BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#549524 - 05/17/06 03:08 PM Vacation Time
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
I am so ready for my vacation that I am counting the days. Only 10 more days....woo hoo!!!!

My daughter is going to the UIL state competition in New Braunfels, Texas. We will be heading to San Antonio for a week after that. Everyone cross your fingers and say a prayer that she will come home with a superior rating. This is the best you can get.

Anyone from the San Antonio area? Beside the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and Sea World, are there any other things to do there? Not really interested in Fiesta Texas either.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#549525 - 05/17/06 03:17 PM Re: Vacation Time
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Sounds like fun! I am sorry to say that I have never been to San Antonio, but when my dad when he had no problem finding things to do.

I leave in 7 days for a Disney Cruise and I can hardly wait!!

Return to Top
#549526 - 05/17/06 03:22 PM Re: Vacation Time
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
Nice, New Braunfels is alot of fun this time of year. I've actually been planning to go there some time this summer for a weekend. Its about the cheapest vacation you could go on too, last time I went I spent right over $100 for 3 and a half days there. Hard to beat floating down the river drinking beer with some of the most friendly people you'll ever meet

Return to Top
#549527 - 05/17/06 03:25 PM Re: Vacation Time
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I am going to Puerto Vallarta for 8 days, and 7 nights in July for my honeymoon. Woo hoo!!!

Return to Top
#549528 - 05/17/06 03:27 PM Re: Vacation Time
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
Quote:

I am going to Puerto Vallarta for 8 days, and 7 nights in July for my honeymoon. Woo hoo!!!

Congrats! We went to Puerto Vallarta a few years ago. Had a good time.
We are laying low this summer. Have a trip to KC planned on Labor Day to see the Yankees play the Royals.

Return to Top
#549529 - 05/17/06 03:28 PM Re: Vacation Time
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
I need to get mine scheduled... I want to go somewhere... just not sure where... so I've not asked for my days yet... oh the decisions... hmm...

Return to Top
#549530 - 05/17/06 03:31 PM Re: Vacation Time
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Search, dont you sit around and wait for December again. You need to go when you can do something fun and exciting! Not when its cold and miserable outside.

Im also taking July 3-5 and we are heading to the lake to camp out, my favorite thing to do.

Return to Top
#549531 - 05/17/06 03:35 PM Re: Vacation Time
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
That Girl, of course you have the number one water park in the country Schlitterbahn or you can drive down a few miles and float the Guadalupe River (while your body shivers ).

Return to Top
#549532 - 05/17/06 03:42 PM Re: Vacation Time
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

Nice, New Braunfels is alot of fun this time of year. I've actually been planning to go there some time this summer for a weekend. Its about the cheapest vacation you could go on too, last time I went I spent right over $100 for 3 and a half days there. Hard to beat floating down the river drinking beer with some of the most friendly people you'll ever meet

I have never done this but would love to and have been wanting to, well since i left my job i won't be getting my vacation, well at least when i wanted to!! oh well i'm excited about the new position either way!!

Return to Top
#549533 - 05/17/06 03:43 PM Re: Vacation Time
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
Quote:

Quote:

I have never done this but would love to and have been wanting to, well since i left my job i won't be getting my vacation, well at least when i wanted to!! oh well i'm excited about the new position either way!!

Thats the best part, you dont need vacation since it isnt that far so its a great weekend trip

Return to Top
#549534 - 05/17/06 03:45 PM Re: Vacation Time
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thats the best part, you dont need vacation since it isnt that far so its a great weekend trip

yea your right, but i will def have to hitch a ride b/c yea my car probably wouldn't make it

Return to Top
#549535 - 05/17/06 03:48 PM Re: Vacation Time
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
I'm actually hoping I wont have to end up driving either, but its pretty easy for me to get out of driving since I have a small car that no one will want to ride in the back of for that long

Return to Top
#549536 - 05/17/06 03:49 PM Re: Vacation Time
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
lol yea tell me about it!! thats okay try riding in the back of a 240sx on a long trip thats even worse!!

Return to Top
#549537 - 05/17/06 03:52 PM Re: Vacation Time
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Search, dont you sit around and wait for December again. You need to go when you can do something fun and exciting! Not when its cold and miserable outside.

Im also taking July 3-5 and we are heading to the lake to camp out, my favorite thing to do.

I know... tell me about it.. but it was nice having a week off in Dec...

I just don't want to sit around the house this year... I want to go somewhere... and enjoy myself.

Return to Top
#549538 - 05/17/06 03:53 PM Re: Vacation Time
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
All of my vacation time this year will be taken with my maternity leave beginning in July. I won't be traveling anywhere, but I'll have a brand new baby at home!

Return to Top
#549539 - 05/17/06 04:20 PM Re: Vacation Time
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Congrats, Okie! Thats worth not taking a vacation this year but in about 3-4 yrs from now, you'll be taking a vacation to get away from the kids.

