Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Its my job, BF, to give you a hard time. My thoughts are women rights are they should NOT be police officers, nor firemen, nor any other man handling job that requires strength that women just simply do not have. But dont step all over us either just because we are women. If I work too to help pay the bills, by golly my husbnad can help take care of the children. If I dont work, then its the womans job.

Im sure this post will open a can of worms with those who believe in equal rights, but remember, this is merely MY OPINION only.

I think traditional roles are outdated. Women made them so when they started burning their bras in the streets decades ago. So throw out the old completely, not just where it suits you! CALL THE BOYS!

You'd burn those suckers too if ya had to wear them... somtimes they are such a pain and totally uncomfortable....

Yeah, and you know why? Because a man was tired of having to call so he invented them with underwires! And right after that he thought up really pointy, tall high heeled shoes!

ROFL... the dang underwires are the worst... especially when they pop and stab ya... no wonder we women are cranky... all freaking day at the work place.. no way we can leave and go home and change... and can't very well pull the underwire out of the side that's pop... being lop-sided just isn't attractive...

Shoes... now that's my love... One thing man did right...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#567465 - 06/15/06 07:25 PM Re: girls calling guys
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think a woman should and can work any job she desires, just as any man would do. I do not believe in "woman's work" or "man's work". That's why I've killed spiders and my husband has changed diapers. Women can be police officers, firefigthers and members of the armed forces. Men can be nurses, teachers, and stay-at-home full-time caregivers.

Life is too short to play games. If you like someone, the best way to let them know is to tell them.

Suzy

Return to Top
#567466 - 06/15/06 07:41 PM Re: girls calling guys
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Totally agree that women or men can fit just about any bill. I really like taking care of my man, the home, the kids...it fits for me.

Meanwhile....im working because I have to. Old fashioned works for me though.

Return to Top
#567467 - 06/15/06 07:52 PM Re: girls calling guys
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
but I dont have anybody to call.

Return to Top
#567468 - 06/15/06 08:02 PM Re: girls calling guys
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

About expense incurred in the dating process... this is just my thoughts.. and mine alone..

I've never understood why women will take a man for everything they think they can get their hands on... meaning.. if ya go out to dinner... why do ya have to order the most expensive menu item... knowing ya might not really like it... I mean heck... maybe I was raised different.... but I was taught... if ya wouldn't go into the resturant and order the menu item and pay for it yourself... then ya should carry those same habits into the dating world. So.. if I'm not gonna pay $15.00 for a plate when I'm by myself.. then I'm sure not gonna expect the guy to do it.

Another thing... I never... never... go out on a date without taking more than enough money. Never know what might happen. Had a friend who was out on a date and the guy didn't have enough money for both of them.. and then decided to tell her to pay for her own.

Maybe I'm wrong.. but I've never learned to take the guy for all he had like most women do these days.

Hmm.. maybe why I'm still single...

1. No, you are not wrong, not at all. You are right on the money, so to speak.
2. With that perspective on dating, you won't be single long, in my estimation.
3. How far is Texas from New Jersey?

Return to Top
#567469 - 06/15/06 08:07 PM Re: girls calling guys
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

Any of you pretty ladies are welcome to call me first -- PM me for my #

Don't you think your wife might have a problem with that?

Return to Top
#567470 - 06/15/06 08:09 PM Re: girls calling guys
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Quote:

Its my job, BF, to give you a hard time. My thoughts are women rights are they should NOT be police officers, nor firemen, nor any other man handling job that requires strength that women just simply do not have. But dont step all over us either just because we are women. If I work too to help pay the bills, by golly my husbnad can help take care of the children. If I dont work, then its the womans job.

Im sure this post will open a can of worms with those who believe in equal rights, but remember, this is merely MY OPINION only.

Boy, I better not show this to any of my women cop friends. The might want to show you how well a woman can hadle the job. Believe it or not, they are not masculine looking at all.

Return to Top
#567471 - 06/15/06 08:15 PM Re: girls calling guys
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

About expense incurred in the dating process... this is just my thoughts.. and mine alone..

I've never understood why women will take a man for everything they think they can get their hands on... meaning.. if ya go out to dinner... why do ya have to order the most expensive menu item... knowing ya might not really like it... I mean heck... maybe I was raised different.... but I was taught... if ya wouldn't go into the resturant and order the menu item and pay for it yourself... then ya should carry those same habits into the dating world. So.. if I'm not gonna pay $15.00 for a plate when I'm by myself.. then I'm sure not gonna expect the guy to do it.

Another thing... I never... never... go out on a date without taking more than enough money. Never know what might happen. Had a friend who was out on a date and the guy didn't have enough money for both of them.. and then decided to tell her to pay for her own.

Maybe I'm wrong.. but I've never learned to take the guy for all he had like most women do these days.

Hmm.. maybe why I'm still single...

1. No, you are not wrong, not at all. You are right on the money, so to speak.
2. With that perspective on dating, you won't be single long, in my estimation.
3. How far is Texas from New Jersey?

1. Good... I'm glad you agreed... hehehe
2. Well... not sure about that... seems the guys love when women take advantage of them... they continue to seek this type of personality in females.
3. Est time... 27 hours 6 mins, Est distance... 1744.15 miles - and that's driving non-stop...

Return to Top
#567472 - 06/15/06 08:31 PM Re: girls calling guys
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

but I dont have anybody to call.

