Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#567439 - 06/14/06 09:39 PM Re: girls calling guys
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

I must be pathetic; no girl ever called me.

If you were conservative, they would have called!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#567440 - 06/14/06 09:40 PM Re: girls calling guys
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

I was the one who made the first contact with my husband. However, instead of calling, I sent him an email. I remember I asked him if he would want to get together to watch NCAA basketball sometime. He called me a few days later...apparently there is a 3 day rule...and we have been together ever since.

The Golden Jackpot - a girl called him AND called him to watch some college hoops. That is a charmed man you got there, Kara.

Return to Top
#567441 - 06/14/06 09:41 PM Re: girls calling guys
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Quote:

Quote:

No, if I was 80 lbs. lighter and not bald as a que ball they might (??) have called. I'm not complaining, though. I have a very beautiful and loving wife.

Return to Top
#567442 - 06/14/06 09:45 PM Re: girls calling guys
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
You've learned well from your mother how smart, wise and intelligent the human breed known as: woman... can be.

Return to Top
#567443 - 06/14/06 09:47 PM Re: girls calling guys
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, if I was 80 lbs. lighter and not bald as a que ball they might (??) have called. I'm not complaining, though. I have a very beautiful and loving wife.

How now.. some women love healthy men who have que ball heads...

Return to Top
#567444 - 06/14/06 09:49 PM Re: girls calling guys
Kara R. Offline
Racine, WI
Quote:

Quote:

I was the one who made the first contact with my husband. However, instead of calling, I sent him an email. I remember I asked him if he would want to get together to watch NCAA basketball sometime. He called me a few days later...apparently there is a 3 day rule...and we have been together ever since.

The Golden Jackpot - a girl called him AND called him to watch some college hoops. That is a charmed man you got there, Kara.

Yep, and he learned another talent of mine last night at his baseball game...I actually know how to keep score. RBI, FO, GO, K, etc.

Pays to know a thing or two about sports!

Return to Top
#567445 - 06/14/06 10:30 PM Re: girls calling guys
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

Please call me.

Signed, A Guy.

Ok Swim, I am calling you. SWIMWARE WERE ARE YOU??????

Return to Top
#567446 - 06/14/06 10:39 PM Re: girls calling guys
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
In a galaxy close to home.

Return to Top
#567447 - 06/14/06 10:51 PM Re: girls calling guys
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

In a galaxy close to home.

Well send me your number and I will call you.

Return to Top
#567448 - 06/15/06 12:49 PM Re: girls calling guys
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Quote:

Well, did you want them to?

Return to Top
#567449 - 06/15/06 02:00 PM Re: girls calling guys
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with ThatGirl.

My daughter is 16 years old and she will not call a guy unless he has made contact (phone contact, not physical contact)first.

I remember when my son was 12 years old and girls would call him. They would try and schedule meetings at the movies or mall. Often times these girls were considered aggressive and teases.

As a teenager, I don't want my daughter to be that desperate for male companionship. Youth are quick to place labels on their peers. Simply put, a girl that is a tease and aggressor often has a label that is not becoming.

I may be old-fashioned, but that is how I see it.

Return to Top
#567450 - 06/15/06 04:31 PM Re: girls calling guys
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
I don't see why a girl shouldn't call a guy. When I was single I never hesitated to do the asking. I figured if a guy was turned off by my initiative, he probably wasn't looking for a relationship with an equal and I was better off without him. Also, since I knew how it felt to take the risk, and sometimes get turned down, I was never cruel to guys either.

Return to Top
#567451 - 06/15/06 04:33 PM Re: girls calling guys
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I agree with ThatGirl.

My daughter is 16 years old and she will not call a guy unless he has made contact (phone contact, not physical contact)first.

So are you saying women shouldn't be equal to men? That they should not only refrain from calling men first, but should also be treated as subordinates in the workplace?

Return to Top
#567452 - 06/15/06 05:03 PM Re: girls calling guys
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Any of you pretty ladies are welcome to call me first -- PM me for my #

Return to Top
#567453 - 06/15/06 05:35 PM Re: girls calling guys
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Quote:

Quote:

I agree with ThatGirl.

So are you saying women shouldn't be equal to men? That they should not only refrain from calling men first, but should also be treated as subordinates in the workplace?

you wouldnt be trying to start a political debate now would you BF?

