Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#561019 - 06/01/06 08:51 PM Re: Favorite Food
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, eyes, heart, liver, bladder, and other scraps, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are discarded, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned, and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, and others, are added. The mush is cast into loaves, and allowed to cool thoroughly until gelled. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.

YUK!!!! I'll stick to drinking Snapple!!!

I would rather eat the deluxe version of Scrabble, with a Snapple chaser...

Return to Top
#561020 - 06/01/06 08:55 PM Re: Favorite Food
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
Good one Sox!

Return to Top
#561021 - 06/01/06 08:56 PM Re: Favorite Food
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Good one Sox!

is this compliment the equivalent of 'cats lying down with dogs'?

Return to Top
#561022 - 06/01/06 08:57 PM Re: Favorite Food
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
I'm not desperate enough for food to eat scrapple either!!! Probably one of those foods you either acquire a taste for or not. Kind of like lutefisk!!

Return to Top
#561023 - 06/01/06 08:59 PM Re: Favorite Food
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, eyes, heart, liver, bladder, and other scraps, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are discarded, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned, and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, and others, are added. The mush is cast into loaves, and allowed to cool thoroughly until gelled. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.

Except for the cornmeal, wouldn't that also describe how hot dogs are made?

Return to Top
#561024 - 06/01/06 09:06 PM Re: Favorite Food
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

no. hot dogs only contain lips and @$$holes.

Return to Top
#561025 - 06/01/06 09:08 PM Re: Favorite Food
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm suddenly very hungry. Anyone else???? (gag...)

Return to Top
#561026 - 06/01/06 09:08 PM Re: Favorite Food
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scrapple is awesome!

Return to Top
#561027 - 06/01/06 09:11 PM Re: Favorite Food
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Scrapple is a Philadelphia favorite. Explains a lot, doesn't it?

Return to Top
#561028 - 06/01/06 09:12 PM Re: Favorite Food
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So: the Republican party = hot dogs - lips

Return to Top
#561029 - 06/01/06 09:18 PM Re: Favorite Food
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
TICG,

No, it's Republicans=Elephants Democrats=JackAsses

Return to Top
#561030 - 06/02/06 12:45 PM Re: Favorite Food
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I could live on hot plain salty popcorn, peanut butter and either orange marmalade or honey sandwiches but the bread has to be that pita bread- flat and not too thick.

Which I do at times. Yum.

And the peanut butter has to be JIF.
Last edited by patrice; 06/02/06 12:48 PM.
Return to Top
#561031 - 06/02/06 01:17 PM Re: Favorite Food
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I could live on hot plain salty popcorn, peanut butter and either orange marmalade or honey sandwiches but the bread has to be that pita bread- flat and not too thick.

Nope, the peanut butter has to be Skippy! It's just that much more fun to say! SKIPPY!

Return to Top
#561032 - 06/02/06 01:45 PM Re: Favorite Food
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
Speaking of PB - has anyone tried Skippy Natural? Natural peanut butters in the past have always been refrigerated, hard, and unspreadable. This is with the regular PB and spreads just the same too. The main benefit is that there are no trans fats in it. Supposedly healthier. Good stuff. Had a PB sandwich for breakfast.

Return to Top
#561033 - 06/02/06 01:51 PM Re: Favorite Food
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Nope, the peanut butter has to be Skippy! It's just that much more fun to say! SKIPPY!

NO! JIFFY!

Return to Top
#561034 - 06/02/06 01:52 PM Re: Favorite Food
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

NO! JIFFY!

DITTO!!!

Return to Top
#561035 - 06/02/06 02:00 PM Re: Favorite Food
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
NO! JIFFY! was me- I came back in for a few and forgot I was signed off- anyhow remember Jiffy popcorn that you could shake on the stove- I loved that stuff- I was really good at it too - not burning it that is. Anyhow you'd get those duds once in a while and that was the worst when it wouldn't shake the corn and it would burn- the smell.

PS. my daughter just called and told me I won a $100.00 in a raffle that she put my name on for a school project-WOOHOO-I never win anything but this is good- actually she was in hot water over her phone bill so she is allowed to live another day- just kidding-

Return to Top
#561036 - 06/02/06 03:08 PM Re: Favorite Food
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Speaking of PB - has anyone tried Skippy Natural? Natural peanut butters in the past have always been refrigerated, hard, and unspreadable. This is with the regular PB and spreads just the same too. The main benefit is that there are no trans fats in it. Supposedly healthier. Good stuff. Had a PB sandwich for breakfast.

So do you have to refridgerate it after opening it?

Return to Top
#561037 - 06/02/06 03:09 PM Re: Favorite Food
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

NO! JIFFY! was me- I came back in for a few and forgot I was signed off- anyhow remember Jiffy popcorn that you could shake on the stove- I loved that stuff- I was really good at it too - not burning it that is. Anyhow you'd get those duds once in a while and that was the worst when it wouldn't shake the corn and it would burn- the smell.

PS. my daughter just called and told me I won a $100.00 in a raffle that she put my name on for a school project-WOOHOO-I never win anything but this is good- actually she was in hot water over her phone bill so she is allowed to live another day- just kidding-

So does the $100 cover the phone bill? Or just one day of the phone bill?

Return to Top
#561038 - 06/02/06 03:14 PM Re: Favorite Food
Anonymous
Unregistered

Master Shake here. My absolute favorite food is lobster tail. But, I could go for the old fashion breaded pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and apple sauce. Its the best comfort food in the entire world. Oh I almost forgot. . .chocolate cake w/ white icing.. .yuuuummmmmmmmmy

Return to Top
#561039 - 06/02/06 03:21 PM Re: Favorite Food
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Master Shake here. My absolute favorite food is lobster tail. But, I could go for the old fashion breaded pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and apple sauce. Its the best comfort food in the entire world. Oh I almost forgot. . .chocolate cake w/ white icing.. .yuuuummmmmmmmmy

please come back, master shake! i miss the socks avatar!

Return to Top
#561040 - 06/02/06 04:02 PM Re: Favorite Food
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

please come back, master shake! i miss the socks avatar!

aw thanks.

Return to Top
#561041 - 06/02/06 04:06 PM Re: Favorite Food
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
Quote:

Quote:

So do you have to refridgerate it after opening it?

No refrigeration needed. It really is good too. I don't notice much difference from "regular" PB.

Return to Top
#561042 - 06/02/06 04:11 PM Re: Favorite Food
Edr55 Offline
Gold Star
Edr55
rare to medium rare porterhouse steak and fresh dungeness crab

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4