Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Thread Options
#564230 - 06/15/06 09:19 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
By arguing you cannot determine if it is impossible, means it might be possible does it not?

Can you please show a verse where the entire context and intent are contained within it?

Then I can point a biblical verse that does the same and watch you explain how condemning Christianity based on one verse is impossible, but how Islam's entire thrust is summed up by one Koranic verse.

Isn't this is really about making generalization about something we do not have knowledge of?

Generalizations are dangerous and usually quite off the mark.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#564231 - 06/15/06 09:22 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

How immature the entire situation has become?
Quote:

Not including you, right?

Quote:

How there are a lot of people in here who under the cloak of anonymity are taking the opportunity to be extra vicious? I'll pass.

No one has been vicious.

Return to Top
#564232 - 06/15/06 09:29 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

By arguing you cannot determine if it is impossible, means it might be possible does it not?

Can you please show a verse where the entire context and intent are contained within it?

Then I can point a biblical verse that does the same and watch you explain how condemning Christianity based on one verse is impossible, but how Islam's entire thrust is summed up by one Koranic verse.

Isn't this is really about making generalization about something we do not have knowledge of?

Generalizations are dangerous and usually quite off the mark.

You presume too much and are reading way too much between the lines. You act like I said that I could prove through the Koran that Islam is a violent religion. I said no such thing. I never even made the claim that Islam was a violent religion. All I said was that I was not saying it was impossible.

Unsupportable presumptions are probably just as dangerous as generalizations and usually quite off the mark.

Return to Top
#564233 - 06/15/06 09:31 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Well I thought you were the anon who was cutting Koran verses and arguing that the verses show that Islam is inherently violent.

I was having the discussion with the wrong anon. Sorry. That is where my presumptions came from.

Return to Top
#564234 - 06/15/06 09:41 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Well I thought you were the anon who was cutting Koran verses and arguing that the verses show that Islam is inherently violent.

I was having the discussion with the wrong anon. Sorry. That is where my presumptions came from.

No problem. I must have jumped into the middle of a conversation.

Return to Top
#564235 - 06/15/06 09:42 PM Re: Zarqawi killed in airstrike - good news!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

How immature the entire situation has become?
Quote:

Not including you, right?

Quote:

How there are a lot of people in here who under the cloak of anonymity are taking the opportunity to be extra vicious? I'll pass.

No one has been vicious.

I meant no one has been vicious today.

Return to Top
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10