Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#56368 - 01/23/03 09:49 PM NACHA RULES!!!
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
My bank is beginning to rollout our Cash Management service, and we wanted to include a "customer friendly" version of the NACHA rules (sorry, that's NACHA rules, and not NACHA RULES!!!).
We obviously don't want to send everyone a text book. Does anyone have anything that maybe "friendly"?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#56369 - 01/24/03 03:45 AM Re: NACHA RULES!!!
Kaos Offline
100 Club
Kaos
We always send the latest Corp Edition of the rules out in January. I did hear of a rumor that this was available on the internet and am waiting for a reply from that source.

As for user friendly... Surely you jest?!

Return to Top
#56370 - 01/24/03 02:02 PM Re: NACHA RULES!!!
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Wow! At first I thought you were a big fan of the NACHA rules! How disappointing to find that wasn't the case.

I think you will want to be careful about giving your business customers a "Reader's Digest" version of the the NACHA rules. They can be somewhat technical and complicated and by condensing their obligations and rights you may overlook something important. I would recommend either providing an actual copy of the rules or require that they obtain them on their own through your agreement with them.

The NACHA rules are available through the internet but only if you purchase the hard copy version first.

Return to Top
#56371 - 01/24/03 07:27 PM Re: NACHA RULES!!!
Kaos Offline
100 Club
Kaos
Checked with my "source", in order to access the rules via the internet, you have to be a member. The bank would have to give their corp customers the bank's password. Not gonna happen.

Return to Top
#56372 - 01/28/03 03:46 PM Re: NACHA RULES!!!
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
We provide the corporate edition to each of our new cash management customers.

Return to Top
#56373 - 01/28/03 08:35 PM Re: NACHA RULES!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you send your customers the corportate edition annually or just the first time after you set them up?. These editions are subject to change anually and NACHA updates them anually.

Return to Top
#56374 - 01/28/03 10:18 PM Re: NACHA RULES!!!
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
We do it one time when we set them up. There is a clause in our cash management agreement whereby they agree to take whatever steps are necessary to stay up to date on changes, including obtaining a new copy of the rule book from NACHA as rules are revised. It has gotten us by the auditors so far.

If there is anything significant that needs to be changed (such as formatting issues), we can send our users a message.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z