Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#570785 - 06/28/06 01:23 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Hey, what about crotch ball? I laughed so hard. My friend Kirsten and I were rolling and every once in a while Kir would just mutter "crotch ball" and we'd start laughing all over again.

That was funny-Josh had pretty good aim!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#570786 - 06/28/06 01:24 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
I liked Joey last night, but knew he was doomed. Going first is a big disadvantage. I knew Chris would get the vote because he did the bit about drugs, which some lame people think is just the coolest thing. He was funny though. I thought Bill was a bit weak, though I am going to use his response the next time I go out and someone asks me 'Who has the kids?' That was good.
Michelle is good, and I think she probably got the women vote (especially the older women), which is roughly half of the audience, and she went last.

Return to Top
#570787 - 06/28/06 01:26 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Hey, what about crotch ball? I laughed so hard. My friend Kirsten and I were rolling and every once in a while Kir would just mutter "crotch ball" and we'd start laughing all over again.

That *was* funny. How come she didn't get to throw at Josh though!? She might have thrown at him and they just didn't show it because they were afraid of receiving angry letters about the mean woman picking on the handicapped guy! LOL - as if he couldn't hold his own. Can you believe how he was dashing around and catching the football? I really like him. I think he's a stitch. And a hoot. Yep, stitch and hoot - sounds like a law firm, doesn't it?

Suzy

Return to Top
#570788 - 06/28/06 01:31 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

That *was* funny. How come she didn't get to throw at Josh though!? She might have thrown at him and they just didn't show it because they were afraid of receiving angry letters about the mean woman picking on the handicapped guy! LOL - as if he couldn't hold his own. Can you believe how he was dashing around and catching the football? I really like him. I think he's a stitch. And a hoot. Yep, stitch and hoot - sounds like a law firm, doesn't it?

Suzy

He is really funny. I tend to favor edgier comedy, but he does make me laugh even when he's just messing around on the ship and not actually performing.

I bet no one picks Michele again for a while. She survived two head to heads and seems to be a formidable competitor.

Return to Top
#570789 - 06/28/06 01:32 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Suzy

Why did the vision of Stitch from Lilo and Stitch at Hooters just come to my mind?

I still can't decide if Gabriel or Josh is my favorite. Haven't seen enough of either of them yet, but what I have seen just cracks me up.

Return to Top
#570790 - 06/28/06 01:36 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Suzy

He is really funny. I tend to favor edgier comedy, but he does make me laugh even when he's just messing around on the ship and not actually performing.

I bet no one picks Michele again for a while. She survived two head to heads and seems to be a formidable competitor.

I agree, SP. It was smart of her to tell them she won overwhelmingly after the first head to head-give them something to think about.

Return to Top
#570791 - 06/28/06 01:42 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Suzy

I agree, SP. It was smart of her to tell them she won overwhelmingly after the first head to head-give them something to think about.

I disagree. The way to go now is to keep challenging her and run her out of material so she's forced to reuse the same material.

Return to Top
#570792 - 06/28/06 01:48 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Suzy

I disagree. The way to go now is to keep challenging her and run her out of material so she's forced to reuse the same material.

Assuming the audience is different at each head to head, does reusing the material matter? If there are some guidelines about needing to use new material, you make a good point, BF.

Return to Top
#570793 - 06/28/06 01:49 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, it's a different audience everytime, isn't it? With the exception of the television audience, of course. And since we only see select bits from each routine, they could show us something different each time too, and we wouldn't have a clue. Remember Ant and his Scooby Doo routine? He did that dumb thing every single flippig time he was on stage.

Suzy

Return to Top
#570794 - 06/28/06 01:50 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
In the end, doesn't it come down to the viewer votes though, and not the audience in the theatre?

Return to Top
#570795 - 06/28/06 01:52 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Well, it's a different audience everytime, isn't it? With the exception of the television audience, of course. And since we only see select bits from each routine, they could show us something different each time too, and we wouldn't have a clue. Remember Ant and his Scooby Doo routine? He did that dumb thing every single flippig time he was on stage.

Suzy

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the other performers again. Chris Porter is one of my favorites and I wasn't too nervous for him last night because I knew Joey Gay was gone before he even opened his mouth and after I heard Bil's routine I knew how the vote would go. I'd like to see Ty perform again because he's funny and of course I want to hear Roz. I love, love, love her.

Return to Top
#570796 - 06/28/06 04:10 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Quote:

That was funny-Josh had pretty good aim!

Don't know if anyone has read the bios at the NBC website. Sounds like Josh is a very good athlete. He was sure catching the football well last night and did have good throwing aim. His bio says he also competed in soccer in the Paralympic games in Greece in 2004 after the Summer Olympic games. Obviously, he's someone who is not disabled, just differently enabled. I'm a big fan of him, Gabriel (at least from what I've seen to this point), and Kirsten.

Return to Top
#570797 - 06/28/06 05:06 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Josh is pretty funny. I didn’t like Michelle too much, but other than last night, I haven’t watched since the auditions.

