Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#559104 - 05/26/06 06:29 PM 1st CRA exam ?'s (OCC bank)
compgrrl Offline
New Poster
Colorado
I am starting to compile information for our CRA exam. One of the things I am being asked to do is complete the list of organizations that our employees volunteered at for credit. I have to do this for three years worth of data. What does the OCC look for? I am planning on describing the organization, but do I need to be specific about who volunteered and what they did? Or can I just total up the hours and move on?
If any one can give me some examples of what they have been successful with or feedback from their exam that would be much appreciated.

Return to Top
CRA
#559105 - 05/26/06 06:57 PM Re: 1st CRA exam ?'s (OCC bank)
upstateNY Offline
Platinum Poster
New York State
This is the quick and dirty summary. First you'll need to determine whether the activity qualifies under CRA. It must be done on bank time, not personal time to qualify. You need a mission statement, or documentation of what the organization is and does so that you can back your determination that it is a qualifying service. Then records of meetings attended, and length of time at each. Its good to have the contact name and number for the organization, as the OCC will call some of the not-for-profits.

Return to Top
#559106 - 05/26/06 10:48 PM Re: 1st CRA exam ?'s (OCC bank)
AEA Offline
Don't forget to show the impact of your activities in your listing. It's more than just how many and to whom. I would suggest that you group your CD services by category, i. e. financial literacy, credit counseling, home ownership, etc., and then tally up how many and how much to illustrate how "significant" of an impact your bank's employees had on the given activity.

Please do not use the laundry listing approach where you include things that you know do not qualify. It only makes for a longer examination.

Return to Top
#559107 - 05/31/06 11:17 PM Re: 1st CRA exam ?'s (OCC bank)
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
And start now collecting the data on a regular basis, don't wait until the next exam. We request the data from employees quarterly. They have a worksheet to complete and then we put the info (if it qualifies) into a format for the examiners.

Return to Top
#559108 - 06/01/06 06:18 PM Re: 1st CRA exam ?'s (OCC bank)
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Hey KC - check your PMs, please!

Return to Top