Return to Top
#549540 - 05/17/06 04:23 PM Re: Vacation Time
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Quote:

Quote:

I just don't want to sit around the house this year... I want to go somewhere... and enjoy myself.

Go see your brother in Austin. That would be fun. I've been watching The Ultimate Coyote Search and they have a bar there in Austin. I know thats not your scene, but I think it would be cool just to go and see them. Doesnt mean you have to drink anything. Im sure he would be glad to see you.

Return to Top
#549541 - 05/17/06 04:58 PM Re: Vacation Time
blue Offline
Platinum Poster
Search, I am not sure where in TX you are but I enjoyed the history of Galveston, the beach of South Padre Island, and San Antonio. If you want a trip to a not to distance state, we had a great time in Mobile and Daulphin Island but I am not sure how it all fared last year.
I am not a drinker but I enjoyed the pools, spas and shows in Las Vegas, hiking the Grand Canyon, the wine country of CA. I could go on forever. What interests you? I'll bet there are a lot of folks on BOL with great ideas.

Return to Top
#549542 - 05/17/06 05:29 PM Re: Vacation Time
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Go see your brother in Austin. That would be fun. I've been watching The Ultimate Coyote Search and they have a bar there in Austin. I know thats not your scene, but I think it would be cool just to go and see them. Doesnt mean you have to drink anything. Im sure he would be glad to see you.

Yes, I've thought about that.. and I asked him when he was gonna be going on vacation... and he's not sure... last year I waited for him as we were planning on going on vacation together....and well.. that didn't work out.. just don't want another year like that. But if all else fails.. I could go up and visit him for a few days.

Return to Top
#549543 - 05/17/06 05:37 PM Re: Vacation Time
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Search, I am not sure where in TX you are but I enjoyed the history of Galveston, the beach of South Padre Island, and San Antonio. If you want a trip to a not to distance state, we had a great time in Mobile and Daulphin Island but I am not sure how it all fared last year.
I am not a drinker but I enjoyed the pools, spas and shows in Las Vegas, hiking the Grand Canyon, the wine country of CA. I could go on forever. What interests you? I'll bet there are a lot of folks on BOL with great ideas.

I'm interested in just about anything... as long as 1. it's fun and 2. it's worth being interested in.

I've been to Galveston, Padre and San Antonio.. but it was years ago. I'd love to go somewhere exciting for vacation... whether another state or just here in Texas... but I just hate going by myself.

One year I was planning a trip with a friend...and she couldn't come up with the money after saying she could make the trip...I should have known something was up... because she didn't seem worried about anything..not worried about the flights... the motels... she just wanted me to book the flights and charge my credit card... and well.. I'm just not up for that kind of vacation. I mean if we are going on vacation... let's plan... have everything lined out...have your money before hand... so we can enjoy ourselves once we get to our destiniation...

Anyone else have suggestions?

Return to Top
#549544 - 05/17/06 05:47 PM Re: Vacation Time
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
There is a huge resort in Grapevine called ther Texan Gaylord Resort. I have never been there but I did pass by it when I was up there back in April. It is huge. It has all these stores in it for shopping, restaurants and more. I would like to go someday, but it is real expensive to stay there. It would be worth it though.

Return to Top
#549545 - 05/17/06 06:04 PM Re: Vacation Time
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

There is a huge resort in Grapevine called ther Texan Gaylord Resort. I have never been there but I did pass by it when I was up there back in April. It is huge. It has all these stores in it for shopping, restaurants and more. I would like to go someday, but it is real expensive to stay there. It would be worth it though.

Shopping? Hmmm... ::gazed eyes:: Shopping means MORE shoes... :drooling: LOL...

Return to Top
#549546 - 05/17/06 06:17 PM Re: Vacation Time
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

I need to get mine scheduled... I want to go somewhere... just not sure where... so I've not asked for my days yet... oh the decisions... hmm...

Chicago

Return to Top
#549547 - 05/17/06 06:28 PM Re: Vacation Time
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Chicago

aw, yes... the windy city...

Return to Top
#549548 - 05/17/06 06:45 PM Re: Vacation Time
blue Offline
Platinum Poster
In another thread I mentioned the Green Valley Spa in Utah. It's marvelous. I was quite athletic at the time and they had challenging activities but also active but not strenuous activities for other fitness levels. Each day started with a challenge and then pampering treatments in the afternoon. I went alone and had a great time. It was over 10 years ago and I still have friends from that trip.
Try the Calgary Stampede in Canada. Allegedly the world's richest rodeo purse, lots of men in cowboy attire, dancing, midway rides, etc. It's their version of Mardi Gras in cowboy boots. I had a truly wonderful time.
NYC is another world but worth going to. I suggest going with someone though. It's sort of overwhelming.
Grand Canyon is awesome. Lots of hiking, history, etc. Same goes for the Smokey Mountains.
I gush. I apologize. I am a born tourist!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2