Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#568979 - 06/16/06 07:18 PM Do Not Call Policy
jsides Offline
jsides
Ga.
Hey kids-
Sooooooo... I get an e-mail about this whole Do Not Call Policy...some of you may have gotten it as well. So here's the sitch. We are a small comm. bank and have no Do Not Call list. Do we need one? Can we send out a statement stuffer that notifies folk what they need to do and what not? Let me know, what you know!?! Thanks!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#568980 - 06/16/06 09:45 PM Re: Do Not Call Policy
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
jsides, I don't know what your email message said, but when people talk about "do not call lists" they are generally referring to lists maintained by the federal or state governments of individuals who do not want to receive unsolicited phone calls from telemarketers. It is a violation of law to place a marketing call to folks on these lists. There are usually exceptions, of course, for example, if the caller already has a business relationship with the person being called.

Your bank may also want to maintain its own list of customers who don't want to receive marketing materials or calls from you. We allow our customers to put their names on such a list.

Return to Top
#568981 - 06/20/06 03:02 PM Re: Do Not Call Policy
lbbanker Offline
Homestar:

Do you keep that list of customers that don't want to be called in the future on an excel spreadsheet or how do you maintain that list??

Thanks
Lisa

Return to Top
#568982 - 06/20/06 03:14 PM Re: Do Not Call Policy
Mary Beth Guard Offline
Platinum Poster
Mary Beth Guard
Oklahoma City, OK
Stay tuned. We're putting out a special briefing on this. It's a more complex topic than most of us ever dreamed . . .

Return to Top
#568983 - 06/20/06 03:31 PM Re: Do Not Call Policy
lbbanker Offline
Mary Beth:

Thanks for the heads up! Were would I find that special briefing??

Return to Top
#568984 - 06/23/06 03:25 AM Re: Do Not Call Policy
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
It went out late this morning (6/22/06). If you are a banker with access to the Private Forums, you'll also see a post there from me with a link to a copy of the briefing.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#568985 - 06/23/06 08:07 PM Re: Do Not Call Policy
jsides Offline
jsides
Ga.
How do I, as a banker, gain access to Private Forum?

Return to Top
#568986 - 06/23/06 08:20 PM Re: Do Not Call Policy
Jan94 Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Quote:

To gain access to the Private Forum you must first be a registered user of Bankers Threads. To register go to:

http://www.bankersonline.com/ubbthreads/newuser.php?Cat=0

If you are a registered user of the the Threads, send a request to:

Cynthia Heitzler at Bankersonline from your bank email address, and include your registered user name. Simply say "I'd like access to the private forum." When we've verified your bank employee status, you'll get an email from us giving you access.

Return to Top