Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#568407 - 06/16/06 04:52 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Quote:

Quote:

Ahhh, mentioning board games -- I am an expert Monopoly player -- NEVER lost a game. I'm also quite good at Backgammon. So, I'll challenge any of the ladies to a game of strip Monopoly or strip Backgammon. Nude twister is also fun with the right people -- don't need to be good at it, the fun isn't in the winning, it's in the playing

LOVE Backgammon (although I've never played nekkid ). Do you play Acey/Deucey or straight?

I'll bet that I can beat you at Backgammon! Nude or not!
Suzy

Maria, have you ever played Jellyfish backgammon on your computer? If so, then I'd love to hear your opinion on the "fairness" of the dice rolls.

If anyone likes backgammon, download the free Jellyfish backgammon game and configure it to play against you. I've am convinced that my computer opponent gets better dice rolls.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#568408 - 06/16/06 05:02 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Quote:

M:TG is bad, bad stuff. I have bought in and sold out 3 times. I first started playing back in the mid 90's. I thought the game was going to away after Fallen Empires so I sold out. Since then in and out 2 more times and it looks like I am getting back in with the new set in October.

Combine that with War Machine, Hordes, and my board games and it is ludicrous.

Well stop that! Don't think it's going anywhere soon.

I think stinking Yu-Gi-Oh is going to take over the world. *rolls her eyes*

Return to Top
#568409 - 06/16/06 05:03 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Oh, man, boardgamegeek.com is the best. It proved very helpful when I needed to look up reviews and errata and house rules for Formule De and Betrayal At House On The Hill. Next time I go to some convention, I sure wish I had some wireless doohickey so I could immediately look up a game's rating when I'm thinking about buying it. At $50 a pop, you hate to guess wrong and come up with something crummy.

I forgot another old classic, though I haven't played it in some time: Talisman.

Talisman? Oh my goodness, haven't heard that one in a long time! (With or without all the expansions?)

Return to Top
#568410 - 06/16/06 05:07 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Man it turned geeky in here really fast.

Return to Top
#568411 - 06/16/06 05:07 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Steven, I will have to try that, do you have a link? Please.

Return to Top
#568412 - 06/16/06 05:09 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Quote:

I had to bail outta Magic 'cuz I just couldn't hang with the big dogs no more, the ones that spent hours on end on deck construction. Plus the rules these days are just insanely complicated. My brain overloaded about five years ago when they introduced shadow walking.

From my experience seems those who can throw a deck together in no time and just tweak it as they go seem to build the best decks.
Don't think the rules are so bad, but then again.. I didn't play "back in the day."

Return to Top
#568413 - 06/16/06 05:14 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ahhh, mentioning board games -- I am an expert Monopoly player -- NEVER lost a game. I'm also quite good at Backgammon. So, I'll challenge any of the ladies to a game of strip Monopoly or strip Backgammon. Nude twister is also fun with the right people -- don't need to be good at it, the fun isn't in the winning, it's in the playing

LOVE Backgammon (although I've never played nekkid ). Do you play Acey/Deucey or straight?

Suzy

Maria, have you ever played Jellyfish backgammon on your computer? If so, then I'd love to hear your opinion on the "fairness" of the dice rolls.

If anyone likes backgammon, download the free Jellyfish backgammon game and configure it to play against you. I've am convinced that my computer opponent gets better dice rolls.

Should be a simple matter of recording the dice rolls. Over time, those of each player should have an even distribution.

Return to Top
#568414 - 06/16/06 05:20 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Quote:

Steven, I will have to try that, do you have a link? Please.

Here's the link: http://www.jellyfish-backgammon.com/

Download the Jellyfish 3.5 light game. PM or call me if you have any questions.

Return to Top
#568415 - 06/16/06 05:22 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Will it show on my internet report (that I review) as a downloaded game?

Return to Top
#568416 - 06/16/06 05:23 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Suzy

Should be a simple matter of recording the dice rolls. Over time, those of each player should have an even distribution.

