Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Thread Options
#564055 - 06/08/06 05:02 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Well, folks, as predicted, it only took 29 posts before the thread turned on Bush. Zarqawi IS still dead.

Well, I wonder what he will reincarnate as?

An American woman.

Suzy

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#564056 - 06/08/06 05:09 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
A) My views are not based on 'assumptions' any more than yours are. I read. I do research. I'm not sitting idly by and determining my views upon 'heresay'. I was not basing my sentence on the ONE instance you mentioned (timing of the assassination). I have based it on several factors, non of which I felt the need to list out (page by page) when I state ONE posting on Banker's Online.
B) For someone who thinks the 'other side' resorts to name calling, you sure do take to it quickly. Lazy? Disingenuous? You don't know me AT ALL and that patronizing tone was absolutely uncalled for.

I am a new poster to this website, and I am learning quickly that there are people that seem to be just waiting to verbally attack anyone that dares to say anything that may not completely agree with their own opinion.
I am disappointed, to say the least.

Return to Top
#564057 - 06/08/06 05:11 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
My vote is a dung beetle

Return to Top
#564058 - 06/08/06 05:20 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Madison, please don't judge the whole website by the Watercooler. If you need help on compliance issues or bank work questions, the other listings deliver, usually in a prompt, friendly and civil manner. It just seems that in the watercooler, people tend to forget their professionalism and tact, probably because the topics are not work related.

There are certain posters that I would call "contrarian", that is, they will disagree nastily with anything you have to say, just for shock value or because they have a mean streak. If any posters irritate you, don't answer them. Sometimes we get some real good discussions; but sometimes these discussions degenerate into name calling. That is when it is time to move on to another topic.

Remember, any one can make you angry if you let them. Don't let them.

Return to Top
#564059 - 06/08/06 05:24 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, folks, as predicted, it only took 29 posts before the thread turned on Bush. Zarqawi IS still dead.

Well, I wonder what he will reincarnate as?

An American woman.

Suzy

A Jewish Lesbian American woman. (who, of course will be frustrated in not being able to marry her partner -- see other thread).

Return to Top
#564060 - 06/08/06 05:25 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I hardly think that noticing so called 'coincidences' from a completely corrupt government makes you a conspiracy theorist.

No, but the fact that you think the governmen is completely corrupt does.

Return to Top
#564061 - 06/08/06 05:28 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Sorry, MadisonCali, I don't mean to be patronizing. You called the administration corrupt and said that's the reason why timing of this event is suspect.

I'm just asking you to back up your statement that the administration is corrupt.

Return to Top
#564062 - 06/08/06 05:32 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Madison, please don't judge the whole website by the Watercooler. If you need help on compliance issues or bank work questions, the other listings deliver, usually in a prompt, friendly and civil manner. It just seems that in the watercooler, people tend to forget their professionalism and tact, probably because the topics are not work related.

There are certain posters that I would call "contrarian", that is, they will disagree nastily with anything you have to say, just for shock value or because they have a mean streak. If any posters irritate you, don't answer them. Sometimes we get some real good discussions; but sometimes these discussions degenerate into name calling. That is when it is time to move on to another topic.

Nanwa, I agree with you, but I disagree that Madison was treated uncivilly. She jumped into a political discussion. In my experience they are not for the feint at heart at the dinner table or on BOL. I don't think they should be used an opportunity to impune or insult, but I don't see where Madison was impuned or insulted.

Return to Top
#564063 - 06/08/06 05:38 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Is Vince Foster still dead?

Return to Top
#564064 - 06/08/06 05:45 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

I hardly think that noticing so called 'coincidences' from a completely corrupt government makes you a conspiracy theorist.

Well said.

You people are freaking morons! This is one of the greatest achievements in the war on terror and you cannot let go of your politics for five stinkin seconds and acknowledge the fact that the world is safer. Freakin Idiots!