Chris and Josh are my favorites right now.

The roast looks like it could be hilarious.

Hey SP.............CROTCH BALL!!!

Return to Top
#570798 - 06/28/06 05:35 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Josh is pretty funny. I didn’t like Michelle too much, but other than last night, I haven’t watched since the auditions.

Chris and Josh are my favorites right now.

The roast looks like it could be hilarious.

Hey SP.............CROTCH BALL!!!

OMG it's still cracking me up. I literally read this and laughed out loud. The second floor receptionist stuck her head in my office and asked if I was cracking up.

Return to Top
#570799 - 06/29/06 05:40 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I like Kristen and Chris Porter. I liked Bil, but knew he probably wouldn't last too long. I don't much care for Roz or Rebecca and I'm not a huge Josh fan. I think Gabriel's "pick 'em out of a hat" thing is going to earn him some animosity - Chris should not have had to go to the head-to-head this last show. I don't like that they're eliminating 2 comics each show right now and I agree with some of the PPs that they left a lot of good talent on the stage - what, so they were sure to have room for Stella? Please.

Return to Top
#570800 - 06/29/06 05:53 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

I like Kristen and Chris Porter. I liked Bil, but knew he probably wouldn't last too long. I don't much care for Roz or Rebecca and I'm not a huge Josh fan. I think Gabriel's "pick 'em out of a hat" thing is going to earn him some animosity - Chris should not have had to go to the head-to-head this last show. I don't like that they're eliminating 2 comics each show right now and I agree with some of the PPs that they left a lot of good talent on the stage - what, so they were sure to have room for Stella? Please.

Nice to see you back, EGB...
I agree with you on the Gabriel thing-BF thinks it might be a ploy on his part, but I think he wants to be the good guy, but it will bite him later.

Stella's only purpose in being there, IMHO, was her personality, and rooming her with Roz was for shock value.

Return to Top
#570801 - 07/13/06 02:07 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Any thoughts on this weeks show? Seems as though Chris Porter is doing very well. I liked Kristen, but it seemed as though her roast of Gabriel went over like a lead baloon. Not sorry to see Rebecca go-

And what was Gabriel thinking? Him getting the boot is a big plus (no pun intended ) for the remaining comics.

Return to Top
#570802 - 07/13/06 02:17 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
MStateFan Offline
100 Club
MStateFan
Mississippi
I was disappointed to see Kristen go (ditto sox's opinion on Rebecca - what is the deal with that kick she does?), but Ty was definitely the best of the three in the head-to-head. I think Chris is my favorite right now, followed by Josh, Ty, Michelle, and Roz.

I couldn't believe Gabriel - it was one thing to get caught with the Blackberry, but then to sneak around and make an illegal phone call after that?! He could have been a real contender.

Return to Top
#570803 - 07/13/06 02:28 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Gabriel is gone? Someone fill me in! A big storm here in Cincy caused the stations to play weather all night instead of showing anything!

Return to Top
#570804 - 07/13/06 02:37 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Gabriel is gone? Someone fill me in! A big storm here in Cincy caused the stations to play weather all night instead of showing anything!

You missed some drama, BF.
One of the producers caught him using a blackberry device, apparently he was keeping in contact with a "loved one"...then later that night, cameras caught him sneaking out of his room to another area of the ship, and he called someone. The rules strictly prohibit any outside contact other than the monitored call they get every other day. The executive producer and someone else from the show discussed it with him and they sent him home for violating the rules.....

Return to Top
#570805 - 07/13/06 03:46 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Man. That storm coverage was annoying. I managed to miss Rock Star, BB, AND Last Comic. All because at the very edge of the viewing area there was a big storm with tornados. 90% of us were not affected!

Return to Top
#570806 - 07/13/06 03:50 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

Man. That storm coverage was annoying. I managed to miss Rock Star, BB, AND Last Comic. All because at the very edge of the viewing area there was a big storm with tornados. 90% of us were not affected!

My husband and I say the weatherman has got "weather wood" when that happens...which is every Thursay in the months of April and May in Oklahoma.

Return to Top
#570807 - 07/13/06 03:55 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

My husband and I say the weatherman has got "weather wood" when that happens...which is every Thursay in the months of April and May in Oklahoma.

I think that all the stations were having a competition about who could take the longest "break" in programming! Your description is good though!

Return to Top
#570808 - 07/14/06 02:17 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Just watched Last Comic Standing last night. (love you TiVO).
The roast was hilarious. I'm not sad to see the two leave, and I thought it was funny how badly kristen bombed.

How does that final part of the show go? Since there are 5 left, are there no more head to heads?

Still hoping for Josh or Chris.

Return to Top
#570809 - 07/14/06 07:40 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
As I understand from the previews, I think next week is the finale and each of the 5 comics will do their routine and the telephone lines will be opened up for voting. The top vote-getter will be the Last Comic Standing.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5