Return to Top
#567454 - 06/15/06 05:41 PM Re: girls calling guys
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with ThatGirl.

you wouldnt be trying to start a political debate now would you BF?

No, but as a guy who normally can't read a signal to tell him a woman is interested any better than I can read a Haiku written in Japanese, I get so frustrated by women who never take the first step, expecting men to be responsible for this, yet want equal rights in everything else!

Next we will hear the argument that women should get equal pay for the same job, but not be at all responsible for any expenses incurred during the dating period....

Return to Top
#567455 - 06/15/06 06:08 PM Re: girls calling guys
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
About expense incurred in the dating process... this is just my thoughts.. and mine alone..

I've never understood why women will take a man for everything they think they can get their hands on... meaning.. if ya go out to dinner... why do ya have to order the most expensive menu item... knowing ya might not really like it... I mean heck... maybe I was raised different.... but I was taught... if ya wouldn't go into the resturant and order the menu item and pay for it yourself... then ya should carry those same habits into the dating world. So.. if I'm not gonna pay $15.00 for a plate when I'm by myself.. then I'm sure not gonna expect the guy to do it.

Another thing... I never... never... go out on a date without taking more than enough money. Never know what might happen. Had a friend who was out on a date and the guy didn't have enough money for both of them.. and then decided to tell her to pay for her own.

Maybe I'm wrong.. but I've never learned to take the guy for all he had like most women do these days.

Hmm.. maybe why I'm still single...

Return to Top
#567456 - 06/15/06 06:31 PM Re: girls calling guys
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Its my job, BF, to give you a hard time. My thoughts are women rights are they should NOT be police officers, nor firemen, nor any other man handling job that requires strength that women just simply do not have. But dont step all over us either just because we are women. If I work too to help pay the bills, by golly my husbnad can help take care of the children. If I dont work, then its the womans job.

Im sure this post will open a can of worms with those who believe in equal rights, but remember, this is merely MY OPINION only.

Return to Top
#567457 - 06/15/06 06:38 PM Re: girls calling guys
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Its my job, BF, to give you a hard time. My thoughts are women rights are they should NOT be police officers, nor firemen, nor any other man handling job that requires strength that women just simply do not have. But dont step all over us either just because we are women. If I work too to help pay the bills, by golly my husbnad can help take care of the children. If I dont work, then its the womans job.

Im sure this post will open a can of worms with those who believe in equal rights, but remember, this is merely MY OPINION only.

I think traditional roles are outdated. Women made them so when they started burning their bras in the streets decades ago. So throw out the old completely, not just where it suits you! CALL THE BOYS!

Return to Top
#567458 - 06/15/06 06:47 PM Re: girls calling guys
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Call 'em and when they answer....hang up!

(hey...it worked in 3rd grade)

Return to Top
#567459 - 06/15/06 06:47 PM Re: girls calling guys
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

I think traditional roles are outdated. Women made them so when they started burning their bras in the streets decades ago. So throw out the old completely, not just where it suits you! CALL THE BOYS!

You'd burn those suckers too if ya had to wear them... somtimes they are such a pain and totally uncomfortable....

Return to Top
#567460 - 06/15/06 06:55 PM Re: girls calling guys
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I guess I am old school. I always thought calling the guy first would make me look desparate. Once the guy calls, and establishes that he is interested, then, if you are interested too, I don't see any reason not to pursue it.

Return to Top
#567461 - 06/15/06 07:03 PM Re: girls calling guys
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

I guess I am old school. I always thought calling the guy first would make me look desparate. Once the guy calls, and establishes that he is interested, then, if you are interested too, I don't see any reason not to pursue it.

Desperate women are the best kind

Return to Top
#567462 - 06/15/06 07:04 PM Re: girls calling guys
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Hmmmmm....I've been thinking about forwarding this thread to Ms. Manners....

Each person, man or woman, has different comfort levels in approaching someone they are interested in....not taking in to account old or new "values".....if you, as an individual man or woman, feel comfortable making the first contact....make it....if you don't then don't....it's strictly an individual's choice....

Return to Top
#567463 - 06/15/06 07:10 PM Re: girls calling guys
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You'd burn those suckers too if ya had to wear them... somtimes they are such a pain and totally uncomfortable....

Yeah, and you know why? Because a man was tired of having to call so he invented them with underwires! And right after that he thought up really pointy, tall high heeled shoes!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4