Have you tried The Incredible Comply Guy? Rumor has it that he's fielding calls.

Return to Top
#567473 - 06/15/06 09:00 PM Re: girls calling guys
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
He's nice and all but I try to avoid the married ones...........

Return to Top
#567474 - 06/15/06 09:24 PM Re: girls calling guys
file queen Offline
Gold Star
file queen
Nevada
Quote:

...apparently there is a 3 day rule...

Aarrgghh! Who thought up the 3 day rule? I don't mind being the one to call, but if a guy says he will call me, then call me. If he waits 3 days, I've moved on to someone else!

Return to Top
#567475 - 06/15/06 09:38 PM Re: girls calling guys
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
for me... with a certain guy... it was over 4 or 5 months before I knew he wanted me to call him back... talk about missing the clue.... But needless to say... I finally got the clue... called... and I enjoyed talking to him. Now... it's his turn to call back... ROFL...

Return to Top
#567476 - 06/15/06 09:48 PM Re: girls calling guys
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
sounds like your kind of snobby to me T. c'mon catch a clue.

Return to Top
#567477 - 06/15/06 09:58 PM Re: girls calling guys
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

sounds like your kind of snobby to me T. c'mon catch a clue.

Oh J... didn't realize ya were giving me one... I'll do better next time...I promise... hehehe...

Return to Top
#567478 - 06/16/06 12:28 AM Re: girls calling guys
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:

....apparently there is a 3 day rule...

Maybe they're abiding by the requirements of 226.15 and 226.23....... .....if you don't call back and cancel your request by midnight of the 3rd day then they know it's OK to call you back....

Return to Top
#567479 - 06/16/06 12:34 AM Re: girls calling guys
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
Quote:

girls can call first, but dont call him again until he calls you, unless you knwo he is expecting you to call and you wont come off as overbearing or desperate

I agree with Dip. A girl should call a guy if she's interested. Once. I asked my hubby out on our first date (he said yes) After that, it was up to him to call me. (he did)

Return to Top
#567480 - 06/16/06 12:45 AM Re: girls calling guys
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
Quote:

I agree with ThatGirl.

My daughter is 16 years old and she will not call a guy unless he has made contact (phone contact, not physical contact)first.

I remember when my son was 12 years old and girls would call him. They would try and schedule meetings at the movies or mall. Often times these girls were considered aggressive and teases.

As a teenager, I don't want my daughter to be that desperate for male companionship. Youth are quick to place labels on their peers. Simply put, a girl that is a tease and aggressor often has a label that is not becoming.

I may be old-fashioned, but that is how I see it.

Just because a woman calls/emails/talks to a guy first does not automatically make her desperate, aggressive, or a tease. In my case, I was confident in myself. I knew my husband was attracted to me but he was afraid I wouldn't give a guy like him the time of day. So, I decided to put him out of his misery and ask HIM out. See? Women can be extremely kind when making that first move.

Return to Top
#567481 - 06/16/06 03:19 AM Re: girls calling guys
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe they're abiding by the requirements of 226.15 and 226.23....... .....if you don't call back and cancel your request by midnight of the 3rd day then they know it's OK to call you back....

Dan, You really need a break. You probably whisper sweet regulations in a girl's ear instead of sweet nothings.

Return to Top
#567482 - 06/16/06 01:29 PM Re: girls calling guys
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

I agree with ThatGirl.

My daughter is 16 years old and she will not call a guy unless he has made contact (phone contact, not physical contact)first.

I remember when my son was 12 years old and girls would call him. They would try and schedule meetings at the movies or mall. Often times these girls were considered aggressive and teases.

As a teenager, I don't want my daughter to be that desperate for male companionship. Youth are quick to place labels on their peers. Simply put, a girl that is a tease and aggressor often has a label that is not becoming.

I may be old-fashioned, but that is how I see it.

Just because a woman calls/emails/talks to a guy first does not automatically make her desperate, aggressive, or a tease. In my case, I was confident in myself. I knew my husband was attracted to me but he was afraid I wouldn't give a guy like him the time of day. So, I decided to put him out of his misery and ask HIM out. See? Women can be extremely kind when making that first move.

YES YES YES YES YES! GOOD FOR YOU IZZO! Seriously, why should men always be the ones to make the first move? Are we always desperate, aggressive or a tease when we call?

Return to Top
#567483 - 06/16/06 01:30 PM Re: girls calling guys
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dan, You really need a break. You probably whisper sweet regulations in a girl's ear instead of sweet nothings.

It keeps him from being attacked! Don't forget, Dan's a playa! And... "He's too sexy for his regs too sexy for his regs so sexy it hurts!"

Return to Top
#567484 - 06/16/06 01:37 PM Re: girls calling guys
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
And one needs to know the penalties for early withdrawals and premature disbursements.........

Return to Top
#567485 - 06/16/06 01:53 PM Re: girls calling guys
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

And one needs to know the penalties for early withdrawals and premature disbursements.........

This from Dan? You really have come out of your shell!

Return to Top
#567486 - 06/16/06 02:33 PM Re: girls calling guys
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
ROFL...

Return to Top
#567487 - 06/16/06 03:26 PM Re: girls calling guys
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Quote:

ROFL...

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does "ROFL" mean? Thank you.

Return to Top
#567488 - 06/16/06 03:26 PM Re: girls calling guys
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Anbody else think we need to check the basement of Dan's house for pods?

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4