Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#551364 - 05/19/06 04:14 PM Internet Gambling
RFitzpatrick Offline
Gold Star
RFitzpatrick
Pacific NW
Internet gambling is a felony in Washington State

The state has clarified that internet gambling is illegal in WA, and always has been. Are any of you doing something specific to identify and block gambling transactions? I've heard that you can block certain merchant codes through VISA, but blocking specific companies or countries is more difficult.

I figure it can't be long until Banks are required to "police" this for the state.

Return to Top
#551365 - 05/19/06 05:04 PM Re: Internet Gambling
Poohie Offline
100 Club
USA
Check out this thread being sure to continue on past page 1. http://www.bankersonline.com/ubbthreads/...&PHPSESSID=

Return to Top
#551366 - 05/24/06 08:17 PM Re: Internet Gambling
RFitzpatrick Offline
Gold Star
RFitzpatrick
Pacific NW
Thanks Poohie, I did see this thread and thats why I thought I would check the WA regs.

What I am having trouble with is that I get a "VISA Foreign activity" report and I may see transactions listed as being from country code "GBR" and from the Merchant "Paradise Poker". To me, that looks like internet gaming, but there are others that are not so obvious.

So I know that online gambling is illegal in Washington and if it is also against VISA rules, why do they allow these to process? They tell me that I can only block Merchant Codes and not specific countries or merchants. Do we have to police these customers and deactivate their debit cards? Some are not so obvious and I really don't want to get in the middle of an individual's personal choices and be the moral police.

Return to Top
#551367 - 05/30/06 12:05 PM Re: Internet Gambling
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Further action to more clearly prohibit internet gambling and processing.

Article
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top