Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#55522 - 01/21/03 06:59 PM OPERATIONS: Closing Accounts
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Where can I find the regs on time frames for notification to close accounts? We have an undesirable customer and we would like to close his account. What kind of notice do we have to give him?
Last edited by mbguard; 01/23/03 09:10 PM.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#55523 - 01/21/03 07:03 PM Re: Closing Accounts
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Have you provided any notice about closing an account in your deposit agreement? Many agreements contains a closing notice paragraph. You may also want to look at your state law.

We generally provide a 10-day notice prior to closing. If a customer has electronic activity, particularly social security or government/payroll direct deposits, we may allow 30 days (and advise them to let us know if for some reason they need more time). Each situation can vary depending upon the specific circumstances for the closure.

Return to Top
#55524 - 01/21/03 07:15 PM Re: Closing Accounts
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
To further what Brenda said, I don't know that there is a reg on this, but rather a contractual issue. It should be addressed in your Deposit Agreement.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#55525 - 01/22/03 01:36 AM Re: Closing Accounts
Lucy Griffin Offline

Diamond Poster
Lucy Griffin
Ditto. And you may also want to have your attorney review any correspondance with the culprit.

Return to Top