Normally, I would agree with you; however, since I only play the game against my PC opponent (over ten thousand games) I know, for a fact, that the rolls are not evenly distributed. I spoke with the US representative for the game, Mr. Beatie, and he said the rolls were totally random. He lied!!!

Return to Top
#568417 - 06/16/06 05:27 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Quote:

Will it show on my internet report (that I review) as a downloaded game?

Sorry, Maria, I don't know. It's a very small download, and it will be listed in your list of programs on your PC. Maybe someone else might be able to answer your question.

Return to Top
#568418 - 06/16/06 05:30 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Thanks S1950.

Return to Top
#568419 - 06/16/06 05:32 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am an expert in FISH!

Return to Top
#568420 - 06/16/06 05:52 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wish I was an expert in something useful, like understanding my wife! Unfortunately I am relegated to being an expert in:
-Analyzing Fantasy Baseball stats. I never lose and now I have to play online under an assumed name (my friend's) to get people to play with me.
-Memorizing useless facts. I don't know the names of the last five clients I met but I still know my high school locker combination.
-Counting cards in Hearts. If only I counted so well when the game was for money!
-Making Mac and Cheese from the box. Haven't needed the directions in years.
-Identifying attractive ladies, and Mariposa qualifies. The picture brightened an already enjoyable Friday morning. Thanks!

Return to Top
#568421 - 06/16/06 06:26 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

LOL the way things are going, I'll soon be an expert in cleaning hardwood floors! Who'd have thought it was less work to keep carpets clean!

Actually Michael, I discovered that wood floors just show all the stuff that was hiding in the carpet. Once I realized that, I was glad I got rid of most of my carpet and bought a Dyson for the rest of it.

Return to Top
#568422 - 06/16/06 06:31 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

LOL the way things are going, I'll soon be an expert in cleaning hardwood floors! Who'd have thought it was less work to keep carpets clean!

Actually Michael, I discovered that wood floors just show all the stuff that was hiding in the carpet. Once I realized that, I was glad I got rid of most of my carpet and bought a Dyson for the rest of it.

Yup, they sure do! My cats are about to be homeless if they don't learn to keep every last piece of litter in the box too!

Return to Top
#568423 - 06/16/06 06:55 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
Paul Franklin Offline
100 Club
Bothell, Washington
I like to think I am an expert at cribbage, and the same goes for the original pc version of Ghost Recon. My wife would say I am an expert at driving her crazy :-)

I used to do Magic, but fortunately I had friends with $1000's invested in cards that I could sponge off of.

Return to Top
#568424 - 06/17/06 03:50 AM Re: Are you an "expert"?
mariposa Offline
100 Club
the Golden State
Quote:

-Identifying attractive ladies, and Mariposa qualifies. The picture brightened an already enjoyable Friday morning. Thanks!

AWWWW!!! And YOU brightened my Friday Evening! Thank you!!!!

Return to Top
#568425 - 06/17/06 02:28 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
i am an expert at air hockey. i have played over 200 games, against men usually, and i have never lost yet. maybe i shouldn't say expert.....just the master!
also art. i have always been good at writing, and drawng, and painting....but i am really getting good at the knowledge, and history of it.
i am working on photography. i am great at taking pics, but i want to know more about art of it.

Return to Top
#568426 - 06/18/06 05:24 AM Re: Are you an "expert"?
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

Talisman? Oh my goodness, haven't heard that one in a long time! (With or without all the expansions?)

The last two or three expansions were lame--I'm thinking about the City and the Dragon Tower. The extradimensional place was too powerful. Dungeon expansion was pretty cool, though.

'Course, you don't even try to play Talisman unless you have about five hours to kill.

Return to Top
#568427 - 06/19/06 01:11 PM Re: Are you an "expert"?
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I guess I could say I'm an expert at photography. Slick if you have any questions PM me. Photography takes many years to master.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3