the epitome of immaturity and arrogance. Why aren't you upset with him about it?

You must not be watching the same Taylor I watch. There is nothing arrogant about that man! The man I have been watching loves his music and gives it all 100% all of the time. Soul Patrol, Soul Patrol, WOOOO!!!

I'm with you on that Anon- and sign me up for Soul Patrol!

I don't like hearing that Elliott might be the one going home - he has worked so hard and he has come through- AGAIN- we all have different opinions and likes- but I still say send home the one that hasn't given 100% in performances all season- and don't call her the next Kelly Clarkson- that girl will never measure up to her.

Return to Top
#548184 - 05/17/06 03:02 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"

Return to Top
#548185 - 05/17/06 03:04 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

Taylor was great on all three of his songs last night. I really liked "You Are So Beautiful". Nice, nice job.

I thought "Try a Little Tenderness" was a little lackluster vocally. (He's certainly not in the same league as Otis.) But, I agree, Taylor did a *great* job with "You Are So Beautiful." That's one my favorite Billy Preston songs.

Quote:

Elliott is one of my favorites but he had an off-night last night. I hope, very much, that the votes are off of the entire season and not just last night because he was very tight. Nerves!

I only saw his last two, but yeah, his pitch was kind of rough around the edges. He *looked* sharp, though.

Quote:

I thought Katharine did a really good job on her second choice but I didn't care for her first or third choice - particularly her third choice. I didn't like that at all! Very shrill and too much yodeling for me.

I agree, Katharine's last song was just pretty good. Sometimes she reminded me a little of Linda Rondstadt with those little vocal inflections, but I wouldn't say she yodeled. But she totally nailed "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."

Return to Top
#548186 - 05/17/06 03:26 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
mariposa Offline
100 Club
the Golden State
I think it's Taylor's contest to lose, but he's now going overboard with the "Soul Patrol" bit.

Return to Top
#548187 - 05/17/06 03:45 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looking at the way Paula acts and the dumb things she says is what will turn me against AI.....not the winner. I can't stand to watch her....why do they keep her?

Return to Top
#548188 - 05/17/06 04:22 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Looking at the way Paula acts and the dumb things she says is what will turn me against AI.....not the winner. I can't stand to watch her....why do they keep her?

Because she is funny to watch. My 10 year old kept waiting for her boobs to pop out of her dress last night!

Return to Top
#548189 - 05/17/06 04:26 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Anonymous
Unregistered

SOUL PATROL, SOUL PATROL, SOUL PATROL!!!!!

Return to Top
#548190 - 05/17/06 04:29 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Was it just me or did anyone else notice that when Paula stood up to hug Simon, he had grabbed her right hand to keep her from grabbing his crotch area??? She is so losing it. She makes such a fool out of herself and I think she is a disgrace to the show. Why is she studdering so much to get her words out of her mouth? hmmm......

Return to Top
#548191 - 05/17/06 04:31 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Anonymous
Unregistered

Because she is always doped up on something. One night she's high, the other she's down. Talk about a basket case!

Return to Top
#548192 - 05/17/06 04:44 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

She makes such a fool out of herself and I think she is a disgrace to the show.

OK, let's say Paula gets the ax. Who should be her replacement?

I nominate Madonna!

Return to Top
#548193 - 05/17/06 04:46 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
Jessica Simpson! Then we could all laugh at the stupid things she says!
Oh, and have something nice to look at too lol

Return to Top
#548194 - 05/17/06 04:51 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Clive Davis. I mean come on, why only use him one episode a season?

Return to Top
#548195 - 05/17/06 04:58 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Did any of you try to vote last night? I couldn't get through at all...

Return to Top
#548196 - 05/17/06 05:02 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Quote:

Quote:

I nominate Madonna!

Thats going from bad to worse!!!

Return to Top
#548197 - 05/17/06 05:09 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I think that Tina Turner ought to replace Paula.

Return to Top
#548198 - 05/17/06 05:10 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

I nominate Madonna!

Katharine may needs something to do after tonight.

Return to Top
#548199 - 05/17/06 05:31 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got through no problem, which I thought was odd but maybe it was because there were three numbers to call for each. Go Elliott! buh-bye Katherine(hopefully)!

Return to Top
#548200 - 05/17/06 05:35 PM Re: American Idol - May 16
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
she should be replaced with someone a little catty I volunteer to take her place.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6