Return to Top
#564065 - 06/08/06 05:45 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Ah, the usual conservative come back -- "back up your statement"

Now here's an observation of a difference between liberals and conservatives:

Liberals tend to say what they think off the top of their head. It may end up coming out as stupid crap, but it's honest. Conservatives make stupid crap up, and then carefully prepare the twisted logic to back it up before they say it.

Return to Top
#564066 - 06/08/06 05:55 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
It is 1:45, is he still dead?

Return to Top
#564067 - 06/08/06 05:57 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Foxnews.com says so!

Return to Top
#564068 - 06/08/06 05:58 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
sox,

Return to Top
#564069 - 06/08/06 05:59 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Madison may not have directly been impuned or insulted, but, by looking around at other topics, you can see others getting rather testy.

I think it is fine that we can disagree, but not get nasty about it.

Heck, if everyone agreed, wouldn't this world be rather dull?

Return to Top
#564070 - 06/08/06 06:02 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Brought to you courtesy of the Red, White and Blue!!

Return to Top
#564071 - 06/08/06 06:02 PM Re: Zarqawi still dead
Anonymous
Unregistered

13:02 ET. Zarqawi still dead.

Return to Top
#564072 - 06/08/06 06:05 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

Ah, the usual conservative come back -- "back up your statement"

Now here's an observation of a difference between liberals and conservatives:

Liberals tend to say what they think off the top of their head. It may end up coming out as stupid crap, but it's honest. Conservatives make stupid crap up, and then carefully prepare the twisted logic to back it up before they say it.

Totally wrong! I generally don't prepare twisted logic to back up my stupid crap until after I've said it.

But in all seriousness, I was really just trying to point out that ad hominem attacks don't raise the level of debate. If she really believes the administration is "completely corrupt" I'd like to know why. If that's just hyperbole, well then yeah, I'll call her on it.

Return to Top
#564073 - 06/08/06 06:05 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Nanwa, I agree with you, but I disagree that Madison was treated uncivilly. She jumped into a political discussion. In my experience they are not for the feint at heart at the dinner table or on BOL. I don't think they should be used an opportunity to impune or insult, but I don't see where Madison was impuned or insulted.

She was most certainly treated poorly. And here's a newsflash ... some boards have political discussions that don't degenerate into name calling or gleefully celebrating the death of another individual.

Return to Top
#564074 - 06/08/06 06:09 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Quote:

Foxnews.com says so!

Actually, I stand corrected: the headline on foxnews is "Terminated". Was Governor Schwarzenegger (sp?) involved in the airstrike?

Return to Top
#564075 - 06/08/06 06:13 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here.

TIGC, are you suggesting that unfounded, incorrect statements should be our bases of evaluating the validity of an argument.

Can you please find me where we have made "stupid crap" up.

Return to Top
#564076 - 06/08/06 06:14 PM Re: Zarqawi still dead
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

gleefully celebrating the death of another individual.

14:15 ET. Zarqawi gleefully dead.

Return to Top
#564077 - 06/08/06 06:16 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

She was most certainly treated poorly. And here's a newsflash ... some boards have political discussions that don't degenerate into name calling or gleefully celebrating the death of another individual.

grow up! she was not. rainman is one of the most thoughtful, insightful and deliberate posters here and i have NEVER seen him disrepect anyone. everyone of his posts to her have been asking her to back up what, to me, was a ridiculous, knee-jerk conspiracy claim. he wanted to see merit instead of partisanship.

why don't you go to another message board if you do not like this one?

Return to Top
#564078 - 06/08/06 06:16 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
It is now 14:15 and Zarqawi just appeared in my office and confirmed he is deader than a pile of camel manure.

Return to Top
#564079 - 06/08/06 06:17 PM Re: Zarqawi still dead
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

gleefully celebrating the death of another individual.

14:15 ET. Zarqawi gleefully dead.

I’m guessing he’s not so gleefull, what with finding out that there are no virgins and all.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10