Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options Tools
#55139 - 01/20/03 10:01 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
In reply to:

A man who know the week and day of the pregnancy...WOW...I am impressed. My husband would only be able to ballpark it!!

All depends on the events leading up to the occurance. My son is 27 and I still remember the night he was conceived.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#55140 - 01/21/03 01:21 AM Re: Pure Frivolity
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
We just finished with my boys b-days, the 16th and 20th, but 3 years apart. I like to say I have one good week a year. (Hmm, I must be posting on BOL the rest of the time.)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#55141 - 01/21/03 01:42 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Chicken. Cannot even THINK about chicken, and KFC ads make me gag (that could just be creepy Jason Alexander, though.) Also for a long time pizza, although that is going away, and red sauce.

Return to Top
#55142 - 01/21/03 01:44 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
LOL! Chocolate french fries is just a disgusting thought. And I am a chocoholic.

I can't watch CSI or Fear Factor during dinner. Ick. (But I love them both anyways. I do tend to watch CSI with my hands over my eyes at parts, though.)

Return to Top
#55143 - 01/21/03 01:55 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Congrats, David! and love your Scottie dog picture.

Return to Top
#55144 - 01/21/03 03:43 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
Dave M_TCA Offline
Platinum Poster
Dave M_TCA
Wherever my most benevolent em...
Thanks Brigette. Our baby (scottie) girl is going to have company. Should be interesting, in a whole freaked out sort of way.

Return to Top
#55145 - 01/21/03 03:58 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I can relate. Wondering how the kitties are going to do with the newcomer in our house. I'm sure everyone will adjust eventually.

Return to Top
#55146 - 01/21/03 04:14 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
In reply to:

I can relate. Wondering how the kitties are going to do with the newcomer in our house. I'm sure everyone will adjust eventually.

My girlfriend is a new aunt, and when her sister brings the baby over to her mom's house, grandma's two dogs are just fine with it. I think it's because the two dogs are loved on and given lots of attention, so they are used to people. If you give your pets plenty of attention, I don't think it will be a problem.

Return to Top
#55147 - 01/21/03 04:16 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Old friends of mine ended up having to put masking tape criss crossing over the babies crib so the cat wouldn't jump in(this was well before she had her daughter). It worked wonderfully and the cat learned to only go into the babies room when allowed. Make sure your kitties are declawed too!

Return to Top
#55148 - 01/21/03 04:38 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
OK, let's not get into the declaw issue here.....

There is a netting you can buy that fits over cribs and strollers and playards and stuff - I have that and intend to use it. I honestly don't think one kitty will have any problems at all, but the other one may take some convincing. She'll manage. We'll all be fine, I'm really not all that worried about it.

Return to Top
#55149 - 01/21/03 05:04 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
Dave M_TCA Offline
Platinum Poster
Dave M_TCA
Wherever my most benevolent em...
Both babies will get plenty of attention, no problem.

Return to Top
#55150 - 01/21/03 05:10 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I didn't know about the netting, thats great! Have fun and enjoy every moment! I can't wait till I get to deal with all of these things too!

Return to Top
#55151 - 01/21/03 05:30 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
We never had a problem with our cat and the baby. We used a monitor and simply closed the door to the baby's room when ever she was napping. When she was awake we were always right by her...it's hard not to be near them, they are so darned cute! And before you know it the baby will be able to move around and it will be the cats hiding from her!
Our cat is so good with our 3 1/2 year old. I often find that my daughter has put a necklace or headband on our poor cat but she just struts around with it on like it's no big deal. Watching the two interact can be priceless!

Return to Top
#55152 - 01/21/03 07:00 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
Animals are surprisingly gentle around babies for some reason. I've never had a problem. I have caught our cat in the crib with each of my children, but the cat was only sleeping. If anything the cat was keeping the baby warm. All will be well.

Congratulations to all who are expecting. It's what life is all about!

Return to Top
#55153 - 01/21/03 08:16 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
In reply to:

the cat was keeping the baby warm

I bet the cat thought that the baby was there just to keep him warm.

From one cat adoptee to another.

Return to Top
#55154 - 01/21/03 08:18 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I know my cats use me to keep them warm! I have two of them draped over and around me at night.

Return to Top
#55155 - 01/21/03 08:19 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
VickiS Offline
100 Club
VickiS
Madison, Wisconsin
With 3 cats on the bed, who needs an electric blanket?

Return to Top
#55156 - 01/21/03 08:37 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love my dalmatian....but he don't like cats

Return to Top
#55157 - 01/21/03 08:46 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
Cats may be warm, but nothing can warm a bed like my dogs. We have three dogs (a Beagle, an Airedale, and a Dachsund mix) and we are foster volunteers for two dog rescue groups (we have one foster right now). We have 4 dogs trying to sleep in the bed every night. The Airedale takes half of our king-size bed, so with my wife, me, and the rest of the dogs in the other half, I haven't been cold at night all season. Except, of course, when there is no room and I have to sleep on the floor.

Return to Top
#55158 - 01/21/03 09:03 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
When my son was 2 we got a cat and then another one. The first (female - Trixie) put herself in charge of the "kitten" right away. Would come & get me if Rob cried and would "smack" me and meow at me if I was yelling at him. When we got Norton (the other cat) he was only a baby himself and she treated them as brothers, but favored Rob(Human baby). After a while Michael (another human brother) came along and Trixie just added him to the pride. She never went into the crib, but would walk around the edge to be sure everything was alright. I think both boys were more considerate and more tender because of their interaction and love for Trixie and Norton.

Return to Top
#55159 - 01/21/03 09:12 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
LOLOLOLOL! Hopefully Spenser & Kinsey will take that attitude too, although I suspect Kinsey will go more for the jealous sibling attitude, at first.

Is Norton named for a certain Scottish fold??

Return to Top
#55160 - 01/21/03 09:20 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
When I got Trixie she was already named so when we were promised a kitten from a litter, the name was either going to be Norton or Alice, depending on the gender. When Rob was in nursery school, the teacher seeing before her only citykids, asked if anyone knew what a Raccoon was, Rob told her "Yea, Ralph and Norton are Raccoons I knew then we watched way to many Honeymooner episodes.

Return to Top
#55161 - 01/22/03 04:34 PM Re: Pure Frivolity
Anonymoose Offline
Who claims to live in Frost Bite Falls MN?

Return to Top
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5